Are we there yet?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by orellej, Sep 27, 2011.

1. #1 orellej, Sep 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2011
  2. You're linking to a file on your computer.

LD

3. Hmm... I copied link from the gc gallery. I'll search it.
    Ants are in pants to harvest. Most everything in garden has died except
    for my bright green, seven foot mmj plants. Not hidden to well... J

4. it looks like it has another 8 to 9 weeks to go!

5. #6 orellej, Sep 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2011
    8-9 weeks? should be snow on the ground by then. it's 3.5 months from seed now. i thought nl was "cold hardy, short season"? j

6. give or take depending on growing conditions!

7. It doesnt depend on how old the plant is my friend. A marijuana plant could be two or ten years old if it hasnt started the flowering process. The flowering process begins due to shortened day periods.

NL generally has an 8-10 week flower period. Depending on where you live, if you atarted flowering in, lets say, mid-august, that would mean mid-october to get you to the 8 week mark.

When did you first start noticing the plant start to flower? What state do you live in?

There are many variables - and none of them have anything at all to do with how old the plant is.

Good luck.

jerry.

8. she started to flower 10 weeks ago in colorado. if we don't get a hard freeze in the next week or two i will be amazed. i bought a 40X loupe off ebay. should have gotten some cracker jacks with it, not even worth sending back. j

9. I recommended that loupe because I think they work really well for super cheap. The trick is to hold it all the way down, literally touching the trichomes and then you should be able to see them clearly. It will allow you to gauge how far along your plant is. Try that and then report back if you're still having trouble using it.

10. tonight is going to be the first hard freeze. plant has large buds that are filling in. i put a step ladder over it and put in stakes around other plants and will cover tonight. i just hope it isn't still windy, blows the covers off.
    hey, i got two watermelons. and i used that loupe to examine a fly (fishing) that had impaled my dogs leg, a tiny, tiny hook. i got it out and my dog held still the whole time. fed her hunks of hamburger as i worked. j