Loveshack 2009 grow

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by Loveshack420, Mar 5, 2009.

1. #1 Loveshack420, Mar 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2009
    After two dissappointing seasons of indoor growing, decided to try something new this year.

The Loveshack is a small shed on my property, which we converted, and ran two seperate rooms inside, one a veg and one a flowering. The problem seemed to be too much heat and not enough power to kewl properly, then came the bugs (little rat bastard spider mites). The only solution for me was to start over. Got rid of all my plants, completely cleaned the rooms out and sanitized with bleach and let set dormant for a month. Then re-bleached, and let set dormant another month. Now the room was clean!

To deal with my heat issues, replced the 2-400w hps lights with some sweet 4ft energy effecient T-8's. Also decided to only use the Loveshack as a starter room. One room has clones and babies, the other, more mature plants.

I started my first batch back in November 08, when I got some nice Sour Diesel clones from a friend in NorCal. These have done really well in the nursery, and when they got about 12" moved them into the larger room.

Then came into some clones from another friend, some Sour Diesel x OG Kush, and 4 weeks later some Ogre Kush and HinduKush x Skunk #1. So this will be my 2009 grow.

Out where I live you can almost grow year round.....almost!
    My plan for this season was to keep the babies warm and safe until early spring, then move them outside. Well that time has come!

This last weekend took the 3 Sour D's and put them outside, moved the Sour Diesel x OG Kush into the big room and have been moving all the others up in container size and getting these stable. Have aslo been able to take clones from each strain and making more!

I took some pix of the Sour D's outside. They stand about 24" tall and it is only the beginning of March.....these, I hope will start budding in the next few days and should be done by mid May?

The next batch to go outside will be in about 4 more weeks....and another batch 4 weeks ather that, and so on. Then I will shut the Loveshack down for the summer, when it is just too hot inside, and start over again in Oct or Nov. We will see how it goes.

Attached Files:

2. #2 OldPork, Mar 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2009
    Hey Loveshack. They look really healthy and large! After two bad seasons you deserve a bitchin' harvest! (see the OldPork slinging that west coast lingo?) Best of luck and welcome! Hang around, you'll have fun in here.

3. Awesome start Loveshack! you guys out in Cali have it going on. While I am hiding from the eyes in the sky, you guys are kickin it (not to be outdone by OP) with irrigated backyard plots. :eek:

4. Thanks for the words of encouragement OldPork. I have had decent harvests last 2 years, just have not been able to get it "right", roughly half the yield I should have gotten, but whenever the plants looked at their worst, put them outside and let nature fix them....whatever works.
    Once outside my biggest problems were worms, but they usually don's show up until late July early August :confused_2:
    Hopefully this year can get a few done before the litttle rat bastards become a big issue. This is where I am hoping that this forum can help with "pest eradication".

Thanks ElDiablo, we are loving the gardening out here in the country. I just put the plants near fruit trees on the property to shield from our own "eyes in the sky", just out of oldschool habit. We run drip irrigation on timers for small groups of babies.

My wife and I both have our medical cards along with a couple other friends locally and have posted as a "Co-Op Garden", and are staying within our limits. We are 100% legal!

Hopefully in a week or so, I will have some more pictures to share......time for a rip :bongin:

Loveshack420

5. #5 Loveshack420, Mar 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2009
    This year everyting starts inside from clones. With the first Sour Diesels outside and doing well, I thought I would share some kewl pictures of the next few batches for this years grow.

The first picture is of my Sour Diesel x OG Kush, 4 of them and they are getting very big. I would like to leave them in the "Loveshack" for at least another 3 weeks, then put them outside. I gotta check and see how tall these things will get, they are allready taller than the Sour D's outside.

The next picture is of the Ogre Kush, have 4 of these. These are "looking" like my favorite so far. You can read the plant dates on the container.
    The next picture is of the Hindu Kush x Skunk #1. These have the same planting dates as the Ogre's.

Then we have the next generation of clones from the Sour D's, right before they went outside.

All this and only March 7th. Nice warm sunny day, life is good!:yay:

:bongin:

Attached Files:

6. Things are moving along nicely..... the Sour Diesels ( #1,2, & 3) that we put outside a couple of weeks ago are adapting well. The only small problem is the wife's new dog is whizzing on them occasionally, a few burned leaves....I'll have to remember to make that low bud into hash.

We are getting around 12-1/2 hours of sun a day, was really hoping that since these were so big when we put them out they would bud quickly, but not yet. We will see what the next few weeks have in store.

Also today worked inside the Loveshack, topping the very large Sour Diesel x OG Kush plants, I have 4 of these, they look like they are going to get huge once I get them outside. Made 12 new clones from these. These plants are getting real bushy and thick. I really want to put them outside next weekend.

Today I also topped the Ogre Kush plants, have 4 of them, and made clones from the tops of these. These plants are so freakin bushy, they look like little x-mas trees.

Also topped the Hindu Kush x Skunk #1 plants and got 4 more clones from them.

The last of the new clones were 4 more Sour Diesels from some fast growing mothers

Attached Files:

7. Good work dude you gonna have alot of smoke thats for sure :smoking:
    cant wait to see harvest

8. Thanks Kallas, hope to get some good smoke this year......the harvest just seems so far away. But as my harvests start to go off, I will definatly post some kodak moments.

We have had some really nice days out here the last 2 weeks, in the mid 80's to 90's and staying in the mid 50's at night (I needed to turn the air conditioner in the Loveshack on already!) and the Sour D's that I put out 2 weeks ago have survived just fine.
    I was hoping to fool them by putting them out early (without freezing them) and getting them to bud now and harvest by the end of may, but it doesn't look like that is going to happen, just alot of new growth, oh well life could be worse! :bongin:

The big Sour D x OG Kush plants growing in the Loveshack are doing well after all the clones were clipped off last week, and they are thickening up and getting nice and bushy. This weekend all the plants inside will be getting a healthy dose of Blood Meal, pure nitrogen, this should give everything a nice boost before the big move outside. These babies are already 3' tall. It's hard to wait, but I think one more week inside, then outside around the 28th, that should put these girls outside at the end of March and 3 1/2' to 4' tall.
    Once the Sour D x OGK are outside, that frees the larger room for the next batch.
    These are the ones that I am really exited about.

The Ogre Kush, I have never grown one, seen the bud, or to the best of my knowledge smoked any, but the plant looks really fuckin kewl. Each one like a little x-mas tree. These plants have been growing real fast and need more room, not because of the height, but because of how wide these girls have gotten.
    The same age as the Ogres, we have the Hindu Kush x Skunk #1 babies.
    These seem to be growing at more af a traditional pace, and will probably follow the Ogres into the bigger room. If all goes as planned these Ogres and Hindu Skunks will be ready to put outside in mid April.

Once the Ogres and Hindu Skunk move to the bigger room, it will be time to take all the 1 gal plants (Sour D and Sour D x OG Kush) and move them up to 3 gal containers.
    And at the same time.....hopefully the last batch of clones that I just made this last weekend (Ogre, Hindu x Skunk #1 and more Sour D's) will be rooted and ready for the move into 1 gals.

If all goes as planned, every 3-4 weeks a new batch of (4) 2-4' tall plants should be ready to bring outside, until the last ones go in the ground at around the 4th of July. Staggering my harvests every 3-4 weeks, in theory :bongin: :metal: :bongin:

Good times.....

Loveshack420

9. Things look great Loveshack. I was thinking about the worm issue. They must be either be dropping off the fruit trees into your bud or crawling up from the bottom. Are there any fruit tree branches hanging out over the plants? You may be able to make a barrier of aluminum tape and wrap it around them stems when they get thicker. Just dont attach the sticky part of the tape directly to the stem, use paper against the plant and wrap the tape around the paper. Just some thoughts...

10. Old Pork, when I was looking through your grow, noticed you using the aluminum tape, and was intrigued, but I am not sure if it will work with these little rat bastards.
    I am not sure, but I think that the worms are from eggs layed on the leaves from moths.
    I will try almost anything to get rid of these little buggers. They don't show up until late July, so I will be looking for the tape down here. Thanks for the input.

Loveshack420

11. OK that makes sense. Always wondered how those fat green bastards got in there!

12. I was hoping somebody might know or maybe know of a site that I can find out how tall these strains are supposed to get.
    I have several different places to grow, but one site is more 3-4' tall friendly and the other, well the sky's the limit.

Out of all the strains I have going right now, I think the Sour Diesel x OG Kush will get the tallest, but not sure. Can't find anything telling me how tall they will get, just going by the size of the juniors that I have going now.

If anyone can help, would also like to find out how tall the Ogre Kush and Hundu x Skunk #1 will get? :confused_2:

Thanks for the help, if anyone knows

Loveshack420 :bongin:

13. Hiya Doindia, glad to have ya onboard. Things are growing great and will be putting the next batch outside this next weekend (03-28-09).

14. Glad your getting a new round out Loveshack. Have you got access to the Purple Uerkle cut? I am wondering how it would do next to the fruit trees?

15. ElDiablo, I have not seen any of the purple uerkle, but would love to try some out. The trees I have my babies next to are Almond and Pears, with a groundcover of wild raspberries. Hides them pretty good. Last year walked right by them with some friends, and they did not even see them, I had to point them out.

16. Keep a look out for the Urkel cuts. It is a true connoisseur strain, not a producer.

17. I will definatly keep an eye out for the Purple Urkle, we have had the smoke out here, just have not seen the clones yet.....thanks for the heads-up ElDiablo.:D

18. Well...it was a huge weekend for the Loveshack this last weekend.
    I was getting a little concerned that the 3 Sour Diesel's that I put outside first, I think it was the beginning of March, would not start to flower......impatient me, they started. That would be the first 3 pix, I am guesstimating they should be done around the end of May, unless they start to bud, and then go back into vegitation, had them do that before!

Next big item this weekend was moving the 4 large Sour Diesel x OG Kush plants outside. We decided to plant them side x side around tree stakes (2 groups of 2). Hoping these baby girls get huge. Should just end up looking like all the other trees on the property. At planting time they are 3 to 4' tall (notice the killer watch dogs.....growl!) and it is only the end of March.

Next inside the Loveshack, replacing the Sour D x OGK that just moved outside are the Ogre Kush (the ones in the back) and the Hindu Kush x Skunk #1, 4 of each. These are going to spend around 3-4 weeks in here, where they will be cloned and inspired to get taller and bushier.

After that 3-4 weeks, 2 of the Ogre's and 2 of the Hindu x Skunk #1's will be moved outside, and the other 4 (2 and 2) will be placed under 12/12 to get some to flower mid-July, these will be my only indoor flowering this year probably.

The small plants you see in the 1 gal pots will be placed in 3 gal tonight or tomorrow, and encouraged to grow tall and thick like their sisters.

I am not able to upload the pix of the clones (10 pix max), but they are coming along nicely. It has been just shy of 2 weeks and they are just starting to show roots, and at this point (knock on wood) all of them have survived, and should be happy girls!!:yay::hello::metal::smoke::yay:

Loveshack 420 :bongin:

Attached Files:

19. Damn! That is some nice looking weed! + rep! I can't wait to get started.