OldPork's Pork-a-Palooza 2010!

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by OldPork, Apr 4, 2010.

1. #1 OldPork, Apr 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2010
    Easter Sunday and let the festivities begin! Long ago, before Christianity, the pagans celebrated "Ishtar" which is pronounced "Easter". It was a day that commemorated the resurrection of one of their gods that they called Tammuz, who was believed to be the only begotten son of the moon-goddess and the sun-god. Every year, on the first Sunday after the first full moon after the spring equinox, the men would plant the fields and a celebration was made. The women and children would dance and sing and the holiday was celebrated with rabbits and eggs. So it was in ancient Babylon.

First and foremost a warm welcome to all. Although I have been known to get a little ornery if instigated, I am basically a peaceful sort of fellow, a friend to all, and this is a no-hate thread. And please, I don’t wanna hear any shit about growing GHS seeds…I have had nothing but great luck with them.

After reviewing the extended forecast and seeing that the weather could not be better for an outdoor germination, I have succumbed to the temptation of beginning my grow very early this year…3 full weeks early. I pulled out the old Victorian lantern cloche, filled 11 solo cups with Promix-BX (my favorite grow medium) and mixed half a handful of worm castings in with each cup. It normally takes exactly one week for them to break the soil and I hope to see those lovely sprouts by April 11th. You’ll notice I did not fill the cups to the rim, leaving about an inch. Seedlings tend to be very spindly and this extra space allows me to add some soil mix later to support them. I grow only feminized seeds these days because my garden spot is limited in space and I don’t want to waste time on any males or have to worry about pulling them in time. Here’s what’s in those cups:

3 Barney’s Farm Sweet Tooth
    (Thanks Dank for sharing. Fabulous stuff. My preferred smoke. Like cotton candy at the carnival!)
    2 GHS White Widow (My old standby. I just love it when the snow fairy comes and dumps sugar all over the place)
    2 GHS White Rhino (Gotta see how this compares to the widow-similar parentage. Love white strains. White=Trichs=Stoned Pork)
    2 GHS Super Lemon Haze (The cannabis cup winner 2 years in a row? Please. How could I resist? My late finisher choice)
    2 GHS Himalaya Gold (Franco's personal suggestion for a monstrous outdoor yield...I ain't gonna argue with the master chef)

…I have spots for only 9 plants so I have 2 backups

As you can see, Tuesday and Wednesday will be very warm, approaching 90, and those temps are measured in the shade. This means that I risk roasting those seeds unless I move them into the shade which I will definitely do. Hence the carrying basket…so I can load those cups up and move them as necessary. I will put the removable top on the cloche in the evenings so that varmints will not be able to dig them up. The top is very heavy and even a coon can’t move it. I need to get a spray bottle out there filled with water to keep the soil moist. I also need to get some “Sluggo” to get rid of slugs because they are a major threat to new seedlings and will eat the cotyledons off a seedling and leave nothing but slime in their wake. Bastards.

So again welcome aboard all, glad you could come along. It’s gonna be a long haul this year. I can only hope Tammuz and the rest of the pot gods are smiling on Porksville…

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Awesome! Subscribed. Been waiting for this one to start...

3. I was wondering when u were going to start this up. Cant wait to see how this year comes turns out for ya.

Got my seeds germing in a plastic bag and paper towel. Going to have to go dig the grow lights out soon.

Happy Easter Old Pork...
    Bunga

4. Looks like I got a new pal, one that enjoys a fine looking ass. Welcome aboard sox.

5. #5 OldPork, Apr 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2010
    Seems great minds think alike. You know one of these years I'm gonna fuck up...but that year aint THIS year...NOT THIS YEAR BRO. It's amazing, the moment I sink those seeds something inside of me comes alive. We're gonna have a really good time this year...let the communion between man and plant begin!

6. Hell ya the moment I have been waiting for I'll be watching and soaking up your knowledge there ol P. Best of luck to ya

7. enthralled to watch your grow!

8. Will be great to sit back as it gets cold here and watch this grow!

9. Your OZ grow is one to be admired. Very nicely done and my hat's off to you. You deserve a nice rest. ;)

10. This looks like a lot of fun. Pulling up a chair, rolling one up, and putting on Discovery Channel's Life.

11. Thanks for the white widow info.Good luck on the grow,life and fishing !

12. Hell ya man...i felt something different this morning when i woke up(germed them yesterday). Had that feeling of excitement knowing this amazing process is starting over.:D

Now lets start praying for good weather! Which right now looks good but u know how mean of a bitch Mother Nature can be.

Peace
    Bunga

13. Bunga you couldn't be more right about mother nature throwing us some curve balls and, planting this early, I expect there will be some cold nights ahead...I already see they are changing the forecast a week from now to lows at night in the mid 30's. I have a old rusty iron basket perfect for moving them inside if I have to. But the week ahead should be perfect for popping them, warm sunny days, nice at night, and later in the week some spring rain and they should be up by this time next week...just in time for a cold snap. But if I can get a 3-week headstart, they'll be good and ripe by early September. Guess we got grow fever Bunga I am anxious to see if the Super Lemon Haze smells like lemons.:yummy:

14. Hey babe.

I actually just started my germination process today, also.

I do mine indoors in a grow-box for the first month, but with weather like this, go get 'em. I hope your grow starts off a little better this year as the weather seems a bit more favorable in '10 opposed to '09...

I will keep my eye on this. Your threads have always helped me in my own projects seeing as you know how to solve each problem a grower could face.

The way you brought those water-soaked ladies back to life last year with peroxide(or whatever the hell it was) is not only a testament to the genetics you use but even more so to your master skills at this art.

You are one of the best here, for sure... we all have a lot to learn.

Happy Easter...

Your friend,
    Liquor

15. Hey OldPork I've followed your grows on here since your 08 thread and have thoroughly enjoyed watching your plants explode! I'll be starting up my own outdoor thread this year with some Female Seeds White Widow x Big Bud. Wish you the best brother!

16. Thanks Midway, then you know the drill. Even though the spot and techniques will be the same this year, the strain selection is a little more diverse and of course one never knows whats in store from day to day. Enjoy glad to have you back.

Hey liquor. The peroxide trick is a good one as a last resort for delivering oxygen to plants that are suffocating due to root problems. I dont know man there are some cold nights ahead after this week so I need to be prepared for an emergency rescue!

I almost was busted late last night. As you know I like to fish for trout, but last night I decided to do some late night catfishing. Well the pond I like is located on an abandoned country farm, with no trespassing signs posted at the entrance and all over the property. Anyway I always have a little weed with me for fishing and as usual I burned one on the way to pond. Well I pull down in there close to midnight and next thing I see is some headlights already down there. So I approach and see it is a 4-wheeler with POLICE written across the front and I thought for sure the red lights would be flashing next, but instead we just slowly passed each other and he kept going and so did I...right outta there. No red lights and he did not turn around to follow. It is almost as if he didn't want anyone to know he was down there either...maybe he had a broad in the cop car because in any other circumstance I should have definitely been stopped. A very close call, but El Puerco is still on the loose. haha. Careful out there boys, shit happens when you least expect it!

17. sub'd, I love your grows.

18. Glad to have you starblazer. Is that your dog in your avatar?

19. Whoa! Did I miss anything? Wahoo for Pork-a-palooza! I always love a good festival--especially a ganja fest a la Pork. wow! You´re going to have some massive beasts this year pork. I have to tell you I had major problems with broken branches on the ST last year. I know you truss em up right, and once I started trussing them in the Pork fashion the problems stopped, but I would advise to perhaps do it a bit earlier with the sweettooth than normal.

Man I´m subbed like a philly cheese steak on steroids--with a side of pork. This is going to be...well...a pork-a-palooza! Let the festival begin...:hello::hello:

20. #20 alpharettatoker, Apr 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2010
    Long time no talk Pork good to see your back at it like always by the way hows the pup doin?

Lets get this show on the road:hello::smoking:

Trust me the HG's do get really big round where were at outdoors mine last year didn't even get to finsh(coons got it at early july) and she was 6ft'+ ina 10gal pot be prepared to stake her up good