Grandma Gudenhi's Garden `09

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by Grandma Gudenhi, Apr 5, 2009.

1. We started some seeds about a month ago. We usually grow from clones but our local stores have started selling seeds. I was very jazzed about using seeds. We haven't grown from seeds in many years. Now I'm hoping we made the right choice. About half the seeds didn't even germinate.
    Anyway, we are going to go 12/12 with the lights for a few weeks. This way we can sex them and get rid of the males before they even go in the ground. Also, if there isn't enough females, or if I'm not satisfied with what we have, I will still have time to get some clones. We only grow 12 plants but I want them to be good ones.
    The strains I have going are G13/Hash Plant, 4 Kali Brains and just one Grand Daddy Purple/Romulan. Like I said, I'm very disappointed with the seeds. However, about all of the G13 are turning out great and they have some major fat leaves.

Attached Files:

2. nice plants man my plants just over a month old too.
    +Rep :smoke:

3. Puffpuffere: this is gonna be another huge one!:hello:

4. #4 get_a-fix, Apr 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2009
    Hi Grandma,

Alot of posts iv read have sold out on the G13 labs. I think there quite ok. Good luck and the green in them photos is awesome.

5. Ohh... Its on now!

6. Sound like some tasty varieties...Grow big or Grow home!

7. Those babies look real good :d

8. #8 Grandma Gudenhi, Apr 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2009
    Finally it's warm enough to put the babies outside for the day. We had them outside about a month ago and I think it was too cold. They have looked a little funny ever since.
    Anyway, they're doing good. They've been on a 12/12 for almost 2 weeks and are not showing sex yet. It won't be time to put them in the ground for a few more weeks so no rush. I only plant 12 plants so I don't want to waste space on males.

Attached Files:

9. Looking beautiful Babushka! (Grandma in Russian) Did me and Mr. Lots see this thread on another forum as well? or is the only place you have posted? Nice to see the babys growing in the natureal sun....Stay Safe we are tuned in!

-Mrs. Lots

10. I'll be here to watch.

11. I finally figured out how to get full sized pics on here so I had to try it.
    This is a Lavender bud from last season.

[​IMG]

12. :wave::smoking: HAPPY 420 ALL :hello:

Our curing jars are full of trichs. We're cleaning them with Bacardi 151 and making tincture. Hopefully it will be strong enough that it will only take a little. I don't want to have to get drunk just to get the buzz.

[​IMG]

13. ahah, thats awsome! happy 420 grandma!

14. #14 Grandma Gudenhi, Apr 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2009
    We've had them on 12/12 for about 3 weeks. We only plant 12 plants so I like to sex them early so I only plant females. It looks like most will be female. I found 3 males. Males show first so I'm hoping that's all of them. We have like 16 good ones. That would be awesome if they were all females. If so, I will probably pass on a few to other patients and get a few clones just for variety.

A female just starting to show. G13/Hash Plant
    [​IMG]

Another female. Kali Brains. They sure look an awful lot alike. Hope I didn't mismark something??? lol
    [​IMG]

Male, gotta go. Kali Brains
    [​IMG]

Babies at about 6 weeks.
    [​IMG]

15. Looking good there man! You think you will out yield your 08 crop?

16. Now i know what i want for Christmas and no it is'nt bacardi.:D

Beautiful plants,keep us updated.

17. Looks great man. You'll get drunk no matter what drinkin that 151... :eek:

Shit puts me on my ass.

18. #18 Grandma Gudenhi, Apr 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2009
    So I just took my first shot of the 151 tincture. Actually, it was only a teaspoon, not a full shot. I don't like ODing on edibles. Believe me, there is such a thing as being too high, and I don't like it. We gave a 1/4oz shot to our neighbor the other day. He said he was buzzed for hours but he really didn't give us much info. My b/f is going to take a 1/2oz, which is about 5 times what I just took! I'll try to give an update in a few hours if I'm home.

Tincture update-B/f actually only took a little more then 3 times what I did. I got a bit of a head change from the tsp I took. Didn't really feel it too much but didn't feel the need to smoke. B/f got very good high. Not over high, just right high. Very smiley. Didn't need to smoke at all. He took it about 8am. Felt it in about an hour. Gone about 2pm. Five hour happy high.......nice. I've always said, ingesting reminds me of mesculine, my very favorite drug of the past.

I really hope so.
    I've been growing outdoors for well over 10 years. Every year I give them more room and every year they've grown bigger. It didn't matter if they were seeds or clones. However, the last time I've used any seeds was about 4 years ago. My plants were still all under 2 pounds at that time. I would think seeds are just as capable as making 3-5 pounders as the clones were last year? They will be grown in the same size plot so they should get just as big. I hope so.

THANKS FOR THE COMMENTS AND GOOD WISHES EVERYONE

19. We've finished sexing them. There was only one more male so thats good. We are going to keep 9 from the seeds we grew. I like variety so I will get rid of the rest and buy 3 clones so we will have 12 total.
    The ones we're keeping are:
    3 Skunks (I forgot to mention we also had Skunk)
    3 G13/Hash Plants
    2 Kali Brains
    1 Grand Daddy Purple/Romulan
    I'm really disappointed we only got 1 GDP/Rom. I think I'll try and get clones with something purple in them.
    We got the plants on 18 hours light now so they will go back into vegetation.
    Plants are about 2 months old.

Here are the 2 Kali Brains
    [​IMG]

Grand Daddy Purple/Romulan
    [​IMG]

One of the G13/Hash Plants
    [​IMG]

One of the three Skunk plants
    [​IMG]

This is where we'll be planting them. I plant the fatter leaved ones (more indica) where they'll get shade part of the day. We'll be tilling the ground and adding organics this next week.
    [​IMG]

20. The plants are lookin good grandma!