nova's guerrilla grow journal started 2010

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by NOVA, Apr 6, 2010.

1. #1 NOVA, Apr 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2010
    High everyone :)

Well as per usual I'm gunna start off a journal with some music and no pics :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmjXY1BDMEA]YouTube - Cypress Hill : Hits From The Bong[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e28MdKi20XU]YouTube - PASS THE MARIJUANA BY MYSTIC ROOTS[/ame]

Its 5 April, 2010!! the plan with this journal is to have it become a continuous outdoor journal being re-freshed every new outdoor grow.

Well as many may know last year started out slow but got kicking into HIGH gear once the rains stopped and the sun came out and I had some lovely ladies but was tragicly ripped the same night I was going out to chop. Sad story but nothing that will keep me from going all out again this year, just me this time and no partners. I learned the lesson the hard way that money and drugs change people and will make even a friend screw you if they can make a profit.

The plan for this season/genetics.
    I'm going to place a few plants far apart in a very large plot and hope the deer don't get them. But the majority of my plants I've decided on will go in a single VERY secure plot. The current idea is to run a loose SoG style grow with each strain having its over miniature SoG. The genetics to go in this year are (14)Rez Sd x Rez SD (seeds),(11) Rez SD x Blue Cheese (seeds), (4) Wonder Woman cuttings, and hopefully I'll be able to get together a few cuttings/seeds(Im looking at HGS Black Queen) from some other strains as my deadline slowly creeps on...I'll update with new genetics if/when they as certain.

Preparing the plot.
    Well I've been thinking long and hard with lots of research on a good way to go and keep it cheaper for me this year and I came up with a solution. I'm going to be getting either 2 bales of ProMix BX or 25sq.ft. of organic humus soil (prefered) and mixing them with the 172gallons of used FFOF soil from last grow. The soil from last grow was kept outdoors in the highly effective drainage buckets so all the nutrients are leached out and its more or less an inert soil medium. I will be making a 2' deep bed and filling it with sifted native soil and the soil mix I bring in.Ii will also be digging 4' deep holes for my watering tubes (will be discussed further down).

Still deciding on the feeding method/soil.
    I'm not sure if I will add dry soil amendments such as the FF Peace of Mind line to the soil while I'm mixing it together or if I will go with making teas this season. I've read up a lot on both and both are very plausible for the growing enviroment that I need this year which is; free and more secure/less maintenance. Either way I go Ph is no longer an issue so that saves me time which is key with security. If I go with the soil amendments all I need to do is add water or hope for regualar rain fall during the veg/early flower periods and light soil dressings as difficiencies occur. With teas I just have to water with the tea every other watering or every third watering depending on what each strain needs which may be a better bet to optimize what each strain whats/likes.

Watering System.
    My watering tecnique is similar to last years but 've added to it and optimized some ideas from a friend who I will remain nameless unless he doesn't mind. Well the holes in each SoG plot will be for PVC slow drip style watering tubes. the # and placement of these tubes will be finalized when I get the size of each mini-plot and # of plants within each mini-plot. Ideal would be to have 2 tubes around each plant but more practical there will be 3-4 on each edge and each one within the SoG will be split beween 2-3 plants roughly. Dig the hole for the plant and dig one side around 4' deep. Take a 2" diameter PVC tube @ 4ft long, drill (3) 1/16th-1/8th inch holes on each "side" of the pipe so 12 holes total at bottom of the pipe with last hole as close to the bottom as you can get, then 1-2ft from the top of the pipe drill again in the same manner. Place this pipe in the ground with it just barely above the surface, add soil around tube an compact until its solid but not rock hard (use your judgement) then fill in the hole with your soil and seed/clone/transplant. Then fill pipe with a nute solution and as the soil drys out the nute solution will drip out until the soil is moist enough, this will allow you to be away for longer periods of time...you should for the first couple of weeks check up every other day or so just to guage how quickly or slowly the nute solution drains from the tubing. I'll only be using this tecnique for hot periods and when I leave my local area for a few days to a week max. The plants spread out alone in the large field style plot will have their own PVC water tube for each plant.

The other method I'm employing is taking 2" tubing @10ft long and drilling holes on 3/4 of the sides from top to bottom and fixing a funnel (and pouring 5gal of water or tea into funnel slowly and letting it drip out the tubing, I'll have around (8) 5gallon jugs)to the end and capping the other end. This will act as a way for me to water all plants at a faster rate and allow me to inspect for bugs, remove leaves and check for powdery mildew/rot (during flower) and keep myself and the plot more secure by minimizing how often Im at the plot and how long I am there for. Oh yes and there is a crystal clear deep stream about 50m away so that will make watering MUCH easier!

Tomorrow late afternoon I think I'll get my arse out to the future plots and get some pics and make sure the floods from last week didn't wreck things out there too badly.

Hoping that this year is an El Nino and it stays nice and warm at nights my the beginning of May so I can get everything out there started by then.

So welcome and feel free to pull up a seat cause once this grow gets going everyone knows I'm a picture whore!!

2. Looking forward to this. I'm still looking for spots...LOL...

3. Thanks for stopping in brotha! I hope all goes well :) Learned plenty of lessons from last year so it wasn't a total bust :hello:

4. Sounds awesome Supa! I've been wanting to do some outdoor next year , this will be a great place for me to learn some things. :D thanks for the invite. :hello: :smoking:

5. Thanks for the invite bro. I am looking forward to watching you do your thing!!!! :hello: :hello: :hello:

6. Can't wait, dude!

7. im all settled in :D some great genetics you got there! :yummy:

8. looks like you got a good plan dude!

GL this year man :)

9. pullin' up a chair :smoke: :wave:

10. Since it's outdoors: I'm pulling up a tree trunk :D :p :wave:

Can I have the plots you don't use?:rolleyes:

SDude I have genetics for you. I'll bring tomarro.

11. Hay I'm new to this site how could I keep an eye on your jurnal

12. Sub'd!!

Can you post pics of your watering system? I want to learn some innovative watering techniques.

13. Go to thread tools and subscribe to the thread. Then check your usercp and see all your sub'd thread in one page.:D

14. I'll watch!

15. A big thanks to everyone thats coming through here and watching :)

Well I didn't take pics due to the fear that my camera cant swim and there was some questionable areas , but I made it to the plots and it looks like a flood came through them...oh wait thats right they were under 4ft of water last week lol But they are still usable...the water table is extremely high still so they are super soaked and water puddles were left in my foot prints o_O But Ive got some tools and Im going to start tilling up the soil and getting it loose and ready for when the water table lowers or when it gets closer to planting season. Waiting for the night time lows to be consistantly above 50*f before anything goes out to the plots. Hadn't thought of this earlier but if the water table is so high I might loosen the native soil an extra couple feet deeper than my amended soil so its loose for the roots to go down and hopefully hit the water and not need as frequent of waterings :)

After I checked the 2 main plots I found a neat little plot tucked away close by the stream as well and I might use this one but I just have to remove some tree branches and thin out some other branches to allow more direct light in.

I then went searching further down stream about a mile and 2 hours later but I came up with nothing....had a nice looking area from far away but when I got closer there were tons of fresh dirtnike tracks in the area so that was a no go. I still have a 1 or 2 VERY difficult to get to plots I found last year but didn't bother going to this year. Some of these plots I won't be putting much effort into them...just give them some water if its a hot dry week and thats about it...only the strong will survive in those plots.

We'll find some prospects of spots for you and see if they are a go or bust...you wouldn't like the drive to get to some of my plots lol and I'm thinking of expanding a couple more east towards the state line and possibly some 30 minutes north of me just to have a high probability of plants making it through the ripping season.

Damn bro you got genetics for me? Your too much!! Thanks brotha, I'll see ya tomorrow.

Yeah I'll see what I can do for ya bud...a picture makes it easier to see what I described for sure :)

16. I can't wait to see this journal grow.

Subscribed + rep brotha

-BH

17. Thanks dude! You got anything going for this season?

18. ...subscribed...

19. 10x better than last years :D

20. Well today was simply awsome!! Met up with some guys today and it was Xmas fo sho!! Made smoke doing around and I got some samples plus a nice addition to my genetics...about 40seeds of east coast sour diesel x west coast sour diesel, and 5 Roadrunners...figured the fast harvest will be better than nothing and I have a prime spot to plant them and forget them till harvest ish time and see what I get.
    Genetics so far:
    14 Rez sd x Rez sd
    13 Rez sd x blue cheese
    40ish ecsd x wcsd
    5 roadrunners
    4 wonder woman cuttings

Possible genetics:
    g-13 cuttings