How can I become a better rapper!!?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Gekko, Aug 17, 2011.

1. #1 Gekko, Aug 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2011
    Hi everyone! I have started rapping within the last month and putting the videos on youtube. Just give me any feedback/advice on flow, delivery, lyrics, anything that you think would make me a better rapper, it all helps, Thanks! It is all appreciated! Thanks! Happy toking :smoke:

Also ANYONE who makes beats, feel free to send me them and i will use them if i like them and put your name on it!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inhQO_T_54c&feature=related]Hardly Workin' - dKay prod by McBeatsy - YouTube[/ame]

more music!!!
    \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/

2. Not bad, not bad. Especially if you've only been rapping for a month or so. Flow is solid, seems a little rushed in places, but that gets fixed as you continue to make tracks and write. You'll learn where to take out a word or two, or add one to perfect the flow. Delivery isn't bad, either. You get confidence with time, too. Just have no second thoughts that you're dope as fuck, and the delivery will come.

Lyrics are good, as well. Try to use a few more multi's. I heard a good amount of them, which is dope. I use them every line, so it's hard for me to not hear them, but some people never use them at all. Find a balance that works for you.

And last, I'd like to hear you rock over an underground beat. Something DJ Premier/Necro/Stoupe/RZA. Post it after you do it! :wave:

3. way better then i expected

4. thanks guys! and could you give me an example of some of the beats you would like to see me use? Id be down to use any beat for a supporter!

5. Hmm. I'd like to hear you over ANY Necro beat..youtube will solve that problem.

Or Watch Your Back by Dj Premier.

6. those guys make some chill ass beats bro! i like it, i will start writing now and ill post some new stuff on this thread in a day probably, thanks

7. If you've only been rapping for a month, I think you're going to become a better rapper on your own man. Like anything else, the more hours you invest in doing it the better you get. You're not a master until you've spent 10,000 hours rapping/freestyling. ;)

I liked your song by the way. It's not bad at all.

8. Thanks man! People like you keep me rapping, the feedback really helps. Do you have anything specific i should work on in my rapping?