Timewarp - Next Generation & NL#5 - Dr. Atomic Dirt Grow

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by sterces, Oct 8, 2011.

1. Well Time to get back on the horse.

That God Bud threw me, but once I decided they were not happening I went to Hemp Depot and bough Some Timewarp and NL#5 which were the last two on my list to get.

From Hemp Depot:

Atomic Northern Lights - Dr. Atromic

Indoor
    NL#5 Classic and legendary indoor strain, preserved through selective breeding mostly Indica with approximate 14-20% Sativa component that provides the lingering and prolonged high. Cannabis Cup winner.
    Sweet, smooth aroma and smoke. Prolonged intense
    high. Short and stocky.

Flowering Time: Indoor 8 weeks
    Approximate Yield: up to 125grams
    Lineage: Northern Lights #5

Timewarp - Next Generation Seeds

Indoor / outdoor
    Canada's most popular and reliable outdoor strain. Over 30 years proven outdoors in the wet west coast forests. Strong Lemon flavour and smell with a very uplifting high. Early flowering and mould resistant strain developed exclusively outdoors at the 49th parallel. Very versatile strain that thrives in many different climates outdoors. Consistently large harvests and great taste is what Timewarp is famous for. 1st place winner BC Harvest Cup, Outdoor category. Genetics: Mostly Indica Structure: Medium, wide, branchy.

Flowering: Indoor: 45 days Outdoor: Sept.20

9 out of 10 Timewarp (one split but never grew a tail) and 10 / 10 for the NL.

Now that's more like it.

Sterces

Attached Files:

2. #2 sterces, Oct 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2011
    I never found seedling shots of much interest so sorry, no pics.

The eight surviving Timewarp are progressing. A couple have even started to thicken up the stalk. One lost almost all of its seed pod leaves when I was forced to try to liberate it from its shell. It basically had two nubs and the nascent second set of leaves. It is tiny, but seems like it will live.

I went away for a few days and had moved the florescent lights too close to the 8 surviving Northern Lights. Two got fried, so I have added two Romulan clones to the grow (yeah, I was worried I would not get a chance to put some in)

So it seems stable, I watered them tonight and propped a few up with dirt.

Looking forward to finding two new mothers for my collection.

Sterces

3. #3 sterces, Oct 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2011
    I had a small incident with the Green Mansion. It blew over!! I dragged it back and tried to roll it back upright, but it was too heavy. I figured I wanted to re-plastic it anyway so I cut off the plastic and tried again. It collapsed. I did not account for the structural integrity provided by the skin. I managed to rebuild the frame and will re-plastic it as planned next spring.

I will be tying it down Lilliput style next year.

The new veg lights seem to be working out.

The first is the six Northern Lights #5. They all popped within 24 hours of each other. You can guess which one I am hoping is a female. :)

The next is the eight Timewarp. The second from left on the top is my early leader.

The last ones are my clone technique.

I cut my clones, wet the soil (not soak), put on the lid and put under a single cfl (18/6). A week later I dip the cup one inch in water. Usually a week later I have roots showing. The Romulan took an extra week (so an extra dunk in the water), but you can see it rooted just fine.

Sterces.

Attached Files:

4. Hey Sterces,
    I just found my way to your new thread. Glad you're doing it, I'll follow with interest. I am running clones right now to replace the space left by the death of god bud. It's my first chance to see how well things go from my own mums. So far, so good. But I don't think I'm gonna journal it. Just keeping things as simple as possible for awhile. Hope you're well up there and don't lose any more structures to that cold north wind....

5. Hi Marapa,

Thanks for dropping by. Glad your feeling better. Just as glad to be communicating over the net. Sounds like a bad ass strain you got. And I don't mean sativa.

>>I just found my way to your new thread. Glad you're doing it, I'll follow with interest.

I was pumped for the GB grow, but I am finding my motivation lacking for the solo journal. Maybe now that I have switched to 12/12 my interest will pick up.

>>I am running clones right now

It is the best. I am anxious to be done with the seed part of the program. Only one more to go…

>>the space left by the death of god bud.

The death of God Bud has been a set back, no doubt. I might not get to grow any next summer, but I am trying to come up with a plan that can still make it happen. Regardless, I will have it sooner or later.

>>Hope you're well up there and don't lose any more structures to that cold north wind....

We are getting some nice southern air at the moment. 57f, I am in my screen room!

As for structures… On the advice of an engineer friend of mine, I am going to tether it to a couple of trees next year. It might lift off the ground, but it ain't going anywhere!

Here are a couple of pictures of the TW and NL. The NL are short because I had the light too close. I think Possuumm mentioned his journal that if you go too close the branches are not spread out enough on the stalk. These have 7 sets of branches and are not 8 inches tall. (I should go measure to be sure) so I am glad it is only a mother search.

I have given up on the pre-flower stuff. In a little while I will know, so what's the rush?

I have a few Romulan ready to fill the gap.

Sterces.

Attached Files:

6. I love the Timewarp, Bring'r on!

7. Sterces I will be sending some positive vibes your way bud. Hoping all goes as planned with this grow. You had some rough spots due to the GB grow. Really hoping this one pans out for ya. So are you growing the timewarp inside? Thought it was only an outdoor strain.
    I myself am almost ready for harvest:) Finally. I do however have 3 Clones from the Xline Iced Grapefruit and one from my deep purple in the veg/clone tent at the moment. Dont really plan on running any new strains any time soon though. Would love to run a c99 from the some breeders as my beauty Xgfruit. But I cant seem to fight the paranoia this go round trying to order seeds. Oh well. Just think i might have the shipped to a family members house since I have things running over here. Anywho really lookign forward to reading your posts. Dont be shy to post some nice veg shots! We still like to see pics of the girls wether they have their poosie hairs or not yet lol:)

8. Good to see you've got another grow and journal going sterces. All the best to you and your endeavors.

Take care,

chunk

9. Hello Unhinged,

>>I love the Timewarp, Bring'r on!

OK, I am really looking forward to this plant. NL we'll see, but this one has my interest. Lemon with uplifting high. Sound great.

Thanks for the vote of confidence in my strain selection.

Hello DG,

>> Thought it was only an outdoor strain.

From the grow instructions from the site I got the seeds: Flowering: Indoor: 45 days Outdoor: Sept.20

Once I looked around I saw how you might think that. I plan to do my medical grow in the greenhouse from now on so it will actually be grown outside.

>>I myself am almost ready for harvest

I have seen that. Very nice plants you have there.

>>Would love to run a c99

I looked at it but concluded it was _not_ the no anxiety pot the brochure claimed it was,

Joey Weed crossed it with my favorite Chemo in hopes of calming it down. I changed to NL#5 but may look for another mother if it isn't anything special.

Thanks for the good vibes and dropping by.

Hi Chunk,

Thanks. I hope it is interesting.

Sterces

10. Hello,

One of the Timewarp mid-sized plants turned out to be male. He is outside awaiting his fate. (should be freezing again in a day or so) Only 7 left, I hope I get a female. :rolleyes:

On the NL side the biggest plant is a female. :hello:

It is so much bigger and healthier than the rest I felt like chucking them. But size is not everything so I reconsidered. ;)

I have to say these are the healthiest plants I have grown indoors. Deep green, really thick stalks. I attribute it to the new lights.

Sterces

11. Hello,

>>Only 7 left, I hope I get a female. :rolleyes:

When will I learn not to tempt fate?

I have four TW boys outside and I am pretty sure two of the reaming four are males as well.

I have one TW that looks to be female and the last one is probably a male. If it pans out I had eight plants and ONE female! I think that is worse than what happened to Marpa. If the one female turns out I will be happy. It is a healthy plant.

If they are all males I figure I should keep the giant (biggest in the room is a male TW) and plant it ouside with one of each of my other plants

Timewarp/Chemo
    Timewarp/Romulan
    Timewarp/Northern Lights
    Timewarp/God Bud
    Timewarp/Atomic Shiva
    I could start my own seed house with stuff like that.

The NL#5 have 4 confirmed females and two strongly suspected males. I wait till they get a couple of balls before I put them in the outdoors (freezer).
    I have 4 Romulan clones in with them so all in all I will likely have 9 plants.
    Too bad about the TW. I sure hope the one female doesn't hermi!
    And man, am I glad I didn't get a 5 pack of seeds! :)
    Sterces

12. That's right up there (down there?) with my summer grow, Sterces. I started 12 seeds. Three (all the same strain) never popped. Seven of the remaining nine were males. Despite all that bad luck, the two plants that made it as femmes--both were TGA's The Flav--became my favorite smoke, and I still treasure them....

it's like another proof of that saying, "If it doesn't kill you it makes you stronger." :cool:

13. Hi Marapa,
    >> Despite all that bad luck, the two plants that made it as femmes--both were TGA's The Flav--became my favorite smoke, and I still treasure them....
    I have to say I treasure my Romulan. It was a grow from hell, but what a plant. According to that logic I can hardly wait to see what the Timewarp is like.
    7 of nine males with three DOA seeds vs. 7 of 8 males and two no shows. Now there is a race to the bottom!
    I think I'll call it a draw and go have a stiff drink. This seed stuff is not for the weak of heart.
    Only God Bud to go...
    Sterces

14. Geez sterces you cant catch a break bud:( I sure will be sending some positive vibes to ya and cross my fingers for some females for you!
    Funny you guys say your TGA smoke is your best because here in a few I will be harvesting my TGA deep Purple which happened to show some purple color about the 6th week of flower:) SO she is a grape female which is supposed to be consider some growers most prized indica. We will see. I harvested my experimental Xgfruit cloens and took a sample bud after they were dry and one hit had me thinking how to save the world lol. Not to mention i felt like I was smoking pure sugar cause the trichs on these Xgfruit are nothing short of amazing!

15. Hi DG,

Thanks for the positive vibes.

>>Geez sterces you cant catch a break bud

yeah, ever since the first run with Chemo and Shiva it has been a challenge. I am soo glad the first run went well. It makes the rest easier to take. Looking all those mason jars takes the sting away. Don't worry.:smoking:

The Romulan went down to one plant, but I still got my mother. :cool:

In this run the NL#5 is three for six females (I jumped the gun on one). So at the very least I will have a NL#5 mother out of this effort. From the response to my question on Possuum's thread about the difference between #5 and #9 I am pretty sure I will be happy with the NL#5 result. :hippie:

So I will get one new strain this round.

Timewarp is another story. Six out of the eight plants are male. When it got desperate I did start looking at the pre-flowers. Both remaining plants are the same. It appears to me that the first two pre-flowers are male. Little stick and ball. The rest (3 branch nodes) are female. It is like they realized they were making 8 males an two switched course. :confused_2:

>>I sure will be sending some positive vibes to ya and cross my fingers for some females for you!

Thanks, it sure looks like Timewarp is going to need it.

>>Funny you guys say your TGA smoke is your best

Actually that was Marapa, my Romulan came from Next Generation seeds.

>>is supposed to be consider some growers most prized indica. We will see.

As they say, you don't know till you grow. There is a lot of hype out there, but when you get a winner it is worth it. :yay:

>>I harvested my experimental Xgfruit cloens and took a sample bud after they were dry and one hit had me thinking how to save the world lol.

Sounds like some good medicine. Too bad the leaders in Europe don't have any. :p

I think I mentioned there is nothing like your own produce.

Sterces

16. Or this guy Harper and his people, eh? :rolleyes: Speaking of Europe, did you see the news that Switzerland is legalizing 4 plants per person, and Copenhagen is also seeking legalization? It seems to me at the moment like Europe is kicking North America's ass when it comes to rational cannabis policy....

17. Sorry Marapa,
    >> Or this guy Harper and his people, eh? Speaking of Europe, did you see the news that Switzerland is legalizing 4 plants per person, and Copenhagen is also seeking legalization? It seems to me at the moment like Europe is kicking North America's ass when it comes to rational cannabis policy....

Harper and rational don't belong in the same paragraph let alone sentence. :(

Sterces.

18. Hello,

I have three female NL#5. One Tall and not very branchy, one medium and normal branches and one short that looks like a poinsettia.

I am pulling for the tall one to be a main cola plant like the Chemo. It will be easier to trim.

The second picture is of the maybe lady Timewarps. I am thinking of ordering some more and trying again with eh God Bud run this winter. I'll wait a week to see that they do.

The last is a beautiful Romulan. The branching is pretty much perfect. I can hardly wait to get this in the sun!

Sterces.

Attached Files:

19. Hello,

I got some good news today. I inquired about the damage seeds might get if they sat in my mailbox in the freezing temperatures. (I have decided to re-do the Timewarp with the God Bud)

I got this in reply

>>The cold will not hurt them, the heat is worse for them.
    That means my GB was not hurt by the cold. :hello:

So I am going to order the Timewarp again and see if I can get some straight females this time. :eek:

Sterces.

20. The little buds are coming along.

Only 6 more weeks.

The first is the three Lady NL#5. I am really liking the tall one. It made a little canopy with the branches that will do very well in the green mansion.

The two Timewarp are hanging in, but I hope to order my replacement seeds on the weekend.

I am really looking forward to having some Romulan in the house again.

Sterces.

Attached Files: