What do you think of my beats? Want Feeback Please!

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Dylan Dude, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Throw these on YouTube man. I can't listen to them on my phone.

2. Honestly i think your beats are pretty corny man. They all kinda sounded the same. No hate though cause i couldn't make a better one lol

3. not bad got that 3 6 mafia feel to em

4. I'll have to do that. But go get on a computer lol

thanks for taking a listen and being honest. Too bad you weren't feeling them. What kind of music do you listen to?

thanks man :) yeah people tell me that alot. I was definitely influenced alot by them

5. i listen to a lot of music, mostly reggae though. I think your beats are good, i just dont think they sound original......very typical southern hip hop style, but hey if thats what your into then i aint gonna bring ya down.

6. That's just the sound FL puts out, it's outdated and he's probably using samples it came with or old samples, as it has a very dated sound to it. But it's cool stuff, I don't really know hip hop from today or what sort of samples/programs are being used in the very commercial stuff but anything that is using samples or synths, etc. is going to have to be VERY modern because the industry moves very quickly and you can't have a dated sound.

7. yeah im definitely very influenced by southern style beats. That is just what im into lol Thanks for the feedback

I have to disagree here man. I never use the stock sounds that came with FL Studio. I use all downloaded vst's and soundfonts. coughee19 said he thought my beats had a "very typical southern hip hop style" to them, not "sounds like every fl studio beat". There's many producers who use fl studio. You can make all styles of music with it. Go listen to hopsin, he makes all his beats and he uses fl studio and they sound nothing like mine.

8. I have FL studio and have used it extensively in the past, it's just the way it goes it's a dated sound. Obviously if you had great samples yada yada you could get by, but I don't know anyone in studios using FL lol. I think it can fly a lot more in the genre you're doing though. But unless you're swapping samples with some of the major players behind the scenes who have gigantic sample libraries or creating sounds yourself you're stuck with downloaded vst's, etc. which have that sound. And I could listen to your stuff without you saying it was made in FL and I would guess sampling using FL, Ableton, etc. there's a specific sound with pro tools for one which has become an industry standard, but especially when it comes to anything electronic/sampled/etc.

And he said a few things, including that they don't sound very original, because they are samples that have been around. It's no offense.

9. thanks for the feedback man. So you're saying i should start looking for new sounds? I have been lazy on that lately

10. let me clear things up lol I did not say his sounds are dated i said music itself is very typical southern hip hop.... The typical high hat and snare rolls. +minor key. If he sat on some of the soft synths for a while he could definitely get original sounds, but What i would suggest is actually listening to different artists and genres that you haven't been into before, figure out what makes a certain style what is is, and try to incorporate it into what you do..... basically your songs will sound better if you up your songwriting game and learn a little bit of theory. Then you can focus on finding better sounds, samples, synths, whatever. apply that with your new writing skills and your stuff should come out sounding fat.

I'm not too familiar with FL or Ableton, but maybe look into a new DAW? Logic is definitely great for midi sequencing and comes stock with a bunch of different soft synths. I dont know anything about Abelton, but i feel like its a step up from FL. I find that Reason is really awesome for new sounds too and has a lot of good stock samples etc. you can definitly get some crazy shit going using the Combinator lol

I enjoy working with audio the most and some times dont have the patience for midi, so i stick to Pro Tools

11. Nobody was saying that's what you said coughee, I explained why I felt anyone would say things such as it does not sound original, etc. just my food for thought

It depends, are you just practicing? Are you putting vocals to them? Or are you wanting to produce people with your own productions? If you want to be producing beyond your home & hopefully full time, or composing or whatever, you would probably eventually need to spend quite a bit of money to obtain a nice library, most guys I know don't share theirs unfortunately, along with a nice setup or access to one and then of course the most important part is just putting together something that people buy, if people will buy what you have now then you are set, these are all just my thoughts and stuff you don't need to be updating your sounds if that's not the point you're at

12. Thanks for the advice. I'll try listening to some other genres. And possibly give Reason a try.

No i'm definitely beyond practicing. And yes i've put vocals over them. Me and my friends do that for fun. I've also made a few remixes(putting other rappers acapellas over my beats). My goal is to sell beats to rappers for a job

13. Well, there's already a billion beats out there for download if an artist is just trying to get their lyrics/vocals out there or make a mixtape or whatever, not to mention it's not hard to do themselves, there's a million "producers" online with their home studios doing similar stuff, there's old out of copyright material that can be used, there's people that have actual credits and setups they can pay a few thousand to. It's very competitive, you have to have some sort of separation. If you can make it just composing stuff and selling it off, that's awesome, but I don't think there's many people doing that beyond people who are composing for a few shows/film and you have to be able to compose a lot of genres to do that in a very short time frame, plus have the connects.

If you aren't doing the beats for yourself to rap to you're pretty much stuck filling a producers role cause like I said I imagine it's going to be hard to just compose, and that means you have to do everything and do it really well and be able to stand out above the rest if you want to attract anyone with any talent, and you won't go anywhere without a rapper/singer with talent. Or of course there's the artists like Skrillex, where you can find some sort of inbetween.

Just stuff to think about, I know it'd be nice to just make music and the rest fall in place but everyone else has the same idea.

14. I'm feeling 262 more than any of the others, seriously man do you, don't copy these wack trap producers, they ain't dick.

15. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jL6lkQ5bjcA&feature=related]Pyramid Head first encounter - YouTube[/ame]