3000w Sealed Grow

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Sgt.Stedenko, Dec 29, 2010.

1. #1 Sgt.Stedenko, Dec 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2010
    What's up everyone, it's good to be back to unveil my new baby.

10x10x8 room (roughly) I built a small buffer room so that ate a small amount of square footage.
    3 - 1000w Ushio HPS lamps
    2- Nextgen 1000w Digital Ballasts
    1- Hydrofarm 1000w mag ballast

Sentinel CPPM-1 Co2 controller/monitor
    Sentinel electronic ignition Co2 burner (2 burners)

2 ton split AC unit
    70 pint Dehumidifier

2 botanicare 4x4 trays
    1 3x3 tray

53 plants total in 3 gal grow bags

Roots Organics Soil and Aurora Inovations Nutes - Master Program

40 Bubba x Master Kush (hand picked really strong pheno)

13 Lime Kush

All clones were transplanted into keg cups and all 53 went under an 8 bulb 4ft T5 setup for 12 days before being moved to 1000w HPS for an additional 10 days before they will be flipped to 12/12.

Well, as soon as my roomate was completely out I went to fucking town on the room. I lined the walls top and bottom horizontally with 2x4s. Over that went 6mil clear plastic, then veritcal 2x4s every 16 inches on center. Next came 3" insulation, then 6mil black and white poly using metal tape to secure all edges. In short, the room is air fucking tight. Can say enough about the AC unit, its badass, and surprisingly quiet outside.

One weird issue, which I think I can attribute to 20 bags of fresh organic soil, but the CO2 levels were through the roof without supplementing CO2 after transplanting into 3 gal bags. I calibrated my controller outside, it was dialed in, but as soon as 20 bags of organic soil went in the room, everything changed. The plants have been in the room under HPS for a week now and the CO2 levels have been steadily dropping, until they are now reading around 1300PPMs (still without my CO2 generator plugged in !) Never done a sealed room myself, but I have been in several and know several people running them, none of which have ever experienced this problem. The plants are LOVING whatever is going on, and if the CO2 levels keep coming down, which they appear to, I ll be pluggin the generator back in.

Check out some pics from tonight and i hope you all enjoy!

Sgt.Stedenko

2. shit cant upload photos...try again tomorrow.

3. Pics from this morning

Attached Files:

4. LOL! Dude, I'm loving it what you're doing! I get a charge out of these first class big grows. Good luck with it man. Here's to the best of growing :bongin::yay:

5. goods great. the only thing i would say is you should move your lights down at least a foot.

6. #7 Sgt.Stedenko, Dec 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2010

Haha thanks Possum, most appreciated.

Ive been steadily moving the lights down but this is the first time I've run light without air cooling them. There is a shit ton of air moving around in there and they are responding really well so far. Currently they are about 24-30 inches above the canopy, but I ll have a couple wall mounted fans blowing directly under the hoods by this weekend. They are suuuuuuper healthy, shit, I can barely wait for this one.

7. Oh and I appreciate your comments re: the hight of the hoods. I've been scared to lower them but I will give it a try after 6 when lights come back on and see how they do. Getting another dose of nutes tonight as well...good times.

Not sure if I mentioned I'm doing the entire Aurora Innovations line.

8. God damn that is a nice looking room man!! The bird is in the bush.

Lovin it, be carefull getting those 1000's too close to your plants

9. Hahahaha, yeah! That's how you set up a grow.

Subscrizzled.

10. What up Sam !?!

Bit different than the last time around eh? I make it a point in my life these days to only talk about big plans when I'm damn sure Im going to follow through. Have to admit my awesome fiance isnt SUPER stoked on the spare room being blowed up, but its paying for our rent and our wedding, so she doesnt make too much of a fuss haha.

Just to fill you in, most of you know Ive been planning this for about 3 months now, and I can't tell you how much of a blessing it was to have that much time to plan everything. I changed my mind 10 times on 10 different things, but i was able to dial in a solid plan beforehand and had everything ordered over a long period and brought in construction materials over a 3 week period as to not alert the neighbors to too much. Love having a non vented room, just makes me feel better knowing the smell and sound are 100% contained, shit you could stand right outside the room and you'd have no idea what was goin on in there. On my way in a few min to grab a can 66 scrubber for smell and particles in the air. One very strange thing that I didnt take into consideration....I absolutely REAK of dirt when I come out of my room. My clothes, my beard, everything reaks. So so so so strange, but not really an issue for me as long as the house dont stank.

Point being, save your money, spend the time and do it right....Goddamn this better work out well after this speach. Oh well, happy growin and happy new year everybody !!

Sgt. :cool:

11. LOL, man you can't be anything but successful with what you've done. Going first-class is the way to go. And keeping in the 'Sgt.' Stedenko tradition all the troops appear to be lined up, dress-right-dress! Awesome setup! I'm gonna rep you if I can and if I can't here's another reprep!

Happy New Years. Be safe!

12. Nice I like the set up good job:D

13. everything is looking amazing. im excited to see a big clean grow.

14. Well the CO2 levels seem to be under control, thank god. The ladies are comin along nicely, but I wish I wouldnt have taken the extra 13 Lime Kush clones. They will turn out ok Im sure, but the Master x Bubba's are looking amazing. Such dense growth, I can't wait to see how these babies stack up in a few weeks. They are currently in day 4 of flower, as I flipped them on 1/1/11, so maybe that will bring some extra good luck.

I hope you all had a good new year's and I ll post some more pics here soon.

Sgt.

15. Oh yeah, im subbed.

Looks like a well planned out room!:smoke:

16. Update: So I decided to go with a CAN 50 scrubber with an Oracle 6" 455 CFM fan attached. The dirt smell was gone the same day and you can just feel that the air in the room is different. Cant explain it, but shit it works great. The real test will be in 6 weeks when that room will be riiiiiiipe as hell.

The 13 lime kush are looking a bit better as well. I moved the AC leuvers (sp?) up a bit, as I noticed the cold air was blasting on top of that one tray. Perk up bitches !

Gettin real close to quittin my job once and for all...I have 2 other legit businesses besides the garden goin on and goin to my regular office job everyday is becoming a fucking nightmare. Couple more months and I walk in my office, give my director the finger, and laugh on my way to cash my last check. Fuck, I may even skip the whole way.

Keep growin...

Sgt.

17. Greetings Grasscity...

Day 5 of flower...

Got the Can 50 in there and a new floor mat weeeeeeeeeeeee. Ladies lovin the room, check it...I've also noticed that I use (...) a lot. Oh well, fuck it...

Attached Files:

18. Nice thread you got here.Im digging your setup and the quantity of plants.Gotta go big or go home.I have a question.How big does the plant get in a 3 gal grow bag and how much you think you can pull outta 3 gal grow bags?Its almost time for me to use my 3gal smart pots.It my first time going organic and using 3-5gal smart pots.

19. Oh man Stedenko! You got it going on so sweet bro! That's nice and ... use all of the ... ahem... elispsis you want! It's your thread baby! LOL! Looks really, really sick and sweet!