I know its been asked before, but...

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by SSDIPainGuy, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Is the decision to grow organic made of better performance or your personal belief in that way of life? Does it produce better smoke?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Taste > Yield

Even though that's starting to change with people dialing in the SIP buckets.

You will never be able to beat Organic bud for taste, never.

3. Exactly for me also.

Plus the amount of money Ive saved on long lasting soil beats the bottle budget any day IMHO.

4. What they said.

Sent from Mobile

5. #5 GiMiK, Sep 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2013

IMO I see the organics yield issue as being non existent. I believe that this method shows off the true genetic potential, whereas with synthetics I see quite a few people pushing the plants far past their limit, simply for more weight. 

This way of growing can most definitely be considered for commercial success. Healthier plants (imo) and less overhead, not to mention the improved results in taste/aroma, over synthetic chem grown cannabis.

6. I can definitely appreciate both sides of the issue. I'm just starting out growing and I'm very interested in going natural, for the purity of the plant. I also don't see any issue with helping the plant be all it can be either. Aren't most nutes just beefed up naturally occurring elements? I will eventually try both ways, for both reasons. Thanks for your input guys

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

I started in dirt with GH nutes, then went to hydro with the Lucas formula. While growing in DWC buckets, I mixed an organic soil with Dr. Earths Tomato, Vegetable and Herb fertilizer. At the end of the hydro / organic run, I put away the DWC buckets and never looked back.

Since using the enzyme teas, I truly believe the terpene levels are elevated and our consumption levels have decreased. It's a choice for sure, but its also a lifestyle.

Chunk

Perhaps if your question were worded differently; "Is the decision to grow with synthetic fertilzer made because of better performance or your personal belief or personal choice".

The decision to grow using synthetic fertilizer should only be made based on on a couple of narrow decision points IMO - quantity produced and/or consistency in operations. The commercial grows I've witnessed were all produced using a variety of synthetic goop none of which produced anywhere near the quality in burn or quality in taste than cannabis grown organically. The yields I've seen from synthetically produced cannabis far, far, outpace plants produced organic, "water-only". Really no comparison in quantity prodcued IMO.

I will smoke synthetically produced canabis but I surely do not like it. There is no amount of so-called flushing that can ever get that synthetic metal tasting crap out of the plant once it's in there.  

So my opinion is we grow organically to please ourselves so it's personal choice and patient choice. If one is after harvested yield surely a synthetic approach to fertilization is much more apparent.

9. #9 genghiskgro, Sep 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2013
    I'm just curious and not trying to stir up too much of a commotion, but when it comes to growing organically I feel like I almost have my soil completely dialed in,

There are small things that I would like to do in the future and already in the process of but what I'm curious of is

With pruning, training, taking account for genetics growth phenos, grow room technicalities, assuming all of that is dialed in, with growth rate obviously being slower just because assimilation of water is just abundant and always present in hydro, what I'm saying or asking is with intense training I just for some reason feel like a nice organic tree can take place given a big enough container to hold the root system.

Guess I'm hoping someone else might chim in with actual means of showing what I'm saying but If not I will have to take the venture onto myself and post the results at a later date.

Happy growing
    GK

10. I'm not sure what your question is... :huh:

Sent from Mobile

11. Until I had an interest in growing, I had no clue the difference between organic and chemicals. Organic has a way better taste, smoother smoke, and a smother high IMO.