Saleen's early season guerilla grow, 2nd outdoor grow. Pictures + Updates! =)

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by Saleen281, Feb 24, 2010.

1. #1 Saleen281, Feb 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2010
    ************BIG UPDATE - PAGE 3 PLZ READ***************** :)

Hey guys! Always a pleasure to post and chat with GC. Last time i posted it was about my first outdoor grow - 2 females planted in october/harvested in early feb, surprised i was able to harvest anything but florida's crazy! haha. :)
    Well it's almost that time of year and i'm thinking i can get away with an early start! I'm located in south florida and have been eyeing the 15 day forcasts, high 70's looking good! Recently exploring I've found a fantastic spot only 5 minutes away from my house driving, gets a little tougher with a 15 min trek on foot through the brush. Going with 10 fem'd Kaya Golds, i absolutely love this outdoor strain, they are robust in every way, love the heat, and have a smooth cerebral high. In this spot these babies are going to get sun most of the day, around 7-8 hours. I'm putting them right into the ground, digging nice size 15-18 gallon holes. I've decided to go with Miracle Grow garden soil for the main base, chosen over scotts and a few other brands. The nitrogen levels make it great to mix with the native soil. For the mix it's 70/30 (70% Miracle 30% native) For my partner and I (best friend) Carrying the soil to the location required 2 night missions around 1 a.m. (Mostly to cover carrying them from the car into the woods) This was BY FAR the hardest thing involved. Now.. the net weight on these 2CF bags is supposedly 40lbs, this must be the dry weight. Ours, from sitting outside in the garden center at Home depot, were very damp/wet making them ALOT heavier i would guesstimate at least 60lbs feeling like 80, thus turning 15 min walks into 30-45min physical battles. Only able to carry 1 bag each per run due to the terrain, with a total of 15 bags, made for 2 grueling nights. But we did it! Whew! :hello: Got out there yesterday and planted them, also will be putting some garden fencing around each one tonight.
    Also will be updating very frequently with pics, Tell me what you guys think!!

-Saleen
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Wow. Thats a good bit of digging you did there. But with that MG soil your still gonna need perlite to aerate the soil because that mg will get very compact which usually ain't a good thing. i did see that sandy soil and that may help a bit. just my 2cents. good luck.

3. Subscribed to see how this goes. I also live in south florida and have been curious to see how successful an outdoor grow can be.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Hey fire, yea the digging took all day, gives a good feeling thou to put in some good ol' fashion manual labor. Yes the sandy soil we mixed in was nice and light, and hopefully will help it from compacting and keep it aerated. Prob should have mixed in a little perlite, but we'll see how it goes! Thx for the thoughts! =D

5. #5 Saleen281, Feb 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2010
    Updates!!!! Day 3 since pop. Hey guys, set up all the garden fences, i think they blend into the surroundings very well. 8/10 seedlings poped looking great! Other 2 are about to pop it looks like. It was freaking 40 degrees last night!! Geez! They still look great thou, Check out the pics tell me what you think =)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. following this..good luck!!:wave:

7. Yikes! These 40 degree nights are freaking me out.. grrr. I may have started 2 weeks to soon, but going to make the best of it!!

8. Yea the weather down here has been having mood swings lately. Should be getting warmer in the next week or so though.

9. Pulling up a chair. I've been thinking of outdoor grows and this is a great place to start!! :)

10. #10 Saleen281, Mar 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2010
    Hey all! Day 6. After checking/watering the ladies today, they are doing great! Even after a few nights of 40+ degrees (75+ degrees day time.. Nights will warm up to 60+ in a few days) 9/10 are super happy! Ofcourse we have 1 straggler, it seems her roots started upwards instead of downwards, part of the root looked to be only 1/2" from the surface before growing back downward, and may have gotten to hot from the sun. Hopefully she'll pull through! Heres some pics of the progress :hello:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Oh and I was in for a little treat on my venture out today. A massive hawk type bird perched in a 70ft tree. I thought it was an eagle at first! Lol but im no bird expert!

[​IMG]

11. sorry man that's no bird, it's a secret government camera robot scoping out your grow!! :D

12. lol! funny shit poon! looks like a hawk... thought pigs used crows?

13. Subscribed to this one, looks good, keep it up.

14. Lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thx Five, i'm tryin!!!

15. Hey bro, been followin your grow. I wish you had sum more of them seeds to pass my way. I only had one good crypt seed and the rest all bag seeds from sum pretty fire mids. Only my crypt and one other bag seed germed out of 8. Let me know if you might even hav sum bag seeds from a good regs/mids bag im all out. Im very impressed with your girls they seem to be a very strong strain. My two plants are about 3 to 4 weeks old and just a lil bigger than yours id say by 1/2 in. They are growin slow because of the heat stress i put them through. I germed really early so i was afraid to plant them straight outside because of the pouring rain that we hav at times it sucks! But i should be moving my girls into my outdoor spot in about 2-3 more weeks. I wish my gf wasnt so lazy so i could finish my enclosure. I like the way yours turned out. I am usin regular chicken wire. You think you can go into a lil detail about how you made yours? Did you just bury in the ground a lil? Is there anythin supportin it down to keep from fallin over? I will start my own journal as soon as i get my girls in the woods. Cant wait! Hope we could meet up sometime and blaze it up. And mayb we could even trade sum buds at the end of all this. Im rootin for you man. Your grow looks to be much more sophisticated. :hello:

16. Oh also i have plenty of foxfarm organic soil nutes....what and when were u plannin on usin for your ferts?

17. Sup Tutor! Yea germing them early is def common when were so excited to grow! I did it about 2 weeks to early, but their tough i know they'll pull through! So about my garden fences.. They can be purchased at Lowes and they come in rolls. What i did was roll out around 5-6ft and cut them right down the middle from top to bottom. Coming in rolls from the store, they already want to make a circle, so i met up both ends and used needle nose pliers to twine the cut ends together. Look at the pictures very closely - you can see this part.
    And about securing the bottom, its identical to the top part - so picture the top of the fence when i describe this. All you need to do is snip the top strip of wire off all the way around the top - this leaves 3" wires sticking up which stick into the ground, securing it very nicely.

And about the nutes, I'll also be using foxfarm's grow big, tiger bloom, and big bloom. Grr still have to buy those -_-

-Saleen, PS - Going to try and take a few pics tom! :wave:

18. Yeah bro, those are exactly the nutes i have. Still have plenty, those small bottles go a long way. And i just realized i could have many more sensi star x durban poison as soon as i get my girl nice and big so i can get sum clones from her. I just went to my spot today and got my gf to help out. She dug out all my holes....i guess it was her work out for the week. lol Ill post pictures when i start my journal. My enclosure is a bit different tho. I like your idea tho but it just wouldnt work in my spot cuz i think there are wild hogs and deer and they smell fresh dirt. So they would easily knock over the fenced in area if i did it your way. But i like your fence and how it already comes green. How much is it per roll and how many feet per roll? Hope we could trade clones in the near future. I would love to try that kaya gold. I kno u would love the sensi star x D.P. it got me so lit...lol:bongin: Well i cant wait to see your updates tomorrow. Hope their doing great. Thinkin about startin my journal in about a week when i transplant my ladies to my spot. Take care dude's and good luck wit your grow.:smoke:

19. Following this thread man. You make me proud.

20. Updates!!!!! Day 11. Our last few nights of 40 degree weather are ending tonight, thank god!! Although the cold doesn't seem to affect these tough bunch of ladies!!! Even our straggler popped, making the grow 10/10 germed/popped/healthy yayyy!!!! Was so happy finding the last lady making her appearance today. Well here is a few pics, I think they look great, have very high hopes with this warm weather coming!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And our straggler, thought she was a goner, but her she is!

[​IMG]