This will be my third grow. The first two were not very successful. The first one I was still figuring out what it really meant to be organic - hint, it's not Roots Organic or Fox Farm. The second grow round was with some really vigorous Pit Bull, but I am pretty sure I chopped a little earlier and I'm not confident the genetics were great to begin with. Here's my current setup:
Genetics - Femaleseeds Cinderella 99
- GRN Elements 60" x 48" x 24" Tent - $90 off of eBay
- 2x 10 gallon Smart Pots
- Using the SCRoG method. My screen will be 8-10" from the top of the medium. It will take up the entire tent.
Medicine Man Organics Soiless Growing Media - From Black Lake Organics in Olympia, WA. It's base is Sunshine #2 and is amended with: Premium Mineralized Worm Castings, Mycorrhizae, Archeobacteria, fish bone meal, fish meal, seabird guano, bat guano, rock phosphate, kelp meal, lime, dolomite, langbeinite, sulfate of potash, glacial rock dust, Azomite, volcanic rock dust, lignite, copper sulfate, zinc sulfate, and manganese sulfate.
Planned Feeding Schedule
- I have planted White Dutch Clover as a nitrogen affixing living mulch.
- I will also mulch with dead leaves.
- I have top-dressed with EWCs
- Every three waterings, I will create a botanical tea from comfrey, kelp, or alfalfa.
- Every four waterings, I will re-topdress with EWCs.
- For every watering, I will add 1/2tsp ProTekt per gallon.
- Before flowering I will apply an AACT.
- Once a week I will foliar feed with neem, silica, and aloe
- Once a week I will foliar feed with the alfalfa concentrate detailed in the "Botanicals" thread.
- 600W Digilux Metal Halide
- 600W Ushio High Pressure Sodium
- 18/6 during vegetative growth
- 12/12 during flowering
- 6" Carbon Air Scrubber + 440 CFM Inline Fan (eBay)
- 6" Aluminum Ducting
- 2x 6" Desk Fans for circulation
- Air is being sucked through the carbon filter. The path goes: scrubber, Cool Tube, fan, window. The scrubber is directly attached to the light.
- Passive Intake through 6" duct.
On my last round, I used 8 3gal SmartPots. After harvest, I left the stocks in to keep the root system living.This logic was kinda pulled from various sources, it definitely may not be valid. Yesterday, I cut the stalks out and transferred the medium (rootball and all) to the 10 gallon pots. My original idea was to go no-till in the 3 gallons, but this was pretty much killed after I transferred the medium. I plan to keep it going from this point. While transferring I mixed in some fresh EWCs and some "Nutrient Charge" from Black Lake Organics. The "Nutrient Charge" is all the amendments I listed previously in the Grow Medium section. I did not measure out how much of the charge or EWCs I mixed in, but I went on the lighter side as everything was already in the medium to begin with. When the pots were full, I top dressed with more of the charge and fresh EWCs. I sowed the clover seeds in the top 1/8-1/4" of the medium. Additionally, I watered with an AACT brewed with EWCs, molasses, kelp, alfalfa, soft rock phosphate, and fish hydrolysate.
Now I need to germinate the C99. I am unsure whether to start in smaller containers or to sow directly into the pots. What would you guys recommend?
Edited by Green_Manotaur, 02 July 2012 - 02:02 AM.