Good rap music?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Brandon9967, Jan 18, 2005.

1. Here lately I have really been digging rap music. But I only know of a few good songs to listen too. I like the stuff that isn't all about popping people in the head or killing, etc. Eminem, R. Kelly, Nelly, etc. I just like the stuff that is loose and has good beats. Can anyone give me some songs I need to check out?

2. BONE THUGS!!!!!!!!! Its the total rap group for the average pot smoker.

Good songs... lets ride & get high, no surrender, ecstacy, crossroads.

I think this is what you are looking for.

3. i like alot of the stuff from T.I.
    kanya west is pretty good. along with lloyd banks and jadakiss. thats my favorites

4. Looking good so far. If you don't mind, please pick out some good personal favorites as far as certain songs. We listened to some last night and one song started out with "Seems so thick..." but I don't know who it was. It sucks.

5. I dont know if you would consider it rap music but Nelly did a song with Tim Mcgraw and it is actually a good song. Its called "over and over".

6. i listen to alot of hip hop. i got about 14.25 gb of music and 10 is hip hop.

i listen to alot of cage, jedi mind tricks, mobb deep, heltah skeltah (sean price), wu-tang (all members), braille, nas, copywrite '78, shyheim, anticon, immortal technique, dipset, atmosphere, and just mostly all kinds of different hip hop.

depends what kind of hip hop style you like then i can give you a different answer

7. I like songs by little wyte, they are all drug related too.. lol he doesnt have too many songs so whatever you see by him just try it out. Oxycontin is probably one of his better songs, or acid, or my smokin song.

I personally like ying yang twinz, they are so upbeat.. good for being a happy stoned.

8. talib kweli, immortal technique, ill bill, sage francis

9. That happens to be one of my favorite songs. That's the kind of music I want. R. Kelly did a song called I Wish, and I like it A LOT. Probably the best rap song I have heard yet. Couple weekends ago we listened to some Snoop and it was fucking great, but I don't know what songs we listened too.

10. lil keke, esg, high & mighty, weathermen, 50/50 twin, lil mario, south park mexican, brotha lynch hung

11. that song has alot to do with this girl i really like and hooked up w/ alot but never actually dated, and shit the song totally mimics about my relationship w/ this gir, i used to love the song but i cant listen to it now cuz it brings back bad memmories, but its a good song

12. some of you guys have no clue of what rap is. its digusting. ying yang twins? nelly? ti? please.

13. we're saying rap that doesnt have to do with all that guns violence gang shit..

14. for rap i like Dr. Dre, Snoop dogg, Bone thugz, Biggie smalls, Aesop Rock, Necro,

15. I like atmosphere, anticon, and jedi mind tricks. Pretty good stuff and not all about guns and violence and shyte.

16. cage- agent orange
    cage and el-p- oxycontin part 2
    non phixion featuring necro- there is no future
    goretex- the art of dying
    shyheim featuring big l- furious anger
    leak bros- dead
    jedi mind tricks- retalition
    jedi mind tricks featuring canibus- tibetan black magicians
    jedi mind tricks featuring sean price- beyond the gates of pain
    heltah skeltah- soldiers gone psycho
    weathermen- 5 left in the clip
    cannibal ox- iron galaxy
    cannibal ox- raspberry fields
    cannibal ox- straight off the d.i.c.
    ras kass- kiss u
    wu-tang clan- da mystery of chessboxin'
    wu-tang clan- c.r.e.a.m
    gza featuring ghostface, killah priest and rza- 4th chamber
    gza- liquid swords
    nas- the message
    gang starr featuring inspectah deck- above the clouds
    mobb deep- the start of your ending
    jay-z- can i live?
    kmd- what a niggy know
    madvillian- all caps
    madvillian- figaro
    mf doom- doomsday
    mf doom featuring kurious- ?
    ghostface killah featuring raekwon- apollo kids

random songs

17. your a idiot and don't know anything about hip hop with that stereotype

18. dude no shit...you say I Wish is one of the best rap songs you ever heard-that would be in the r&b category that is not rap at all it's a disgrace to all of rap to say that I Wish is the best rap song you've ever heard

Ying Yang are funny but yeah TI sounds the same on every song and Nelly used to be tight...sweat and suit i don't know what happened there

when you said a Snoop song i hope it isn't the new one with Pharell called Let's Get Blown, because if that's the shit you're into then you wanna go down the mainstream road and check out like G Unit, Chingy, and Ludacris...not real good examples of rap they're the ones who make the songs people want to hear not true shit

what you want is the real lyrical people

Nas, Talib Kweli, Common, Big L, Brother Lynch(whoever said that before knows what up), <i'm not really into these guys but they're real good lyricists, Lil Wyte is a real good lyricist but a lot of his shit is just about jackin people and shit

and then there's a lot of single songs by a lot of artists...

Yukmouth - I Love Dro
    Yukmouth - Puffin Lah
    Do or Die - Po Pimp
    Do or Die - Just Ballin
    SPM - Rollin
    Lil Wyte - Smoke My Dro
    Nas - Ether
    Talib Kweli - Waitin For the DJ (real old)
    Brother Lynch - Season of Da Sickness

there's a few suggestions

19. I'm not the one who asked for rap without that stuff, it was the person who made this topic. We just named some that dont have to do with guns and shit, as he asked.

20. I have an entire list dedicated to songs about mj or just good songs to chill to. This will take me a long ass time to type, so appreciate it!

KMK (kottonmouth Kings for those who don't know what KMK is)
    Afroman - Because I Got High, Crazy Rap
    Bone Thugz N Harmony - Weed Song
    Bootsy Collins - Light it Up
    Bounty Killer - Smoke the Herb
    Coolio - In love with Mary Jane
    Cypress Hill - Hits From The Bong, Mary Jane
    Fishbone - I'm a Weed plant
    Gansta Boo - High off that weed
    George Clinton - US Custom Coast Guard Dope Dog
    Method Man/Redman - How High part II
    Krayzie Bone - Smokin budda
    Luniz, Too $hort, Richie Rich - Th official Weed Smoking Song
    Marilyn Manson - I don't like the drugs
    Mr. Lif - Smokin Marijuana
    Mr. Pookie - Sokin Marijuana
    Mystikal - I Smell Smoke
    Necro - I neeed Drugs
    People Under The Stairs - Acid Raindrops
    Phunk Junkees - Weed War
    Scarface - My Block
    South Park Mexican - Rollin, Mary Jane, two joints
    Sweatshop Union - Don't Mind Us
    Trick Daddy - Weed Song
    Master P - Smoking green
    Vanilla Ice - Tha Weed Song
    ZZ Top - Cocaine
    Ludacris - Blueberry Yum Yum
    Do or Die - Smoke My Weed
    Jello Biafra - Marijuana Motherfucker
    Nice N Smooth - Sometimes I Rhyme Slow
    Wu-Tang - Reunited
    Big L and Canibus - Freestyle over necro
    Immortal Technique - Dance with the Devil
    KMK - Bump, High Soiety, 4-2-0, Life Rolls On, Peace Not Greed, he Joint, So High, First Class, King's blend, etc..etc............etc......

ALL Good Songs!:smoke: