Glass blunts?

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by cstekk, Jul 28, 2012.

1. So is it worth buying a glass blunt? They always catch my eye because they're such a unique dry pipe, but I'm debating because they seem like they'd be a pain in the ass to use and I don't like to buy pipes and leave them sitting unused.

2. I've debated buying one for quite awhile would love to hear some input

3. [quote name='"cstekk"']So is it worth buying a glass blunt? They always catch my eye because they're such a unique dry pipe, but I'm debating because they seem like they'd be a pain in the ass to use and I don't like to buy pipes and leave them sitting unused.[/quote]

I bought one a couple years back. I used it a couple times and liked it. It had the simplicity of a blunt by the way it ashes and burns the weed. It ended up breaking. I would recommend spending a couple of bucks on it if you are already debating it.

4. Ehhhhh I had one, it was cool but it takes a shit ton of weed if you want the actual blunt experience, or else it's just a complicated one hitter. It also is really harsh and the whole thing gets really grimey and resiny quickly. Save your money

5. More of a novelty. Great for part of a collection. Much easier to just throw a bud in a bowl :smoke:

6. haha i used to have one of these, pack like 2g's in em and gets blitzed haha and lasts a long time too. just ned to grind it up pretty fine

7. Arent they just glass trippy sticks?

8. [quote name='"Native612"']I've debated buying one for quite awhile would love to hear some input[/quote]

When I get the chance next week I'll check if my LHS has one for less than $25. If they do I'll definitely get back to you on how well it works

9. I don't get it? Is it a bit like a chillum?
    And does anybody have a pic of a packed one of these glass blunts?

10. [quote name='"BluntBlowin12"']I don't get it? Is it a bit like a chillum?
    And does anybody have a pic of a packed one of these glass blunts?[/quote]

It's like a mix between a chillum and a syringe without a needle. The bowl can be extended and you slowly push the mouthpiece further into the "syringe" bowl to push out ash

11. That sounds rediculously interesting for me to smoke, is it easy to clean? It may have to be my first glass piece haha

12. [quote name='"BluntBlowin12"']That sounds rediculously interesting for me to smoke, is it easy to clean? It may have to be my first glass piece haha[/quote]

That's really why I had it. I used to smoke only blunts and it kinda helped my transition to glass. Now that I only use glass it is pretty pointless. It uses a lot and is much more complicated. If blunts are your thing, I would get one.

13. Oh fair enough, I might have to get one then :L
    Hope the novelty doesn't wear off too quickly tho haha
    Can it come with coloured glass and stuff?
    And can I take it appart to clean it or would I have to like stick something up there (no-homo)?

14. [quote name='"BluntBlowin12"']Oh fair enough, I might have to get one then :L
    Hope the novelty doesn't wear off too quickly tho haha
    Can it come with coloured glass and stuff?
    And can I take it appart to clean it or would I have to like stick something up there (no-homo)?[/quote]

The only ones I have ever seen have been clear with colored bubbles on them. I didn't have mine in use long enough to clean it, it broke.

image-3604204949.jpg

15. Okay fair enough, I think I could get along with one of those
    Like and +rep for being so helpful lol thanks for the picture and stuff
    Unlucky that it broke so quick dude :(

16. I've tried them a few times, and I think they're pretty neat. Don't expect it to be exactly like a regular blunt, obviously.

In case anyone was wondering about the way they work...

[​IMG]

You load it like so, light it, and as it burns down you push the "plunger" forward to knock out the ash on the end and keep it burning.
    They're more "party pieces" than they are personal pieces. Unless you like smoking a lot of weed at once. Granted, you don't have to fill it all the way either.

It's not something I'd spend a lot of money on unless you have a lot to spare, but I have seen them for like $10-15 at local head shops or places like Etsy.

17. [quote name='"BluntBlowin12"']Okay fair enough, I think I could get along with one of those
    Like and +rep for being so helpful lol thanks for the picture and stuff
    Unlucky that it broke so quick dude :([/quote]

No prob.
    Yeah, it's ok. I got it for 20 bucks from a headshop. I used it quite a few times before it broke.

18. +rep great pic I know its not my thread but the pic and info is really useful so thanks anyway haha

19. Oh okay then good that you got a few uses out of it

20. Not my picture, I just found it on Google. But I'm glad I could help anyhow. :D