Alternatives to Grinders?

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by BigMatt, Jun 1, 2011.

1. I'm about to make my first batch of firecracks :) but I don't have a grinder! I would break it up with my fingers but I've read it needs to be finely grounded to get the best affects. So are there any household items that could be used as alternatives to grinders?

2. Shot glass and scissors.

3. Use a coffee grinder and make it into angel dust

4. [​IMG]

OR

just use those fingers.

5. i would reccommend either a coffee grinder or a shot glass n scissors man, they are the best alternatives in my opinon, personally i use my grinder and then chop up the already grinded bud further with scissors in a shot glass just to further chop up my bud finer...sometimes i even run the chop through the grinder another time just to get the excess kief off...not too fine obviously caus i dont want excess plant matter in my kief but you know what i mean :p

to sum that up, coffee grinder or shot glass n scissors haha

6. pepper mill. pre-grind so it fits through though. get's it finer than my mortar and pestle.

7. Use what baby Jesus gave you!!

8. Scissors bro.. I used a grinder for the first month I bought one, then realized it was a waste. All the good shit will stick to the teeth, atleast like a quarter or less of the keif you save. Id personally rather cut the but up and not let a grinder take that fun away.

9. id definately use a magic bullet to grind up like a half oz, and make some iso hash or vector hash with that shitt

10. If you went to get the excess kief off, a good trick with a grinder (if it has three sections: grinder, chop holder, kief collecter) is to put a small coin in the middle section and shake it when the bud is chopped in there. It gets you so much more kief from the bud.w

11. #12 Vintage Josh, Jun 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I also like to put the grinder in the freezer after a twist or two for about ten minutes then slam on down on the counter a few times. I get loads. I will have to try coin trick.

12. I just fold up a piece of A4 paper into a pocket, drop the green in there, compress the shit so it's all compact (to prevent shit from flying out & get the maximum cutting efficency), & start choppin with the scissors. (not the paper pocket itself, but inside it... you get it.)

13. #14 Vintage Josh, Jun 3, 2011
    Whats A4 paper?

14. guys wanna know how i've got the most from my grinders? i like it a lot better than the coin in the grinder trick. it's a bit unorthodox, but here's my post from another thread:

15. #17 Vintage Josh, Jun 3, 2011
  16. A4 is shorter to spell

17. #19 Vintage Josh, Jun 3, 2011
    True. Why do you know its called a4

18. Why do I know anything?
    I'm educated, brother. :cool: