CB's College Outdoor Grow 09

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by cannabisblunt, Jan 13, 2009.

1. #1 cannabisblunt, Jan 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2009
    Well well Grasscity...
    Its about time I start my first grow of '09. I know, some of you are saying "what the hell, you're one crazy SOB starting a grow in the middle of January!" but i have my reasons. I plan on harvesting in time for our favorite holiday- 420.
    The seeds I have germed and started are 2 Safari Mix, 2 Hollands Hope, and 1 Romulan. My buddy told me he has 10 THC-Bomb seeds to donate. I will start those in about a month.
    To those critics (cantharis), I have purchased a mini greenhouse to keep the potential night frost out and to keep temperatures up during the day. Temps around here have been about 55-65 during the day and around 40 at night. I will be going all organic, using Fox Farms Ocean Forest as my soil and for feedings i will use homemade teas with Mexican bat guano, Peruvian sea bird guano, Earth Worm Castings, seaweed extract, and fish emulsion.

To start, I used OP's banana peel method to increase my female chances (first pic).
    The next picture is of my mini-greenhouse not yet at my plot.
    The third is my pot with the seeds germinating inside (going to separate them at the plot).
    The fourth is the seaweed extract i picked up today.

Attached Files:

2. Subscribed.

Good luck with the grow.

3. This should work out nicely! Now on those seeds in the bag with the banana peel...I would separate the seeds from the peel a little more...the idea is just to expose the seeds to the ethylene gases the banana gives off while ripening. You don't want the seeds getting soggy! I recommend using a gallon size ziploc bag, with the seeds in a paper bag at one end and the peels wrapped in a paper towel at the other end of the bag. Just separate them a little more. Also change the peel in the paper towel every few days. Be very careful you don't drop or mix up any seeds in the changing process! Do this for a 2-3 week period prior to germinating. Then after they sprout, place a whole banana in with the seedlings in the greenhouse for another few weeks. You will significantly increase your female ratio!

4. cannabisblunt - I like the mini greenhouse, +rep for a good idea.

5. Nice tip OldPork (yet another one). Looks sweet CB: way to go.

6. I am intending to put my seeds, in a couple of little paper tissue packets - in a plastic bag with a whole green banana. Trust that will be OK.

7. #7 cannabisblunt, Jan 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2009
    I agree with you on separating them, a few seeds even germed while in the baggie because it was too moist. Next time I will do your paper bag method rather than my sandwhich bag. I will be sure to place a banana in the green house while the seedlings are taking off.

Since these seeds will be going from essentially 12/12 from the start, do you think supercropping would delay flowering a little longer, allowing them to veg a few more inches? I'm having a hard time figuring out ways to veg them extra time.

8. thanks, ill update with pictures when they go outside to the plot

thanks corto when will you be starting? im just too anxious so i had to start a mini-winter grow :D

Same here, I guess I messed up a little but it will be ok. I have read up on ethylene gas and I have found out that apples give off more than bananas. I put in some half-eaten apples in the baggie as well, maybe you guys should consider it as well.
    Heres the link:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethylene#History_of_ethylene_in_plant_biology

Scroll down to ethylene in plant biology and read up.

9. CB - Great start on the grow, looks good. where did you get that sweet little greenhouse?

10. This will be a great grow. Can't wait to compare our HHs. When I'm not tending to mine.. I will be sitting in this chair watching you tend to yours :)

Hope a huge harvest for ya. Now lets grow some herbage! :smoking:

11. Hey CB, I'll finish the holes by the end of the month. And I'll plant at the beginning of May. It's gonna be great! GL to you. Don't forget those mid-terms and finals ;).

12. CB, somehow the words "college" and "outdoor grow" seem a peculiar fit...HOW DO YOU INTEND TO PULL THIS OFF? What sort of stealth techniques will you be utilizing?

13. That will work, just let the banana go from green to yellow, it's the ripening process that releases the ethylene. I put my seeds in little brown paper bags or envelopes, the gas will permeate the paper. I am really glad you all are trying this, can't wait to measure the results.

14. ElDiablo- www.greenhousemegastore.com

Ksimms- Im glad you're growing them too, unfortunately I will be harvesting before you even start (that is unless you have started) :D

Corto- I will always put studying in front of growing/smoking. Growing will never be my main income, its a side hobby. I LOVE gardening.

OP- Dont try to act like they dont go together! :D I have scoped out a spot that is miles from my campus. Remember, I am a guerrilla grower. I know where to look. I trust my judgement enough that I could put my life savings at this plot to see if anyone would grab it. (No takers? Sounds good to me.)

Just to let you know, I have a garden at my school. We grow lettuce, mustard greens, radishes, garlic, onions, cucumber, spinach and many other greens. Gotta love the most fertile soil in the continent :)

15. are you going to use some sort of camo? Wouldnt it stick out?

16. #16 cannabisblunt, Jan 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2009
    A little package came in the mail today :D
    CB isn't going easy on his babies this year. (Oh and one Hollands Hope baby sprouted today.)

It is partially shaded by a tree, the only people that could see it would be from about 200 yards away. To take care of this i will be growing blue bedder salvia. A gorgeous plant that will be fun to grow. To those thinking "SALVIA?!?!? :eek:" no. This is not salvia divinorium that makes you trip when smoked. I just like growing nice flowers to cover my crop. :)

Attached Files:

17. Man you've got yourself together CB. About the bat guano (I'm looking for some) , the flowering one has very little K. I suppose you'll add the seaweed and some molasses to give it more K? What's the "Vitamins" bottle? Very nice too!

18. natural camo. Way to think ahead :)

19. im doing the same thing...i get all my nutes tomorrow from planet natural... i made my tent..we're definitly have to exchange recipes... i have everything you have except the fish emulsion....im in sonoma county.... i still get a little frost but i got a outside green house i put my sweetooth clone when its sleepy time..... shes taking it well but shes a little stressed but she is fine