2010 outdoor grow,organic,teas,and more.

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by maina, Jan 1, 2010.

1. Whell some may think its to early to start this but there is sooooooooo much to cover befor the first seeds hit the dirt,so lets start!
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZKexZlmuDw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZKexZlmuDw[/ame] this youtube video will show you what mycorhizae is about. Now there are many companys that sell it as spores.But the leader in it is this guy.[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeDR9ibOhaY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeDR9ibOhaY[/ame] what he has dune is come up with the best strains of fungi for this and he sells it in bulk to the big companys and they put there label on it and say its theres welcome to the USA!As the leader in mycorrhizal production & research, Mycorrhizal Applications, Inc. sells predominately wholesale quantities.

Mycorrhizal products are available at your local nursery. For gardens, grasses and flowers purchase products containing at least three species of Endo mycorrhizae (Glomus). For landscapes including trees make sure you products also contain Ecto mycorrhizae (Rhizopogon).

Some Mycorrhizal Products Available at Local Nurseries:
    • Plant Success
    • ROOTs
    • Kelloggs
    • Dr. Earth
    • Pennington Seed
    • E.B. Stone
    • Monrovia
    • Down to Earth
    • Garden-Ville
    • Fungi Perfecti
    • Fox Farm
    (Check specific products within these brands to make sure they have mycorrhizae on the label.)

To locate a distributor near you please contact us at 1-866-476-7800. To purchase retail sized packaging on the web, please choose from one of the recommended distributors listed below.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Now follow some of the links look around and we have along way to go.one more video to show how this fungi works in plant health.[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8DIWgrS5XA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8DIWgrS5XA[/ame] . Next compost tea.

1. Mycorrhizal fungi improve plant growth, reduce plant stress, and improve root protection.
    2. There is a dose response relationship to humic acids additions. Typically addition of 2 to 4 pounds of dry product, or 1 to 2 gallons of liquid product per acre are adequate to improve fungal growth. But, if there are toxic chemical residues to overcome, additional humics of fulvics may be needed. It is best to check periodically to see that colonization is improving as desired.
    3. Be aware that that most humic acid products contain 10 to 12% humic acids. If the product you are considering is less expensive, please check the concentration of humic acid. Half the concentration of the humic acid means they can drop the price, but your fungi get less benefit. Thats why the best is Humisolve 57% Humic acid 12% Fulvic Acid and thats at 1/4 teaspoon pergallon of water.
    4. Mycorrhizal fungi are needed by some plants, absolutely critical for other plants. Annual vegetables, flowers, grasses and row crops or broad acre crops need Mycorrhizal fungi.
    5. Now lets get the Mycorrihizal spores on the roots as early as we can so they will colonize the roots.And it is way cheaper doing it early.I will do mine just around the 3 nood and feading will start at the forth nood.
    6. What is to bad all the companys that cary this will tell you to add it to the roots later or many times and it is just to take your money dont do it. Adding it Early and get it on the roots and as the plants grow it will grow along with them.

2. This is the one I will use this grow season, from all my home work this is the best

[​IMG]

3. The plant on the left using Great White speaks for itself.
    [​IMG]

4. #5 maina, Jan 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2010
    Info from a grower that uses dirt.and tried this stuff.After this post it will be on humic and fulvic acid that I will use and why.I very seldom try to recomend certain products simply because I don't like the pissing contests that usually evolve when discussing these products and growers beliefs. However, about 4 months ago I started using Great White by Plant Revolution. It adds the premium Mycorrihizae to the soil. These are the beneficial bacteria & trichoderma that enables your plants to process the nutrients in a more efficient way.

I am not going to get into the "science" of these beasties. If you are intersted just google it and start reading. It will make your head swim.

After using mycorrhizae from clone to harvest, I saw my yields jump from an average of 40 grams of dry bud per plant to an average of 52 grams per plant! According to my math, thats a 30% increase in yields! My test were run on White Widow that I have been growing for over 1.5 years so I had a pretty good track record with that strain.

I am truely amazed at this improvement. I also know this is not earth shattering news. Actually, its pretty common knowledge. I just wanted to let everyone growing in soil know that they must incorporate this into their grows ASAP!

I have no idea how this works in other growing medium but in soil it will rock your grow like nothing else I have ver used. NOTHING has given me results like the mycorrhizae beasties did. I used moleasses (1 tablespoon per gallon) every other feeding in veg and flower. The moleasses feeds all those lil beasties which in turn takes care of your plants like nothing I have ever experienced. I added new beasties every 2 weeks to keep my colonies strong and vibrant. I even cut back from 25ml per gallion of my nutes because the beasties were providing more than enough nutes and I no longer needed the dose I was using.

Anyway, sorry for the long post and I also understand that this is common knowledge. However, I just wanted to pass along my experiences simply because if it helps make me a good grower, it can help anyone. Also on a side note I used Great White Mycorrhizae which is very expensive but the payoff is well worth it. I am sure others are just as good but my experience was with Great White.

Whats funny I just found this info and at first 3 moths ago i would have said no way hours of reaserch and yes its the shit.

(((The one big thing of all this is he saw a big change in the amount of bud he got from his plant BECOUSE the fungi is all over the roots it gets its food from the roots as carbon and inturn it feeds the plant PHOSPHORUS and that is what the plant needs when its developing FLOWERS.

5. Im finding the soil food web info by Elaiane R. Ingrahm is awsome alot of ifo on the break down of the soil and how it all works togeather she realy seems to be the leader in all of this.The one book is called soil biology primer it realy breaks things down so a person can understand it.it covers.
    The soil food web
    The food web and soil health
    Soil bacteria
    Soil fungi
    Soil protozoa
    Soil nematodes
    Soil arthropods
    Earth worms
    great info ,Elaiane Ingrahm also puts out the top book and info on compost tea.I have ben going over it some its ptitty deap book.But it gives you the break down of how the top people in this field are making compost tea.
    Welcome to my deap travel into the organic world!
    I just dont want to be another do this becouse,it seems nice to share some info and why.This will realy be a deap ride into the organic grow of weed:hello: .And how to.Im realy starting to under stand how the soil thind works.And hey its all on the net nice !

6. Hi maina.....I found your thread. I'll subscribe to keep updated on your progress. I like how your research is coming along...especially the humic/fulvic acid. Look into kelp too....it's some great stuff.

take care,
    chunk

7. Dude you have noo idea how much this helped a noob like me. Im going to check out the books. This was a great read and thank you for taking the time to post it.
    Peace,
    hatch

8. Info on fulvic acid humic acid.Fulvic acid is like eating candy to fungi they love it! Also for a foiler feeding its way up there kinda like liq. kelp and fish em.You can get most of what you need in your soil threw realy good compost.But this is some info on the stuff the best one I can find i will post it for all. In this issue we are going to talk about humic and fulvic acid and the role they play in the organic and horticultural market. Nowadays both humic and fulvic acids are being used by a lot of growers (organic as well as hydro growers) for their benefits. We hope you will enjoy this article and derive the necessary useful information from it.

Historic background of humic acids

What is Humic acid?
    Humic acid is that fraction of humic substances that is not soluble in water under acid condition (below pH 2) but soluble at a greater pH. It is the collective name for the acid radical found in humic matter.

Liquid humic acid is a suspension, based on potassium-humates, which can be applied successfully in many areas of plant production as a plant growth stimulant and soil conditioner. The origin: through extraction the potassium humates are isolated from leanardite and are dissolved in water. This produces an aqueous suspension with a high content of humic acids, potassium, iron and a large number of trace elements ready for uptake by plants.

The Role of Humic Acids
    Horticultural/Organic growers have recognized the value of regular additions of organic matter to the soil since prehistoric times. However, the chemistry and function of the organic matter has been a subject of controversy since men began their postulating about it in the I8th century. Until the time of Liebig, it was supposed that humus was used directly by plants, but after Liebig, it shows plant growth depends upon inorganic compounds. Many soil scientists hold the view that organic matter is useful for fertility only as it is broken down with the release of its constituent nutrient elements into inorganic forms.

At the present time most soil scientists hold a more moderate view and at least recognize that humus influences soil fertility through its effect on the water-holding capacity of the soil. Also, since plants have been shown to absorb and translocate the complex organic molecules of systemic insecticides, they can no longer discredit the idea that plants may be able to absorb the soluble forms of humus.

What can Humic substances/acids do?
    • Aid plant tissues requiring free oxygen for aerobic respiration, and thus provide metabolic energy to all higher plants.
    • Combine with sunlight and photosynthesis to furnish metabolic energy.
    • When used as a dilute solution for foliar spray, cause plants to experience a notable uptake of oxygen, thus increasing plant growth.
    • Not only assist plant respiration, but also increase the production and productivity of microorganisms.
    • Assist plant respiration; they can serve as hydrogen acceptors for various plant root storage tissue.
    • Produce energy involving photosynthesis, enhancing this process which includes the biochemical manufacture of complex organic materials, especially carbohydrates from carbon dioxide, water, trace minerals, and inorganic salts, along with sunlight energy for chlorophyll production.
    • Increase the chlorophyll content in plant leaves when the plant is provided with root nutrient or foliar spray.
    • Directly influence the development of enzymes and the net enzyme synthesis.
    • Contain auxins; auxins are involved in the chelating of iron for the plant, improving growth, health, and nutrient intensity of the plant, especially the development of the root system of the plant.

What is fulvic acid?
    Fulvic Acid is the most plant-active of the Humic Acid compounds, offering physical, chemical and biological benefits. Natural buffering, chelating and extremely high ion-exchange properties make mineral elements easier for plants to absorb. This results in increased plant vitality, resistance to environmental stress and improved crop quality and yields.

Benefits of fulvic acids:
    Fulvic acid is especially active in dissolving minerals and metals when solutions are in water. The metallic minerals simply dissolve into ionic form, and disappear into the fulvic structure becoming bio-chemically reactive and mobile. The fulvic acid actually transforms these minerals and metals into elaborate fulvic acid molecular complexes that have vastly different characteristics from their previous metallic mineral form. Fulvic acid is nature's way of "chelating" metallic minerals, turning them into readily absorbable bio-available form. Fulvic acid also has the unique ability to weather and dissolve silica that it comes in contact with.

Fulvic acid enhances the availability of nutrients and makes them more readily absorbable, allowing minerals to regenerate and prolong time of essential nutrients. It prepares minerals to react with cells and allows minerals to inter-react with one another, breaking them down into the simplest ionic form, chelated by the fulvic acid electrolytes.

Fulvic acid readily complexes with minerals and metals, making them available to plant roots and easily absorbable through cell walls. It makes minerals such as iron, which are not usually very mobile, easily transported through plant structures. Fulvic acids dissolve and transpose vitamins, coenzymes, auxins, hormones, and natural antibiotics that are generally found throughout the soil, making them available.

These substances are effective in stimulating even more vigorous and healthy growth, producing certain bacteria, fungi, and actinomyceles in decomposing vegetation in the soil. It has been determined that all known vitamins can be present in healthy soil.

Plants manufacture many of their own vitamins, yet these from the soil further supplement the plant. Upon ingestion, animals and humans easily absorb these nutrients, due to the fact that they are in the perfect natural plant form as nature intended. Fulvic acid can often transport many times its weight in dissolved mineral elements.

Fulvic acid complexes have the ability to bio-react with one another, and also inter-react with cells to synthesize or transmute new mineral compounds. The transmutation of vegetal silica and magnesium to form calcium in animal and human bones is a typical example of new synthesis of minerals.

Fulvic acid has the ability to store complex vitamins in its structure, where they are presented to the cell in combination with complexed minerals. In this perfect, natural condition, they can be catalysed and utilized by the cell. In the absence of adequate trace minerals, vitamins are unable to perform their proper function.

It is apparent that there is very little that man-made intervention can do to aid or detract from Mother Nature's complexities. We are of an age where profit and abundance may be the foremost motivation for farming of many plants, yet if you take the view that if it is not broke, do not fix it, you can see that everything is there for success in growing, all that is needed is the natural resources, a little faith and allowing the natural elements to do their magic. We can see the results still, as our ancestors did, maybe without the odd sacrifice of a cow, but the future is actually in our past in this respect. There is nothing scientists can do that will make better what is already a perfect blend once all the elements are present.

Thsi does not mean this is the best stuff ,just from spending alot of time and phone calls this is what I came up with www.bioag.com Fulpower Liq. Fulvic. and HumisolveUSA there is alot of info on there stuff alot of big companys out west use there stuff in compost tea and in there soil mix and foiler feeding.I will also be using it also.

9. Now the kelp info What you want is Ascophyllum Nodosum .Info
    Kelp is any of a variety of large, brown seaweeds that grow underwater and on rocky shores. Kelps are found in cold waters throughout the world.
    Kelps vary widely in size and form. One type of kelp, called giant kelp, may have hundreds of branches, each of which has hundreds of leaves. Giant kelp may reach over 200 feet in length and will create entire forests of kelp. Other kelp consists of only a single branch and may be less than 3 feet long. But what they all share is that it is hard to tell the stems from the leaves.
    The role of kelp in agriculture dates back thousands of years, and has been an integral part of coastal farming. It can be said with honesty that kelp is the most effective additive next to quality fertilizer.
    The kelp that has the most importance for our needs is a kelp that grows in the cold Canadian waters of the Atlantic Ocean, it is called Ascophyllum Nodosum. There are many kelps that have great benefits for agriculture but this particular kelp has the gold medal.
    Ascophyllum is harvested by collecting from either the rocky shores or using a type of dredge or seine to catch it. It is then washed with fresh water to rid it of excess sea salt and then it is dried and powdered. It is very important that they harvest it at just the right time to ensure that the cytokinin levels are at their peak (cytokinins are growth hormones responsible for cell division in plants).
    Kelp contains many wonderful things such as over 70 minerals and trace elements, growth hormones, vitamins, enzymes, and proteins.
    It has been proven that kelp or what is in kelp can accelerate growth, increase fruiting and flowering, provide resistance to disease, insects and frost. There are a couple of things that are important in regards to the benefits of kelp and how they work. The first one is all of the trace elements and minerals which are aided by a carbohydrate mannitol that chelates or makes available certain minerals. One of the problems of modern farming is enabling the plant to take up all of the nutrients to complete a healthy life cycle. Chelates are very important in allowing plants to take up certain essential elements. What researchers have discovered is that with so many trace elements and minerals as well as vitamins and enzymes not to mention growth hormones, kelp aids in building and or supporting the plants natural immune system. If you can keep a plants immune system high it will have the ability to resist disease, insects, frost, and drought.
    The second important and perhaps the most important aspect of kelp is the growth hormones. Kelp contains ample quantities of auxins, gibberellins, and cytokinins. All growth hormones play a part in how a plant functions, and are more accurately called growth regulators. Kelp has very high amounts of a particular hormone, cytokinin. Cytokinins are responsible for cell division, cell enlargement, differentiation of cells, development of chloroplasts as well as a delay in aging.
    When kelp is used regularly you will notice that the overall health of the plant will increase and that when applied at certain times major growth will occur.
    There are many ways to use kelp with foliar spraying being the most effective. You can improve specific growth stages by applying kelp with a specific response in mind. For example, if your tomatoes or peas are starting to bud, you can apply kelp to promote additional buds. If you require more root growth then you would apply it to the root zone after transplanting. Cytokinins respond within what ever stage that the plant is in. Spray in vegetative then you will experience more vegetative growth, spray in flower then you will experience more flowering etc.
    There are several forms that kelp comes in and some forms offer more benefits than others. Granular kelp is often mixed in with other fertilizers and doesn't contain as high concentrations of cytokinins as liquid concentrate. If you are looking to supplement your present fertilizer regime then you would probably add powdered kelp. If however you are trying to promote more flowering or budding sites then you would use a concentrated liquid kelp product such as Growth Max or Growth Plus which both have a cytokinin level of 400 ppm.
    Foliar spraying is the most effective way of applying kelp, since leaves are up to 8 times more efficient in taking in of nutrients than through the root system. When foliar spraying try to apply in the early morning when the plant is the most active and the stomata are open to their fullest, avoid spraying before it rains, use high quality water with a pH of 6.0, and any foliar spray benefits from a non ionic wetting agent such as Mega Wet.
    In conclusion, kelp can help germinate seeds quicker, improve taking of cuttings, encourage rooting, build immunity, add more color and flavor, give a longer shelf life, produce more and larger buds and flowers, counter any nutrient deficiencies, and fight off insects and disease. Kelp is truly mother natures gift to the modern garden. From what im seeing im going with seacrop 16 plant growth regulater it has the highst cytokinin at 400 ppm its a liq. for foiler spraying and sealife kelp meal for soil all at www.noamkelp.com enjoy!

10. Im going to try working this into this grow ,a Plant sap analisis
    tools
    Brix Meter
    Cardy twin PH meter
    Cardy twin EC meter
    checker soil PH meter

11. Is it okay to mix this with other nutrients? during veg I plan on giving them 2 teaspoons of some fox farm grow big nutrients per gallon of water. So I just mix this other stuff in with it also?

12. AAHHH mix what ?

13. The Great white shit haha

14. It needs to be touching the roots the sooner the better.like the first time you transplant spray thhe roots with water and dust them with great white then plant into buger pot in more soil.Im going to try dong it when I place the seeds in the peat pellets.Also give them a good feeding of fulvic acid and liq,kelp that should jump start them into taking of.

15. Oh so you dont mix it into there watering?

16. I know it says to mix with water and pour but I raly want mine stuck to the roots.What doesnt stike to the roots and takes of dies.I will add it straight to the seed after it cracks and then into a mix of compost and worm poo .thats what the scientist said to do so thats what im going to do.Good luck.

17. My soil mix is
    30 gallon batches
    9 gallons perilte
    6 gallons worm poo
    16 gallons compost
    1 cup sea bird poo
    1 cup high P bat poo
    1 cup kelp meal
    1 1/2 cups azimite
    1 cup powderd dolimite lime
    1/2 cup potash
    mix in trash can add 1 gallon water mix let cook 1 month then add compost tea to mix let set 1 week and tada

18. Sounds like a solid mix.
    And is straight potash organic, I bought some for the K because my local shop didn't have any kelp and I wasn't sure if it was or not.

19. yes some kinds are organic but it will say so.and you can run a little hoter on the mix like 1 3/4 cups on the shits. kelp does have some low K .Try adding some green sand K aslo.I was thinking of adding green sand and gla. rock dust also.That will just about round the mix.WAs also thinking of swiching to bone char 0-16-0 .