Nine Inch Nails

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Rollin'Stoned, Oct 29, 2008.

1. wow... i cant even tell you how much i love to listen to them high.

what you guys think about them?

favorite songs?

2. really??? when your high?

maybe some of the slower songs like 'the great below' or something would be good.

3. i personally enjoy Only, Closer, and Capital G.

they are pretty trippy though haha.

4. haha ok i'll try it one time.

5. :hello:

well, i like listening to NIN anytime, because NIN is my all time favorite. ive loved the music since i first heard pretty hate machine, then the downward spiral, as a kid, and i have an extensive collection of memorobilia thats always growing.

just to make a friendly correction here...

nine inch nails isnt a them. nine inch nails is a him. its just one guy, trent reznor. now if NIN is on tour, its a them, bc trent likes it that way. but the songs are written and composed by him, its his concept and he plays all the instruments, does all of the programming, recording, decides where it goes.

other people do contribute to trents work, and through the years there have been varying degrees of artistic as well as technical contributions from others.

but its trents art project, always has been.

:smoking:

6. "something I can never have" is a good song when your completely ripped and maybe a bit depressed

7. yeah i loved that one as a depressed teen. :rolleyes:

and i still do, thats my all time favorite record. period.

8. any of you OPs like The Smashing Pumpkins?

9. Is that a hi or bye?

10. #11 Goldmine, Feb 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2009
    it was an i like sp, but im not actually the op of this thread, i thought i was for a minute. sry im stoned.

EDIT: i had just jumpstarted the smashing pumpkins thread like 5 minutes before, so i thought you had seen that and were being clever, but for that to make sense, i wouldve had to be the op.

11. doesnt OP mean other posters,or orignal poster? Fuck Im high and confused
    But yea SPs are the shit,well were the shit.

12. yes, it does. me too.

13. NIN is fckin amazing.. well... i mean his old stuff is. anything after with teeth sucked. seriously, and im an avid fan.

but one of his better songs is. Right Where it Belongs.

hell when im high and listining to that.. i start thinking that is might be possible. that everything could be in my head and not real that is.

idk.. if you dont understand what im saying listen to that song.

14. You didn't even like Year Zero? That CD is amazing to me for 2 reasons- the fact that it's a concept album with an incredibly fascinating storyline, and the fact that the disk was heat sensitive :D

I'll be seriously upset if we don't get a second iteration of Year Zero before Trent calls it quits...such an awesome concept

15. year zero is brilliant. i love everything about it.

16. #18 Goldmine, Feb 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2009

with teeth is definitley his weakest album, but id still take it over anyone elses best. it was kind of a transitionary period, and everything since with teeth has been absolutley brilliant imo.

right where it belongs is awesome, and i agree that its quite thought provoking. on the 'beside you in time' concert dvd(halo 22), theres a fucking badass version of that track, and also a live version of beside you in time that completley destroys the album version. love that dvd.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaeIP1NiF1M"]YouTube - Right where it belongs[/ame]

17. I read somewhere that With Teeth was mostly about the problems he faced with drug addiction and stuff. It wasn't his best by far. What did get me into him hardcore was Year Zero. HOLY SHIT!

One night I was driving home and I put on Year Zero. I had been smoking a lot of weed so I was pretty high. I want to make a movie about the album because when I was high I saw them all interconnecting and telling the story (from the alternate reality game). Each track would have a different style of animation and would follow one person within that song until getting to the end where we'd meet the next character for the next track. In my mind, it was great. I love you MJ!

18. i have pondered making a nin thread for a while. but thats cool someone beat me to it:smoking:. nails have been my favorite since i was 12. i collected all the halos up until the last couple albums. lol i use to think trent was god. still kinda do. .have seen them 4 times throughout the years. my favorite song?.. shit where do i begin..
    mr. self destruct final
    hurt
    march of the fuckheads
    la mer
    into the void
    the wretched
    ruiner
    heresy
    everything off pretty hate machine
    .... i could literally go on and on

I FUCKING LOVE NIN:metal: