thc e cigarette glycerin tincture

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by HAZE1015, May 27, 2009.

1. #21 countzer0, Jun 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2009
    The store bought ecig liquids come in two varieties

One based on proplyne glycol (PG) and the other on vegetable glycerin (VG)

It is commonly believed the VG ones are better for you.

The flavored ones all use an alcohol based flavoring extract so putting mint or lemon extract in yours would be no different then the store bought lemon or mint with the exception being the amount you use.

Because the carts are "supposed" to be almost one pack of smokes, you obviously dont want to have to do 2 or more carts cause that would take all day and you would never get enough hash fast enough. That is why it is very important to make this as strong as possible, without clogging the atomizer.

As a side note, do not use oil based flavoring as smoking oil is not good.

If you want to DIY some nicotine e-liquid you can steep about half a packs worth of tobacco in water for a few hours, strain, the tobacco, the reduce the liquid to about 2 tablespoons, now you have nicotine extract to add to you homemade e-liquid. Use gloves as nicotine is poisonous and will absorb through the skin.

2. Add a dash of 99 Bananas!

3. I just tried using this in a blu e cig and it didnt work for me:confused:. I dont know if i made a mistake somewhere along the process cause i tried putting a few drops under my tounge and that didnt work either so at this point i dont really know what to do next.

4. sounds like ur tincture is just too weak. i have a blu on the way. i will be trying this soon

5. I don't know how to make the cartridge but to make the tincture go on youtube and watch hashbean420's video on how to make it

6. Yea i tried it again straight into the atomizer and it barely worked i think ur right bout my tincture being to weak so let me know how it goes for you.

7. vegetable glycol is not safer than propelyne glycol?????:eek:
    do not use VG that shit turns into a harmful chemical wiki it if u dont believe me, or check e-cigerette-forum.com and serch it, just cause its natruel dont mean its better :rolleyes: in some rare cases, propelyne glycol is a key ingreident to less toxic antifreeze, they also put it in cow food, shampoos, and other crap including on REAL CIGERETTES, there is a way but u need at least a 1/4 of a zip (and has to be dank if that little) to get a batch that is worth the effort
    let well cured bud dry for a good night or two take a silk screen and filter your cannibaniods onto clean surface (also step in making REAL hash) then put it into a container and weigh, then put (depending on how stoney u want it) xxmg amount of ur stuff to 1 ml of propelyne glycol (can be bought in gallon at feed stores for around 15-25 $) recomend no more than 30mg or your on your ass, heat on low for a good 1-2 hours to let the tincture thouroughly mix, let cool and add flavors ( i found that if take your left over bud and make tea and boil it down it adds a little xtra green flavor cause the PG kinda kills the taste) it also only lasts a month and must be refrigerated, happy e-token:smoking:

8. At the time of my earlier post it was believed safe and many of the e-juice makers were offering both.

9. I remember reading about someone who dissolved bud into glycerin to make an intravenous inject-able solution. He was successful BTW. If I remember correctly it took a very very long time for the THC to dissolve into the glycerin.

I say go for it!

10. let me clarify, proplyne glycol is a form of gliceron, using vegetable glycol (normal store bought glycerine) does take longer but it gives a nasty taste:( Pg also gives a little unwanted flavor but is a better way to vape cause its vaping temp is lower (lower than bud so you need a manual e cig battery to vape the good stuff) on top of not turning into harmful shit, just pay the few xtra dollars for PG at a feed store, but dont buy syringes w/ it though cause at the least ur gonna get a dirty look, one guy refused to sell to me and said "your putting anti-freeze in your lungs are you retarded" little did he know that regular cigeretts also contain PG as a way to keep the tabacco fresh

if any one is interested just email me at Jesusbliss@gmail.com or pm me on here with your weight and i can give you an estimate on price and quantity of your batch:cool:
    it is a way better way to smoke once you got the hang of it and has such a cleaner high on top of little down time, my buddy wants me to make a batch that uses alchhol as the xtraction method

11. I have read on other forums, that they have managed to get it to work as a one time vape, but not as a tincture vape. :-(

12. There has been success with a couple people using ProSmoke ecigs that used a VG based tincture to smoke with an ecig successfuly. I am guessing because VG needs a higher temperature their product worked a little better?

Good luck!

13. bump?

I know there are not to many green dragon ppl here, but it is an interesting concept to have the best of both world while making this tincture. If anyone has some more input/knowledge to share that would be great. $50 is pretty steep for something that ppl haven'et ventured into yet.

14. I've found a cannibinoid oil that works great. Hash oils tend to clog the atomizer, but there's one guy at my collective that heats up the hash oil until it becomes more of a liquid form.

I found the cannibinoid oil at 1 dispensery, & it worked TOO good. It really dragged out with a continued buzz, with just a few drops. I was using the e cig to quit smoking at the time, so I was always jonesing for a cigarette, but it took me like a day & a half for me to get a no buzz hit.

15. Bump - click the link in my signature

16. You CAN make a VG tincture and vape it in an e-cig. I does not turn to Acrolin at the temp that the e cig heats to. The thc buzz will vary depending on how strong you are able to make it, and how much is consumed. What I found from my testing, it is more body than head, much better for reducing pain with out getting to foggy. Not a bad way to maintain a light buzz if out and about, and you won't smell like bud. What I did was the low heat extract in VG and also mixed that with an alcohol extract, then evaporated off the alcohol, before I spun the mix in a centrifuge to help remove more of the left over plant solids. It is mild in comparison to smoking but it does work. No doubt about it. If you only have access to small amounts of herb, don't waste it, but if you have plenty, and can add some hash to the tincture, then you will have a nice golden liquid. If you want to add flavor, you can get 100%vg non nicotine e-juice and mix about 5-10% into your tincture. :smoke:I'm enjoying mine right now!
    :hello:

17. I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to clarify something. An e-cig does not vape the nicotine or glycerin for that matter. What the atomizer does is pull water vapor out of the air, then it re vaporizes it into steam which passes through the "oil" containing cartridge and steam distilles the oil/glycerin/etc. If you google steam distillation you can see what I am talking about. Basically the steam carries the infused oil into your lungs. Anyway just a fyi.

18. I disagree Ecigs have a wick which is soaked in eliquid (pg/vg) which in turn is in contact with a filament which heats up the liquid to it's vaporizing point then when the user tokes it pulls air through a hole somewhere in the device or atomizer which mixes with the vapor as not to hurt the user when inhaling