How did bud candy work for you outdoors?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by jackjr17, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Just bought some and used it today on my plant..i can already smell my plant it smells alot stronger. how did it work for you? 5 ft plant i have in a 1 gallon pot. Just used bud candy.

2. lol, it smelled stronger? Cool beans!

Bud candy? You can get Epsom salt by me for $12 per 50lb bag. The bud candy is Epsom salt bro. None of my grow friends use bc, maybe you won't in the future, after reading some on it.

Does bud candy and es work? Yes, mj plants in general like magnesium, some more than others. Most growers, in soil at least, get mag and a generous shot of calcium through dolomite lime. I like a spray using es right around flower time, one strain in particular loves high mag levels. But if you build your soil right you won't need too much extra.....best of luck, and stay safe outdoors and all......MIW

3. There is only half a percent by volume of Mg in this product. As MIW posted, epsom salt is cheap and 98-100% pure. You could add 1/2 gram ES to 100 grams water and have your own "Bud Candy"
    State of Oregon: Oregon Department of Agriculture

chunk

4. "Facts are stubborn things" - Ronald Reagan

5. I havent' used Bud Candy outdoors, but I hear it works really well.

Beneficial bacteria and fungi increase root mass, increase nutrient absorption, protect roots, and produce hormones that stimulate floral size, potency and value.

And it's so important when you're growing outdoors in more difficult elements.

For example, you see hydroponics formulas that contain "molasses." But as with almost every individual ingredient in hydroponics formulas, there are many grades and types of molasses, and the differences between them decide whether they will deliver your bigger, better yields.

Fact is, most types of molasses are loaded with sulphur or made from materials or processes that lower their sugar content and quality.

When sulphured, low-grade molasses are in a hydroponics formula, its extraneous minerals throw off your nutrient ratios while providing smaller percentages of sugars.

Amino acids are crucial building blocks for proteins that fuel metabolic processes and physical structure in your flowering plants. Few hydroponics formulas contain amino acids, but almost all the ones that have aminos provide them in a form called "D-Aminos."

6. Hahahaha. Shoulda posted this lower in the thread :eek:

7. For real. How do I get to neg rep people?

8. FYI _ is totally NOT organic.

Save your hard earned $$$!

Have a really nice weekend, too!

jerry.

9. Honestly i find many products are taken and shamelessly re packaged and sold at astronomical prices. For Molasses go to any Safeway or Vons and find Brier Rabbit un-sulfured molasses for 4 dollars a bottle. This is safer and better than most (not every) re packaged hydro nutrients. I have given anywhere from 1 tsp to 2 tablespoons per gallon of water and have had only positive results. Thanks for the info on Bud Candy, I keep Epson salt around for cleaning glass so I will def give it a try next watering.

10. Hey all - I am a dumbass.

So, I realized that this statement might be confusing to new growers:

Beneficial bacteria and fungi increase root mass, increase nutrient absorption, protect roots, and produce hormones that stimulate floral size, potency and value.

Yeah. That's wrong. Well, it's nto wrong, but it's not what Bud Candy does. You need other nutrients than that to get those benefits.

Just wanted to clear that up.....

11. So what benefits does bud candy, or Epsom salt, do? Should I use it only in flowering? Is something else in using in making a tea likely do the same thing?

12. :smoke:bud candy is made my AN they dont fuck around , its a kick as product, abut 10 days ago my freind gave me half of his bud candy and i used it on my plant at this time i had supercropped my plant in abou 10 spots,

all of wich knuckled over in 1-2 days this is insanley fast for my strain usaully it takes 7-10 days, the base of the stem thickend up very fast and the entrie plant did, it also pushed out crazy smells the next day, my next feeding i cant wait to use it

i still have 2 supercrops that arent completley healed bcuz they were supercropped and than the wind tor it down a bit but they look fine, so my next feeding in 2-4 days i bet the supercrops will be completley healed

it also swelled up my buds very fast for week 2 flower mine turned into colas already...

its a great product id reccomend it to erone.. its a game changer for us growers

my mision now is to get big bud, overdrive, final phase for THIS grow than i would be at peace

13. :poke:

14. lol ^

bud candy is great just fed it again to my plant and it freaked out again lol..

im in week 2 of flower and i just wanna write this down lol

bud candy weeks 1-6 i can use it

im also getting overdrive and bud candy this week

overdrive weeks 6-7

big bud weeks 2-4 so ill get about 2 feedings of that in

do you think its worth it to get big bud and overdrive /?

i think it is but im not sure i know bud candy is one hell of a product but i just need to know if its worth it or not, cant be messing with my money really right now

15. Epsom salt contains the micro nutrient magnesium, which helps the plant uptake nutrients.
    I prefer buying unsulfered molasses, it contains magnesium, sulfur, iron, and other important micro nutrients. Molasses also is eaten by micro organisms in the soil (if your growing with soil) and helps promote a healthy root structure (Endo/Ecto mycorrhiza). Basically its got everything Epsom salt has and more!

**I increase during flowering but use a little throughout my veg cycle

16. Your idea is sound, but please examine the details. Don't mistake the amounts of minerals listed on the molasses container. Those are ussually minimum daily requirements for human consumption, not the actual percentages. If you think you need minerals there are many good mineral suppliments that provide much more than molasses.....best of luck......MIW

17. I haven't used Bud Candy outdoors, but I would imagine it works just as well as it does indoors. This is an interesting thing to ask.

I've always wondered why nutrients work differently inside and outside. I mean, it's the same plant, and you're trying to replicate the same conditions inside, so it makes sense that the nutrients would work in the same way.

At the same time, I've heard that using Heavy Harvest outside works way better htan other AN nutrients, but I admit that I haven't used it, so that's just something I've heard from buddies who grow outside.

I don't have the space - or the stomach for growing outside. Someday, somday.....

18. its more of whether you can use it in soil rather than hydro, I've never done it but now that i've seen this im definantly gonna try it