No-Till Gardening

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Under Hill, Apr 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Haha, yeah that is pretty crazy!

2. Hey I was wondering how long into flower can you spray with neem oil? Thanks dudes.....love the info here

3. #4063 Tree dogg, Nov 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2014
    2 weeks or so

I try to avoid all spraying in flower, though

4. Are rice hulls sprouting in my soil a bad thing?

5. #4065 Tree dogg, Nov 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2014
    I don't think hulls can sprout.
    Pics?

Obviously some of those hulls weren't hulls.  They were seeds.  Won't hurt nothing but the stuff grows pretty quick so you will have to keep it cut down if your mj plants are small.  

7. They definitely came in the bag of rice hulls and have the same shape. Must be seeds mixed in with them. Was kind of hoping they would work as a cover crop. Kill two birds with one stone. I've been pulling them out as they sprout though. Worried they might do harm.

8. I've had the same thing, pulled a couple out, and they were coming right out of the "hulls" (which obviously were more than hulls. Lol)

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1416946897.533486.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1416946931.650730.jpg

9. Kind of think weeds like these showing up are a sign that the soil is nice and viable. Plant roots give off exudates and stuff which should leave the soil in better condition.

I like to leave weed sprouts to grow for a few days before I pull em, they always lift easy. Or I chop em and leave the roots intact in the soil.

It all returns to the soil and disappears pretty fast.

I have a million tomato plants self-seeding this year from my cold compost. I really should grow one out to see what they all are.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I have another newbie question, I haven't cut any clones in a few years and was reading the clone posts and no one mentions cloning gel. Is that because it is a given that you have to use a gel or are you guys not using any? Thanks

11. Some people use those gels or powders. There are easy ways to get around them. I am pretty sure a lot of people clone with nothing but water and their soil. Other things that work too:
    Raw honey (only tried once, didn't work for me)
    Aloe powder (used this on my last run of clones and had almost perfect success.)

There is a cloning solution that has been listed a few times in this thread. I don't have the amounts on hand, but you can bubble some kelp in water for a day then add some aloe juice, fulvic acid and pro tekt. Soak your cloning medium in this and also the tips of your clones before inserting them into the strata. Its worked well for me so far.

12. Here's a quote from someone.  Coot, maybe?

13. There you go!

14. #4074 Under Hill, Nov 26, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
    I do exactly what treedog posted, usually minus the kelp tea (lack of forethought LOL), but I add one step immediately before placing cutting into your rooting media - I have a section of fresh aloe leaf/fillet ready to go and I dip the end of each cutting into the inner fillet gel (it's alive!).

Edit - oops I just noticed that darn 1/8tsp again :p I've always used 1/4tsp)

15. Bluejay,
    This thread is awesome you are very inspiringly! Thanks for taking the time to share your knowledge and taking the time to answer everyone's questions!

I'm in the process of trying out a notill thanks to your garden!!!

16. #4076 Lumperfan, Nov 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2014
    What are you guys doing for fungus gnats, worried about my worms....

I have top dressed lightly with neem meal 2x, about a week apart (approx 2 tablespoons per 20 gal smartie each application). Fuckers are still around, although not as bad. Just dont want to be picking them out of my buds.. Thanks, LF

17. #4077 Tree dogg, Nov 26, 2014
    Maybe a neem tea?
    Yellow sticky traps are helpful too.  

Here is an old, Lumper quote.  

• Like Like x 1
  18. I use Gnatrol WDG, works really well imo.

Check out my grow! Mars II LED & Organic No-Till Soil.
    http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-grow-journals/1318542-freedom-35.htmlk

Live Free and Meditate

Looks like all your missing is to cover it with compost/soil, tea if it persists and call it a day. Look for the cause of what's bringing in the fungus gnats, usually stagnant water in the drain trays.

20. #4080 Lumperfan, Nov 26, 2014
    Thanks for the replies! I didn't want to go gnatrol or bt because I was scared of it killing the worms in my no tills, but sounds like i would be ok with BTi? Also wanted to avoid sticky traps, because I was under the impression that they were a slow release poison bomb in the growroom and very very far from organic but feel free to correct me if I am wrong (wouldn't be the first time, lol). Just want the best meds possible. I will use another tablespoon of neem meal on each and cover with fresh soil/vc, give it a day and hit it with the neam/kelp tea. That should do it. Quite the neem smell in there already though.... I will also try not to leave any standing water in the tray...... Oops. Think I overwatered a bit -Think I need to ease back on the amount of water for each anyhow. GC rocks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.