SuPa NoVa's 1st Outdoor Guerrilla Grow*PICS NOW!!*

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by NOVA, Apr 14, 2009.

1. #1 NOVA, Apr 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2009
    HiGh guys & gals of GC I'd like to thank you for stopping by, and lending encouragement, or advice! Like the title states this is my first outdoor crop, and its guerrilla style!

To start off Im going 100% organic no chemicals...Ive helped with a few indoor grows that were liquid chemical based, and i want to see the difference.

To start things off I found 3 remote sites that have dense amounts of low shrubs/thorn bushes everywhere, and enough large trees to keep them hidden. There is only 1 true way into the spots with a very steep hillside/cliff on 2 sides, and such dense vegitation that I couldn't see my red markers from more then 100ft away...and thats without leaves! The spoits I have I picked because they get great morning/aftyernoon direct sun with indirect sun late into the evening (southish facing slope). I will post pics tomorrow once I make the treck back out to start prepping.

The Magic Beans:
    (10) Sour P (Hash Plant #13 x Sour Diesel) Feminized
    (10) Durban Poison
    (5) Thai Super Skunk (free)
    (1) Skunk #1 feminized (free)
    (1) PPP feminized (free)
    (1) Super Skunk feminized (free)

Im not sure if the Thai will make it into this season due to its long flower period cause first frost can be early as October :(...unless I can shorten it up by placing black garbage bags completely over them once 12hours of light is reached...anyones insite into this would be helpful, or anyway of forcing outdoor crops into flowering sooner?

The Plan:
    I plan on germinating (5) Sour P's, (7) Durban's, Skunk #1, Super Skunk, PPP, and 2 Thai Super Skunks (if I am able to force flower them). Im not germinating all the seeds because if something goes wrong :)() with this experience Ill have some beans for the next grow. I am going with all organics from Fox Farms, 2-gal. (possibly larger 3-gal. if my buddy has them) plastic pots filled with FF "Ocean Forest", and mixed with FF "Peace of Mind"(3-4-3). I will be multching the native soils with a few bales of FF "Happy Frog" Soil Conditioner. Its a treck to my sites, but I need a good work out! So Ill be trecking water up to the sites during weeks that its not supose to rain. Ill be adding FF "Tiger Bloom" (2-8-4) for flowering, and FF "Grow Big" (6-4-4) during vegatative growth. In the next 2-3 weeks I'll be going, and picking all the soils up, and hopefully by the second week of May my seeds will be arriving!! Also once good root growth has maxed out withing the containers I plant to remove the bottoms to allow the roots to grow into the rich native/"Happy Frog" soil mixture. I have plenty of boulders, and trees to make use of LST , and keeping very dense bud ladden branches from breaking :)

Security:
    Well I am clearing the openings of my sites, and loading up the area surrounding the sites with lots of thorn bushes (even though there are already loads) as to keep mainly deer from nippling, and keep anyone from stumbling on to my garden. The steep hillside (and the fact that there is a high volume road down at the bottom about 200yards away will keep people from coming that direction).

So yeah sorry for the long post, and no pic's, but I promise high quality pic's will be up tomorrow night with "the before", "the progress", and eventually "the after".
    I would love any idea's or advice from growers with outdoor experience in the N.E. of the US.

Thanks again for stopping by!

2. Yo Supa Nova! Looks like you'll have a good amount of plants going, rock on :metal:
    Ill be watching for some pics, good luck!

3. Cant wait to see

4. hey man good luck! thinking about doing an outdoor grow myself, been hunting for a suitable spot for 2 weeks now, hopefully i'll have my seeds soon. best of luck, i'm pulling up a seat!

5. Good luck SupaNova. Welcome aboard!

6. Thanks all! Yeah finding "that" perfect spot is hard...I found these last year, and I sorta remembered them this year...took a few miles of hiking to remember where they were (because all the prickers, and thorn bushes keep you to walking certain paths lol!

And anyone thats questioning the paths...there are a maze of paths through the woods (from deer), but these spots have about 10' worth of thick thorn bushes, and those are about 4'tall, and Im adding fishing line with the possibility of chicken wire fencing at the edges of the pricker bushes...Off to the sites once I go grab a pair of loppers (sp?), branch snips, and an axe...not sure if I want the noise of the chainsaw...My GF will be here in a few minutes so I gotta go shower, and then we will be heading out!

7. #7 NOVA, Apr 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2009
    Okay guys as I promised. I got a lot of "before" pics/a few videos, and a bunch of "after" pics/video.

Before:
    Walking out to the site down "The Main Trail"
    [​IMG]
    Site 3 "B": South Side
    [​IMG]
    Site 3 "B": North Side
    [​IMG]
    Site 3 "A": North Side
    [​IMG]
    Site 2: West
    [​IMG]
    Site 2: Looking towards Site 3 "A"
    [​IMG]
    Site 2:Large limb needs clearing
    [​IMG]
    Site 2: Loads of prickers/low bushes
    [​IMG]
    Site 2: Looking East...the hill is where the sun rises from
    Site 1: West
    [​IMG]
    Site 1: East
    [​IMG]

After:

Site 1: Cleared out
    [​IMG]
    Site 1: West
    [​IMG]
    Site 2: Cleared Out Westward
    [​IMG]
    Site 2 to Site 1
    [​IMG]
    Site 2:
    [​IMG]
    Site 3 "B": YEESSSS!!!!!
    [​IMG]

A nice $300 check from the State to pay for my soil...thanks for funding me growing MJ!
    [​IMG]

8. #8 NOVA, Apr 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2009
    Removed...

9. Probably not such a great idea to show your face.

10. might want to watch putting your gf's face in here too...some good spots you have though, good luck! i'm interested to see how your crop will grow at site 3 "b" with all of those rocks and moss there.

11. In most areas at that site it has 4-5" deep soil (black/dark brown). But I will be bringing in FF Happy Frog soil to suppliment the native soil with. My plan is to grow the plants initially in 2-gallon black pots (cover it with burlap to keep the roots from over heating), and place stones in a 3' diameter circle around the plants then fill that circle with the mixture of native & Happy Frog soils then once I feel its time Im going to cut the bottom of the containers off, and let the roots grow into that soil. yeah the spots aren't bad, and Im very happy with them because they are hard to get to, and they have PLENTY of sun this summer they should be getting around 10hours of direct light...probably wind up pretty tall since the Durban is 100% Sativa, and most are sativa dominant.

Thanks for everyones concern about the faces...but we're not too worried (but Im in the process of twisting them) due to the fact my IP address that shows isn't my IP address. My information is pretty well guarded so it wouldn't trace back to my house ect...

12. Hey all. Well update for 4/16.

well we will have a few more strains coming in to fill Site 1 most likely. A close friend should be germinating some WW, and Gran Daddy Kush seeds, and starting them indoors until it gets a bit warmer then we will be transfering them to Sites 1 & 2. I also am going to set-up Site 1 as the site for all the plants to start at until 2 weeks old, because it gets the most indirect sun light, and I don't want my babies frying in the intense sun.
    Also on an added note I forget if I mentioned it but Ill be picking up all my FF soils, and FF liquid nutrients next weekend. I have 3 huge checks this week, and 2 big ones next week so Ill have plenty for the soil/nuts, and to pay my bills...:hello::smoke:

Also I would love it if someone could chime in as to an effective way to force a plant into flowering while outdoors. I was thinking Xtra large black doubled up garbage bags once 12hours hits, and keep them on all night...but I don't want bud rot occuring obviously...so maybe something else? Or it can't be done?

Thanks for any help guys.

Peace and talk to you soon.

13. hey super nova.....

just some advice, be VERY carefull of that spot, their are houses across the river from you and i can promise if they see some kid over their every few days dragging water up the hill , their going to start paying attention. please dont take this wrong but, bringing a girl to your spot is the worst thing you can do.. i know she will never tell, you trust her/whatever.. but females are another story boss, and you can lose it all from simple things like that. i wouldnt even tell her you had that plan (or anyone else to be honest) untill you had those cut and drying. those spots look pretty wide open and easy to spot ..anything flying over is going to see those lush green plants, and think.....;)ohhhh yea!

please dont take this advice as being rude, im just being real with you, from an older point of view :smoke:

14. nice looking spot, be careful of the nieghbors. ur girly is pretty cute too hahaha

15. This is looking good so far bro, good luck... ill be watchin :D

16. #16 NOVA, Apr 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2009
    Thanks brah! Naaa its good advice, but I found this spot last summer, and when leaves are on the bushes, and trees you cant see shit in those spots lol. Haha its my GF, and she knows better then to say anything because she knows what happens when people cross me over these things...but she also wants to learn to grow, Only a very close friend knows that Im growing (and you guys of GC), but he doesn't know where I told him I was doing it in the northern corner of the state by one of my parents' houses. The only reason why he knows is that we are good friends, and he wants me to put some seeds out there for him to, and take care of it...Im of course taking 25% of his crop as payment lol

But thanks for the warning brah!

Yeah guys keep an eye...or two out cause this should be a good one. Im very interested to see how well they grow with the FF organics. I figure since its organic it won't need much of a flush (just to get rid of the nitrogen) because there won't be a chemy taste.

17. Hey there Nova,
    Your spots are looking great. I hope you have a great season!

One thing I am wondering: Are you growing in pots? I hope you are because that looks like one hell of a rock youre growing on top of.

18. Thanks for the luck CB! Well Im growing the plants in 2 gallon pots filled with FF Ocean Forest, and Im working 3' diameter circles with rich native soil, and FF Happy Frog soil( about 8" deep) so that when I cut the bottoms of the buckets off the roots have space to grow to.

Ive never grown outdoors before and since my spots will be getting close to 16+hours of direct sun the black pots might get too warm...would burlap sacks placed around the pots help any? Or might the hide too many problems such as bugs, mold, ect.?

Well I just went out to the plots, and there is zero signs of activity at the sites because I placed many strategic sticks on my way out last time to judge activity, and zero animal imprints as well.

On a side note my bank is totally screwing me! I ordered the seeds, and my bank put a hold on the payment to the seed bank due to "suspisious" spending...but I have like 3 different passwprds to crack before anything can even be bought online with my card so its like WTF! Since they help my payment for a week without informing me the seed bank canceled my order...but when I went to re-order the same seeds because its all worked out I realized my bank saved me from being sad...the Durban Poison seeds I ordered weren't 100% Sativa...they had been crossed with Skunk #1...so I re-ordered 10 fem. Sour P seeds, 10 fem. Durban Poison 100% Sativa, got 5 free thai Super Skunks, 1 free Super Skunk fem., 1 free Skunk #1 fem., 1 free PPP fem., and now 1 free Pure Gold fem. seed. So there is a silver lining guys lol...seeds should be cutting it close at the max, but should get here well before I want to germinate!

19. Sounds like a good plan I personally would never grow that close to a city on the scale you plan on for numerous reasons but other then that the plan sounds good! Stay safe and good luck!

20. Thanks Mrs. Lots...what can I say I could give a fuck less what the laws say! lol Plus like CB has said what planes are looking for grows in the city (CB said January...but same shit lol) And trust me if my family had moved to Italy like they planned (but the economy killed the idea of selling our buisness') and left me to care for the houses Id have a monster indoor DWC grow goin' down...but we can't all have it perfect lol

I dunno if thats you in your avatar but you look just like this girl Haley I know...weird lol

But your in Russia so you couldn't be her!! lol

OKay guys its confirmed! My seed order is being procedded tomorrow, and I have some magical beans for this season...can't wait for my Hemp backpack too! And I should be heading out next weekend to pick up 3 bags of FF Ocean Forest, a few bales of FF Happy Frog, and FF Grow Big liquid fertz, and FF Tiger Bloom liquid fertz.

FF recommends to add Big Bloom liquid fertz. in conjuction with tiger Bloom as well...its my first time using these so I feel like a noob lol. If anyone knows if Tiger Bloom will be great on its own as nutrients during flowering let me know!

Thanks.

Oh yeah while I was out at the sites I decided that Im picking up 3' high chicken wire fencing with some wooden stakes to keep small animals out, the prickers should handle deer, and such. Im also picking up those twisty stakes used for dogs so I can practice LSTing a few plants at each site to see if it helped or hurt...and just for knowledge! Im getting those because I'll be using live trees in some areas, and most areas are too rocky to have 6 or 7 stakes going around each plant so 4 stakes for 3 plants, and just have many strings going to each stake.

I was down today knowing that my seeds weren't on there way to me, but now Im happy again!!!