God Bud - Jordan of the Islands Organic Demonstration Grow

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by sterces, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Hello,

My much awaited God Bud seeds from Jordan of the Islands arrived today.

I have agreed with Marapa to grow the same seed strain (God Bud - Jordan of the Islands) from the same seed bank (Vancouver Seed Bank). We sent away a little while ago and I just got my nice fat seeds. Don't need a magnifying glass to see these ones.

I hope Marapa's seeds arrive soon.

We are planning to grow the seeds in late September or mid October. There is lots of time for people to get their own God Bud seeds and join the Organic God Bud Demonstration.

We are going to show that you can get as frosty a bud as anybody with out resorting to chemicals.

Come on and join up, a frosty time will had by all.

Sterces.

Attached Files:

2. Kewl man! I've been seeing you two yakking about this so this ought to be an awesome exhibition 'cuz both you buvvas can bring it home big time!

3. I got some feminized god bud recently got like 6 I think, plus 2 that had already been sprouted, one of which I'm going to keep the other was weaker. This will be my first time with god bud but the guy I got it from just had his pic as the centerfold pic of the crop from HighTimes and I smoked it so I know it's bomb. I'm not exactly sure the age but I'm guessing week and a half, veggery is bout 3 1/2" around

4. Hey Possuum,

>>both you buvvas can bring it home big time!

As can you Possuum, as can you.

Why not join the demonstration grow? There is lots of time, and the selected strain is well worth anyone’s time to grow. Just Google it and you will see lot’s testimony out there.

We could use a well respected member of the GC community (or two) to add legitimacy to our little project.

This is not a closed demonstration, the idea is for lots of people to demonstrate what can be done with organics.

Sterces.

5. The strains from Jordan of The Islands are some of the finest out of Canada and they're very popular in the Pacific Northwest.

Definitely some of the best Indica lines available, IMHO

LD

6. Hello CCostal,

>>I got it from just had his pic as the centerfold pic of the crop from HighTimes

I like the sound of that! :D

What breeder, do you know?

Why not hold on to the other beans until fall and join our little demonstration?

>>I smoked it so I know it's bomb.

I have yet to hear a report that says any different.

I have had two strains from JOTI and they were both excellent, I am not expecting anything less than Chemo like crystals from this God Bud.

There is still _lots_ of time to join in on the fun people.

Sterces.

7. Hello LD,

>>The strains from Jordan of The Islands are some of the finest out of Canada and they're very popular in the Pacific Northwest.

I was born in Victoria, which must explain the affinity I have to the breeder. ;)

>>Definitely some of the best Indica lines available, IMHO

I concur.

Thanks for the input. :wave:

Not looking to add a quality, short flower cycle Indica to your stable by any chance?

Sterces.

8. #8 Ccoastal, Jun 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    He isn't a labeled breeder like TGA Subcool, or DJ Short, both of which are in my neck of the Oregon woods, this guy is my sisters bf's dad, very talented lol he submitted to pics of the crop which is subscriber entered. Next time I see him I'll ask him what seedbank he got them from. I'm totally down to do the side by side grow, I usually stick with just my strain but I was given some sprouted, plus beans so ima just go with it this time around. What kind of lighting are u planning on using? I use cfl only so if u guys use MH or HPS mine will prob take a week or two longer in flower. As lumper said god bud is very popular around here.

9. Hey Sterces,
    thanks for setting the thread up...I've gotten the email notice from VSB that they got my money and have sent the seeds, but by their estimate it's another week or so to arrival for me.

On CCoastal's question about lighting, I'm still using the basic physical setup (cabinet, lighting, HVAC) that's laid out in my Blue Thunder link in the sig...basically, I use t5 HO fluoro for vegging and mothers, and a 600 W HPS with lumatek ballast for flowering. I just replaced the bulb for my current run with an Ushio Hilux; my original bulb lasted for a couple grows but was getting noticeably warmer in color temp and I assume losing lumens. I use an organic soil mix built around a recipe that is widely attributed to Vic High, who I believe was part of the British COlumbia Growers Association--may still be. So doubly appropriate to be trying it with BC God Bud.

As Sterces said, we'd welcome all comers to make this more informative. The more diverse the grow methods the better, as far as I'm concerned. Sterces and I are reasonably laid back, supportive, kind people--or at least we try to act that way in The City. :rolleyes: So no worries whatever your setup or experience level.....:smoke:

10. The start of something beautiful.... And godly haha

Attached Files:

11. Indeed....
    [​IMG]

:):):)

Attached Files:

12. Haha is that a special container/shine

13. It sure is special to me! but in accordance with forum protocol, I won't say whether this packaging is from the breeder, the seed bank, or myself, eh?. Just that I'm happy to have those seeds now safely stored in a vacuum sealed bag, in the dark, at 42 deg F, waiting for their day in the sun, so to speak...:)

I would also like to give a general shout-out to the BC growers, the Vancouver Seed Bank, and all those that support them. :hello: Sterces was born in VIctoria; I have only had the good fortune to travel through there a couple times on the way up to southeast alaska by ferry. Same for me with Vancouver, have only traveled through a couple of times. But each and every trip through BC has blissed me out--the place is magnificent, the people have been as well. For anyone who, like me, appreciates mountains, forests, water and asian food, that whole area is truly God-bud country. It seems to me no accident that BC is right up there with the world's most enlightened places on cannabis, as well as the environment. even though the struggles still continue there as elsewhere with the forces of ignorance and repression. So here's to you, BC and to BC bud, from just another fella down in dixie...thank god-bud for you.:smoke:

14. Hehe... Stocked up

Attached Files:

15. Sounds intriguing.

16. Glad to see some interest in the demonstration.

I currently use just a 600W HPS, but I plan to buy something specific for the veg cycle for this year's indoor season. I will likely go with fluorescents as I have a largish area to cover, and only plan to use them to about 15 inches.

Hello CCostal,

Thanks for the feedback. It sounds like you are thinking of joining the demonstration. That would be great. Like Marapa says, “The more diverse the grow methods the better”.

Hello Stankie,

Intriguing enough to join in?

Sterces.

17. Hi Marapa,

Glad to see you got your beans.

Congratulations! (I can say that now)

I am excited to see what we come up with in the fall. Let's both hope we get a normal run (8 out of 10 seeds live with 4 females). ;)

I just hope we can get a few more people in on the action.

Sterces.

18. I'm excited about it too, Sterces. I will probably try to pop 7 of the 10 God Bud seeds, keep the others in reserve, and also 2 of some fem Blue Moonshine seeds I have. Supposed to be similar structure and flowering time. I'm trying to run through a lot of strains so I just can't resist the urge to get another indica in with the God Bud, and I'm interested in Blue Moonshine as a hash plant. I'm constrained to 9 plants in veg and no more than 7 in flowering, with 4 or 5 actually better in flowering for my space. :wave:

19. Ya I'm stoked for it lol, can't wait to pop the comparison beans, I got both the starts I was givin, still veggin one, the other I went ahead and threw into my flower cab cuz I was gonna toss it anyway well see what happens there, was surprised to see that god bud has 9 fingers instead of the 7 I been used to lol

20. #20 sterces, Jun 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2011
    Welcome to the show Ccostal.

And then there were three…

I Thought I would try to get interest by posting results others have had with JOTI God Bud.

This is a nice bud if you ask me.

Sterces.

Attached Files:

• gb.jpg
      gb.jpg
      File size:
      257.7 KB
      Views:
    • Informative Informative x 1