Lowryder 2 autoflowering outdoor grow journal (pics from day 4 onwards)

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by dowierasta, Mar 22, 2010.

1. #1 dowierasta, Mar 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2010
    First ever outdoor grow (started seeds on the 18th)

3 feminized lowryder 2 seeds bought from a seed bank, 1 is having trouble germinating but im still hoping will add pics if it survives

60w cfl in small box lined with mylar (for the nursery stage)
    soil used throughout is regular garden soil slightly alkaline complete with worms mixed with all purpose compost and some nutes mixed in

Atm seedlings are under 24/7 lighting with a taste of sunlight and fresh outdoor air when i can to get em used to it

Will be transfered from nursery to Outdoor from the moment they are strong enough to take it
    These are supposed to be quite small plants but wanna know how big they can get outdoors

pictures are from day 4
    Soil has yet to be watered since initial drench when seeds where germinated

Attached Files:

2. I cant wait to see how they do outside.... I'll be growing some Easy Ryders later outdoors.

3. cant wait to see them fullsize outdoors

4. DAY 7 unfortunatly retarded girl isnt growing much at all cant figure out the problem

Attached Files:

5. looking good man....
    I'll be checking in every now and again if you don't mind. :wave:

6. yer man feel free thats what its for :) any ideas why the little 1 is so little?

7. Cool. I know that the LR2 has an amazingly fast tap root. Transplanting soon may be a good idea and get them out of the cups. Allow more room for the roots during the first few weeks helps alot.

As far as the smaller one, just genetics IMO. Or you could have buried it just a tad lower than the other seed, allowing the other to pop up first getting a head start...? You'll just have to wait and see I guess

8. LR2 outdoors, looking good! It'll be nice to see them grown outdoors, i've seen a good few indoors grows and to be fair there have been some impressive results with autoflowering strains!

Outdoors though, i reckon autoflowering just has to be the best for guerrilla grows!

I wonder what difference not having them on 20/4 will have though!

9. #9 dowierasta, Mar 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2010
    update; plants lookin a bit droppy today so gave them their first watering (day 8) sprayed 3-4 times each. Both root systems have filled plastic containers, not strong enough for outdoors yet so will have to pot up with richer soil tomorow.

10. #10 noboody, Mar 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2010
  11. #12 dowierasta, Mar 27, 2010
    Day 9 potting up day, last photos in starter cups. Note, the root balls fell apart when i tried to move plants, hopefully they will be ok. Also next time wait a few more days so the whole process is easier, drier soil and more roots

Attached Files:

12. ive been breeding lowryder 2 for about a year now and runts are very common, i remember my first 10 seeds had very different characteristics, but it must be hard to make enough uniform seeds to sell to the public without the ability to clone.

ive also found that gradually giving them bigger pots slows them down, idk if ur planting them in the ground but i like to start mine in at least 3 gal. grow bags and if u do you may want to invest in some perilite but thats me, do what you want

im tuning in man im currently making more seeds for a decent guerrilla grow this year with ryder2 and some non autos, its going to be a great summer, i cant wait to see your results

13. Kl man did you do an indoor or outdoor grow? I think il def be starting my next batch in larger pots, the ones i transplanted today are wilting bad, Have watered them a fair bit as i forgot to saturate new soil before transplant. Is there anything i cud do to help them recover?

14. #15 fuzz420, Mar 27, 2010
    its all been indoor until this season

this is after a transplant? theyre amazingly hearty little plants the only problem with them being upset is ur loosing days for growth

id personaly let them dry out real well, theyre over a week old now so they should be able to take it but in the mean time id roll the pot in ur hands to loosen up the soil as best you can because in my opinion your problem sounds like o2, its really important that they recieve a lot of o2 which is why i suggested adding a bunch of peritlite, you need to let ur soil dry out really well before you water again i like to give my plants as much dry time as wet time and the ryders definately enjoy it i let them dry out for much longer then my other strains and they never really seem unhappy the leaves always stay perfectly in place lol unlike my other strains which are constantly begging for this or that

and for next time this is especially important for starting them i put the germed seedlings in and use a spray bottle to lightly water them semi frequently while giving them enough dry time for the roots to spread and once the leaves reach the ouside of the pot, usually week 1 i give them a heavy watering to get the bottom of the pot wet enough to attract the roots then when i can pick it up and it weighs almost nothing i water it again and so on so i only end up watering like once a weekish and this is the same for in ground plants they need oxygen and deep waterings stimulate deeper stronger root growth

i hope this helps gl

edit: do you know the temp in ur box? u might want to get some fresh air flowing through there just for the plants sake but heat could also be a factor, they might be better off without the box with a fan on them because u prolly want to put them out at week 2 or 3 the latest and a fan would give them some stability and the mylar isnt rly necessary right now especially if theres an issue and on top of that its kind of a fire hazard lol i mean u dont have to listen to me but since ur asking my advice id take them out of there and put them by a window or hang ur light and put a fan on them and move it closer and closer untill they have little trunks theyre going to show sex at week 2(given theyre not too stressed or on 24 hour lighting) and by week 4 uve got little afros lol so id do my best to put them out at week 3 even if u have to fashion a little green house to do so then if i were u id try to scoop out the roots and add perilite

its not that i dont like ur grow box lol its rly cool and shows the ingenuity and mcguyverness needed to grow now a days but you need to make sure u have fresh air/ a fan(for solid growth), you need to make sure ur roots get air, you need to make sure ur temps and soil ph are within range and you need to make sure u have sufficient nutrients water and light after that anything goes but those things come first

lol gsus that was a hell of an edit gl man

15. #16 dowierasta, Mar 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2010
    Update day 10, recovering well from transplant they are now under 600w hps in open space. Mite introduce a fan soon as stems are quite thin

Attached Files:

16. SWEET! those look awesome man nice job! this is going to be sick! only 7 1/2 more weeks lol try not to sit and stare too long lol you'll never see any growth lol i try to go as long as i can without lookin at my girls lol but it only ends up being 6 hours or so lol

17. AMEN brother....!

Hey Dowierasta - the plants look good man. If your stems are thin, sometimes throwing an extra thin layer of soil on top will help support the stem. They broke ground and look good so you can't really do any damage to them by doing so. Be careful not to bring the soil too close to the first node. I do it with my young ones to help support that skinny stem until it thickens up. They dig it...

18. #19 dowierasta, Mar 30, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2010
    Update day 12, moved closer to light now.

Attached Files:

19. Nice ill be pulling up a chair to watch her grow 2!