Glass Blunt: Niche Market?

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by Dynex77, Dec 15, 2011.

1. So yea, I have a nice collection of pieces and what not. Anywase, I just got a glass blunt and was using it a lot for a while, I was very surprised by the amount of people who hadn't heard/seen one before. I posted this maybe 2 years ago here and got a so-so response, im curious to see what its like now.

Yea, here is a a pic: http://img0.etsystatic.com/il_fullxfull.217343900.jpg

SO basically the smaller glass tube slides on a rubber stopper and you can drop it all the way down for a blunt or all the way up for a bowl.

Blunt:
    If you are doing a blunt, you can slowly push the smaller tube up and ash of the top getting a nice new patch of weed. They are also great at keeping a burn. Essentially it works the same as a chillum with a sliding top bowl.....
    Fill it up as much or as little as you want, so versatile.

I think thats a good explanation

2. that things pretty cool, might have seen one before, but never noticed. I don't know if I'd prefer it to any of the other tools, but that is a nice piece to pull out

3. When i was blazing a pack of blunts a day i decided to get one. They were just ok to me. Cheaper than buying 5 wraps a day thats for sure! But they were sorta a pain in the ass. It deff has a small learning curve with em.

4. basically hit like a pipe? does it collect alot of resin and smell? looks pretty chill just to have

5. haha yea, theres definetly a learning curve to them. but once you get it figured out and working well, it works real well.

Yea, hits like a pipe. doesnt really collect any resin except for the top rim because thats where you keep pushing the ash. if your really thinking about getting someone I would recommend a nice $10-$15 one..made with better seals, helps to keep the pushing action smooth. but yea, none the less its a talking point

6. I owned 2 of em and they deff differ piece to piece on how easy they slide. One i had slid super smooth, while the other if you didn't twist it while pushing youd end up with greens on the ground haha. But yeah it hits similar to a pipe, id just say its easier to keep rollin than a pipe. And i put out a pipes roll most the time before i rip it haha.

However cleaning, I do feel they take more maintence than a pipe because they are made to just keep rolling.

7. Nice. I'm in the Chicago land area and just got one of these about two months ago

mine is a nice piece of glass, cool design and color, with the rubber slidder/push piece.

The problem I have is that if I fill it up alot, and try to use it as a glass "blunt" its hard to ash. Have a problem with not just ash but bud falling out too.

So I mostly just use it as a cool chillum that has a push asher. I got mine for about 15 bucks so wasn't expecting too much out of it and got it because it was something new and seemed fun to try.

8. I never really saw the point of these... I mean it's cool because you don't have to keep relighting your bud, but it's way more entertaining to smoke an actual blunt imo nice novelty piece though

9. Use a good grinder on your bud and pack tight. I could keep mine cherry and Not have any issues the whole smoke. As long as You kept the cherry in the right place it Would stay lit perfect.

10. They're tight I love mine =]

11. i have one, haven't used it in over a year.

last time i did resin built up in the mouth piece and it practically shit in my mouth, almost vomited and had that disgusting taste in my mouth.

maybe one day i will smoke outta Phil Mickleson again,but til then he rests on my book shelf

12. I have found the general rule about ash in the GB is that the best way to get rid of it is to simply push the bottom of where you think your ash is to just below the lip at the top of the bowl(should be no more than 1/4") and blow it off like you would the ash on top of a bowl. This will get all the ash off that wants to come up..the ash does not have to be above the top lip, the force of your breathe will go into the lip and pull out what ash wants to come out.

Simply the best way to combat the resin in the mouth pipe is to use a semi-fine steel screen to cover the hole. This should be done no matter what size of hole you have or what kind of GB, put a screen in

13. was it clean? ^
    loveeee your sig...amazing.

i like your all clear glass blunt though..only seen them in rasta colors...i mean comeon..not helping the sterotype.

14. The picture up there isnt actually one of mine, but it is 99% the same. but yea, i like the clear glass look better for it, i feel like its not supposed to be a glitzy, wow design piece, its a wow unique piece already.

lol sig, one of my favorite sayings

15. I love glass blunts!!! [​IMG]

16. I had one... and just recently gave it to an employee for free because i never ever use it.. that's how awesome they are....

17. haha cool boss!

18. I've never seen one but I've heard about them. I'd give it a nice try honestly.

19. if the glass is thick enough, you can use it to vape too!

20. :confused: