Randee's Mountaineer Football Bud Bowl

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by randee, Aug 11, 2010.

1. #1 randee, Aug 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2010
    This is a late start on a journal but better late than never. I started my Blueberry and Gspot back in the middle of April inside. Then I decided I wanted some more variety for the stash and was not worried about a lot quantity so I put in an order at Worldwide Seeds and Ordered 1 each feminized Vanilla Kush & White Widow from Barney's, Nirvana - Bubblelicious, and Dutch Passion - Strawberry Cough.

I had just hooked up here at GC and thank God I went straight to the Organic section and ran into discussions by LumperDawgz, Dank, Old Pork, Mania, and a few others with such God-Like Wisdom.
    What a way to begin a guys organic grow...talk about information overload!!! DANNGG!

Since being off work since January I am on a budget so I mixed up a decent little soil:

MC Organic Soil
    Worm Castings
    Blood Meal
    Bone Meal
    Dolomite Lime
    Perilite
    Vermiculite

and I used Seabirg Guano to get the Nitrogen and Phosphorous rolling since I did not have time for the soil mix to set a while and cook.

Along about the first of July I found out there was a little Hydro Grow shop that opened up about 30 minutes away and went up to check it out. Seabirg Guano 2lb for like $6.60 and he had some Plant Success which is like a step down from the Great White miccorhizae made by the same company.

I had been reading about the Compost Tea and so I took some worm castings, Seabirg Guano and some Plant success and brewed it for 18 hours and split that 5 gallons between the 10 plants I had and diluted some for foilar spray and drenched all of them.

I should have left the Seabirg Guano out of that mix after reading up on some more of LD's info on the these tea's. It did do amazing things for my plants though, within an hour the leaves on my Vanilla Kush was so much more vibrant and the color was awesome, a darker green and you could just see how all the plants leaves were pointed to the sun sucking up all they could get.

The rest of the Plant Success I used as directed on the container. I said to add it by putting it in about 6" deep around the edges. So I split it up and added it to each of them. It was not a whole heck of a lot, like 2-3 teaspons per plant since I only had 4ozs to begin with. Thats all the guy had.

I have the Blueberry's and the Gspot pictured below in 5gal grow bags. I also bought some coarse coir when I was up at the Hydro Shop so I bought more MC Organic and mixed up more soil to transplant the Vanilla Kush and the Bubblicious and three Gspots needed to be moved because they were in a tight area and as the sun shifted I lost sunlight which really was affecting them.

The Vanilla Kush's new home was in an area where the soil was actually not too bad on the edge of the field. It was sloped down hill on this side of the field and just about 3 foot lower where I set the Gspots I hit sand stone at about 2 foot. It was coming out with the shovel as it was really soft stuff so I did not put the Kush in a bag. I figured this late in the game it would be better for this babe to have more room if needed and with a hold about 2 1/2 feet deep that soft rock was under there and I could water the shit out of this thing and would not have to worry about flooding it.

Here are pics of my 2 Blueberry's, a Gspot and the Strawberry Choke. You can see the Choke's stalk is bent pretty good there so I tied it up. I really wanted to just cut it right there but being this late I did not figure that would benefit me. I did not think it would have time to give me a better harvest without the top. I would like to know what some of you more experience folks think about that. Should I leave it or should I chop it at the bend? The main reason this one is not filled out more is because it was in that pot with a Jack Flash #5 that was supposed to be a Feminized and it was a male so I whacked it down. I wish I would have took picture of it bucause it was beautiful and I should have got some pollen from it and pollinated a bud on the Blueberry and the Vanilla Kush. That would have been interesting to see what they would have turned out like. Oh well. Next time

I gotta get my Stash hooked up with some sweet varieties for the upcoming football season. I'm a Mountaineers and Steelers Do or Die fan.
    I have dealt with severe chrionic pain for many years in my lower back, had surgery on the 5th lumbar 15 years ago and now the disc is degenerative and ruptured again. My left hip was fractured and pinned 28+ yrs ago and now the right knee is also close to needing replaced from favoring it all these years and the Methadone works still but the longer you use these meds the more tolerance and this is why I have decided to use me stash to help with pain when I am home. I just cannot go for disability yet because I want to make more money than what disability pays. I want to search for the most potent strains known to man so I hope to get some input on that from the GC community.

These are all of the 2 Blueberry

Ok I have a Security Token Missing Issue so being new I don't know what thats about. I will have to read up and either figure it out or contact admin.
    I will get em up sometime today

2. Cant see the pics..but anywho GOOOO EERRRRSSS

3. THe Blueberry Babes

Attached Files:

4. #4 randee, Aug 12, 2010
    This is the largest plant standing at 5 1/2 feet, the Gspot strain from Vancouver Island Seeds which I bought through KindSeeds. Their prices are high and they have a guarantee but when I tried to get replacements they added stipulations that were no where on their site and also the guarantee stated that you could pick other strains as long as they were the same price. When I asked about that the guy said "that would be crazy to let someone have two strains when you paid for only one". I was like then why does your guarantee state this, and he never answered. I had left them in water for like 7 days and only 2 cracked open and those did in the first 24 hrs.

They did finally send me more Gspots and five Jack Flash #5 Fems. The Jack Flash sprouted 2 out of five and termites ate probably the only female and the other was a male so I never got the chance to verify whether they were actually legit but I will not buy from them again I do not believe. Live and learn.
    One Gspot I budded early. After recieving the replacements 1st week of June, I germinated & sexed them & ended up with four females out of 5 I set one in darkness every day. My timing was a bit sparatic and even though the plant was healthy the bud did not turn out as nice as the picture but it is pretty good I must say. A real nice hashy taste, strong aroma too. I'll take a couple pics of the few nugs I have left today or tomorrow. I got about an ounce off it but sold most all of it because I needed the money. I have been out of the scene for years but I have a cousin who is a fellow grower I let him get rid of it and GOOD bud here goes for $115-$120 per qtr oz. I was glad to hear that.
    The last three pics are the Strawberry Choke Fem that was in with the Jack Flash male.

I went to the store yesterday and picked up some Cal-Mag and Botanicare Pro Bloom and some Rare Earth for Silicate. I had my heart set on Pura Vida Bloom but he was going to have to order it for next week delivery but my daughter knocked the Botanicare off the shelf and the lid broke, spilled, and being a small shop I did not want to be an ass and stick him with it so I bought that instead. It's probably not as good as the Pura Vida but thats the kind of guy I am. I would have bought both if I had the funds.

Hopefully tonight or in the morning I can get out and get pics of the other 4. I am anxious to get the new ferts on these girls.

Attached Files:

5. #5 randee, Aug 12, 2010
    I previously mentioned that the Strawberry Cough has a bent stem which split up the side about 1/2". You can see where the stalk has the bend in it.

Should I leave it as is? I was thinking it is a little late to top it right there but I would like to hear what some of you think about that. I want to do whatever will give me the most weight.

This plant is in the open and gets direct sunlight from 10am until 6-7pm. The PH is right at 7.0, Nitrogen is a bit above Medium which I know is probably a little high for now but 2 weeks ago it was really low (had yellowing and growth slowed so I tested) I hit it with Seabird Guano and still low so I fed again with Seabird and Neptunes Fish Hydrosilate then had to cut the male that was sucking up so much Nitro.
    The Phosphorus is a strong medium but the Potassium is barley showing on the scale so I baked some Potato peels (took a long time to get the ash) and added 2 teaspoons of Potato Peel Ashes (Thanks Mania for listing the info!!! Nice...) I could not find any recomendations on how much to put on so I wanted to be careful and not over due it. I figured I would wait a couple days and then test soil again.

6. #6 randee, Aug 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2010
    Here are the pics of the rest of the ladies in the family. the first pic is the GSpot that I had in another location that did not get the sun enough so I moved it the first of July and aside from I believe a Phosphorous deficiency she has steadily gained momentum. I will do a soil test in a couple days if she does not improve but I think now she will be fine.

The next two pics are Bubblicious (germinated 1st week in June) she is just starting to flower as of last week but there has not been much change in the flowers. Still growing and I think the Nitrogen has slowed the flowering a bit. I think she will have a nice big main cola bud.

The rest of the pics are of my favorite lady, The Vanilla Kush from Barney's
    I absolutely love this plant! It is so defined, stalky, beautiful color. When I look at it I think of a bodybuilder...LOL!!! Again she started flowering last week but not much change in that department but shes a growing and filling out. the lower branches have grown more and filled out.

I would like to see one of these in Old Porks "Sugar Spot"

Attached Files:

7. Super Crop em!

8. hey nice job buddy, welcome to GC by the way:wave:. Your plants are looking really good, how long u been growin?

9. I have never Super Cropped but would that be a good idea at this juncture? If so give me the steps please. My main concern is the Strawberry Cough with the bent stalk. I looke at her this morning and the stalk gapped open on one side so I was thinking of topping it there.

Thanks for the compliment Gardner. I am also lovin' your ingenuity and I may very well use that next year. I have a 5 1/2 acre lake that is just 1/4 mile away. I have complete run of the place since my brothers and I help keep it mowed.

I started about 15 years ago growing. About 4 years of non organic indoor/outdoor. The last 10 years really just lost the desire to smoke and have been spiritually growing. With my injuries from work etc... giving me more pain I have the desire to start back into a hobby that I absolutely love. I enjoy growing period, be it garden, my landscape, and of course the real joy is in me buds. Now into organic growing has just opened up so much more revelation of how to now harvest the kind of conissieur quality I have always wished for. I am so excited and very happy I stumbled on to GC... Some super folks here.

10. Nice plants Randee. They look great with such vibrant color!

11. Thanks CriTTer, I gotta give all the credit for the health of the plants to Organic Growing. I checked out you journal as well. Very nice bro.

12. Looking good man. I almost went with a couple blueberry this year, but I saved the beans for next years grow.

13. #13 randee, Aug 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2010
    Marijuana Strain Library - White Widow Marijuana Strain

Good Day Fellow Growers. I have been searching the web for information on all the Cannabis Training since CriTTer80 mentioned Super Cropping.

The Link above is to a Strains Library. I don't know a thing about the KGB outfit but from what I read in checking out some strains it seems that this gives you the Origin of each one along with some good information about what types of training the particualr strain works good with.

I know for myself up to this point, the creator of a strain is where you get the real deal. There are so many companies selling the same strains and if I am going to spend my time and money I want the Real Deal!!.

14. #14 randee, Aug 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2010
    Here some update pics of the Blueberry sisters. The close-up bud shots are blurry because the freakin' wind, I couldn't holdem' still.

I have leaves yellowing and falling off so I am going to have to take a soil test and see whats up. Actually every plant has leaves yellowing and I think maybe since I been termite paranoid I sprayed HEAVILY Neem Oil at the base of the stalk to repel the freakin' things and I am thinking since the only thing I have done is give them ferts they were low in meaning Potassium, the Neem is the only other thing I have done.

Aside from the few Yellow leaves they are growing growing growing.

Attached Files:

15. nice, blueberries looking goooood

16. #16 randee, Aug 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2010
    If you compare the above pictures to the first pics at the top of the journal you can see the 5-6 inches of gowth in the last 3 days. AMAZING!!!

The next two are the GSpot now at 6 feet and the Strawberry Cough that I topped. the bend in the plant had a gap that kept getting bigger and I thought it would be better to top it so I did not have continual stress on this girl. I think this will give me multiple colas. This 70% Sativa definitely has much skinnier leaves I think it will do amazing things in the next 4 weeks.

The GSpot and the Bubblicious both had a bud site that leaves were stuck together and I found a little green worm in there. Needless to say I pinched that off and destroyed the little fart. Then sprayed the shit out of them with Neem. The Bubblicious has really filled out compared to previous pics from a couple days ago.

Attached Files:

17. Well the last two are another Gspot that have some yellow leaves from pouring a little too much Neem oil on the stalk for fear of termites. Still growing and budding though.

My fav is the Vanilla Kush that has grown about 8 inches in the last 3 days. It is no less than 6 feet. I did not transplant in until July 25 or so and I planted in the same mix soil as the rest with extra bone and blood meal in the bottom of the hole as well as worm castings in the bottom too. I think being late transplant in fresh soil filled with nutes and them hitting with a tea then Cal-Mag, Pro Bloom, and Silica, this one is taking it all in and you can see how healthy it is.

Attached Files:

18. Ladies are lookin super healthy man, you shouldsa done more plants you have so much room :hello:

19. Thanks for the compliment.

I really began the grow just to have some variety medicinal buds since the meds I take for my back, hip and knee injuries just does not cut it all the time. I very much wish there was more now but oh well.

20. Attention!!

Please if there is anyone who can help me find seeds for Red Lebanese Hash Plant, I would be very very appreciative.
    I would like to ultimately find "Landrace" Red Lebanese Hash Plant, but any Lebanese Hash Plant strains will be great to acquire.
    From what I understand it is really tough to find but I have faith in the Grass City community.

Thanks