I Love CA - Season 2

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by imaB, Mar 21, 2012.

1. #1 imaB, Mar 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2012
    Heres my start to another season.

I was gifted these blue dream beauties from another GC grower in a trade.

[​IMG]

2. Got a new bong, named it Boss.

[​IMG]

3. Looking good! I'm looking forward to another great grow from you to season. I know you'll do those clones justice. ;)

4. Hey imaB, good to see you again this year. I hope you do well :)

5. [quote name='"Spam and Eggs"']Hey imaB, good to see you again this year. I hope you do well :)[/quote]

Thx for checking in. You set the bar pretty high my friend.

I hope to do well in round 2. More space, more light, and an irrigation system should help increase my success.

Last years trials were eye opening, and a lot was accomplished: first outdoor, most plants grown at once, hella processing, oodles of mason jars, and hash & butter making.

6. #7 imaB, Mar 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2012
    Blue dream, pre topping

[​IMG]

Blue dream clippings (from topping) in a jar vase

[​IMG]

New additions, Mr. nice

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My veggie seeds

[​IMG]

Veggie garden; 50 sqft, just starting to build beds.

[​IMG]

Aerial shot

[​IMG]

And for a parting thought, moss graffiti

7. Awesome new additions man, you're going to pull a big one out this year!

Top those Blue Dreams too, you'll make it super bushy before it gets tall.

8. I agree. Top them ASAP. I'm willing to bet some of the clones you grew last year were topped by whoever you got them from. An untopped plant won't yield nearly as much. And congrats of the two new clones. You might want to put those BD clippings into a humidity dome with some rapid rooters though. I've never had any luck with the cup of water method. It takes at least a month that way. I really can't wait until you get these babies out into that wide open plot of yours. That's when they're really gunna take off.

9. #10 imaB, Mar 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2012
    Thanks for stopping by guys.

A little clarificatio/udate; the bd pic was pre topping and the clippings pic was the result of their hair cut. They would make some fantastic cuts for cloning, but I have them in the jar just for decoration.

Im on the hunt for a super sativa, such as jack herer or j1, to round out the garden. Keep ol imaB in your thoughts if u see any.

10. Will keep an eye out. Glad to hear the topping went well.

11. i think i will sub to this :D

12. #13 imaB, Mar 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2012
    Snowcap; after last year I can't NOT grow more.

[​IMG]

Kitchen veg setup. The lights supplement the am/midday sun that shines thru the window. I find this method works great for hardening the clones.

[​IMG]

Seedling cups for veggies. Made from newsprint and a salt shaker form.

[​IMG]

13. #14 imaB, Apr 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2012
    I wish I had more 420 updates. But while we wait for the weather and temps to mellow out, veggie garden progress pics will have to do.

We doubled the size and worked out a shit ton of weeds. That space is roughly 8' x 16'.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Started seeds this week.

[​IMG]

14. nice! very good start :)

15. yea... im subbed loving the veggie garden

16. #17 imaB, Apr 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2012
    Blue dreams are getting bigger. They've responded well to transplanting and topping, but took a while to recover from a neem application-damn you white flies.

[​IMG]

Mr nice and snowcap have reacted similarly to topping and neem. But they are back on track and looking good.

[​IMG]

My irrigation hose, fittings, and timer arrived.

[​IMG]

5 yards of dirt delivered. Note the increase in square footage...the list keeps getting bigger every time we jump online for advice or ideas. Check the tire, bookshelf, and headboard-found and re purposed.

[​IMG]

Crazy sprouts!

[​IMG]

The list gets bigger.

[​IMG]

17. It's all looking good. What's your light situation. I saw they were cfl what watts? Are they on 24 hours? Last time I tried putting a clone outside it just started to bud immediately. How do you by pass that? Also I saw in one of the pics you can see the street are you worried of peeps seeing your grow at all?

18. The cfl's are on a timer for apx 14 hours during dark hours. The plants sit by a window and get sunlight during the day. This has helped me harden the plants for their permanent home outside.

If your clones go straight to flower, try adjusting your indoor timer to 18 hours.

The garden you have seen so far in this journal is an actual vegetable garden in my neighborhood. My pot farm is off site. Check my 2011 grow for lots of farm pics.

19. Nice man 2011 was good to you I hope 2012 looks just as good. I like your grow site. I like other people grow pot there and no one cares. I <3 Cali!