best place to buy amendments online?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by dylan843, Feb 14, 2013.

1. It seems like ill be paying up the ass for shipping from anywhere...and anything with free shipping costs way more. Anyone know a good solution?

Or anywhere that would sell alfalfa meal, neem meal, crab, kelp, and happy frog that's. Within 100 miles from myrtle beach? I'm willing to drive to avoid shipping.

2. Well no help on here, but for peoples future reference check out groworganics.com got what was going to be around 200 total on ebay and 150 to 200 on other websites for 75 bucks! Woopie goldberg

3. check farm feed shops in your local area. its diiiirt cheap compared to snazzy labeled packages that are the same stuff. $15 for 50 lb alfalfa meal vs $15 for 5 lb alfalfa meal (packaged beautifully)

4. ^^ This is your best bet, especially being in Myrtle Beach, im sure there are shops around that carry it. You're by Wilmington right? If so, there is a hydro shop there called Progressive Gardens that has all that. If not, amazon is where I get most of mine as I don't have many shops around here that carry that stuff. You can definitely find good sellers on Amazon that ship for nothing, just gotta search around. There is a big selection of DTE amendments there that decently priced for some sellers. Still like killawatt said, it will not be cheaper anywhere than a local feed shop so do a good search for that and call around before you buy anything online.

5. Go to Amazon and sign up for an Amazon Prime account.
    It's free for 30 days and cost nothing to start.
    Cancel it within the 30 days and you won't get charged anything. I signed up with a prepaid card just to be safe.
    I've done it once for myself and once for my girl.
    Doing so will get you FREE 2-day shipping for 1 month

Thank me later haha

6. Thanks you!!! I've been bugging the shit outta my friend trying to figure out what this was called nobody could remember. Amazons gunna be pissed when I get like 500 pounds of shit shipped for free :p

7. Are you sure it will worked for anything? I feel like they. Would say it doesn't work for everything

8. I'm pretty sure it does; I've done that before, though they didn't have that great of a selection for humus, when I looked. Everything else can be bought in small amounts, though I couldn't find 50 lb bags of kelp meal, crab shell meal or alfalfa meal.

9. it works for everything but you have to see which vendors are jacking up price to compensate for the free shipping. some will advertise 50.00 and may add 40.00 under the table for shipping, so there final advertised price is 90.00 with free shipping. lol

10. Yeah but from what I just read it has to have a little prime logo to qualify for the free shipping but hopefully I misread or thats old. And not many of the gArden stuff has it

11. Check out the links in my sig or the links I provided; there's good quality items to be had for cheap.

I've spent a while searching myself, these are some quality suppliers.

12. No, you cannot get amazon prime for everything. It has to have the amazon prime mark on the item to qualify.

13. They've got what you're looking for there I assure you of that!
    And yeah it has to have the little Amazon Prime thing beside it!
    I've dominated Amazon this last quarter! 30 days on me, and 30 days on my girl! Free 2-day shipping is hard to beat!

14. And then once you get friends and relatives involved next month, and the month after that, and so on and so on...lol

Free shipping for life! Hahaha

J

15. working.
    the.
    system.

hahha

16. ozbo.com sells 20+ lb. bags of espoma products cheap and only charges $5 shipping, hydrogalaxy.com has free shipping, of course the products are higher priced but sometimes it is still cheaper than price+shipping.

17. #18 durgahands, Feb 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2013
    Hey,
    LD recommended a NY company for their ew castings called Worm Power. Their 15 # bags sell for $42. Ouch. Amazon gives this product free shipping is cool but my local Fertrell dealer sells castings by a company called Black Castings #40 for $29.

The ability to measure differences is beyond me. I would have to drive 45 m round trip to get it locally. I can't decide if the Worm Power castings could be that much better and guess I will never know unless I try them in a side by side grow and that ain't likely.
    And I wonder does anyone have experience with Worm Power being worth this much cash?
    :)

18. You might want to check out Kelp4less.com

They have free shipping