Club clone speaker box grow

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by OperationKush, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Alright so I am trying to start a speaker box grow with clones i will get from a collective, this is my first grow andI have been trying to do my research but still feel a bit lost on the whole thing, any and all input would be greatly appreciated. Has anyone done this? How long should i veg if its already a nice clone? what kind of light cycles should i start with? etc etc...

2. depends how long do you want to veg, what kinda lights are you going to use, what about cooling, and light proofing , how big is the speaker box? if you have any pics it would be very helpful

3. [​IMG]Ok so the speaker is about 2' tall, 1' wide, and 71/2" deep,[​IMG] Thats the inside of it gutted
    [​IMG]
    Where im going to put the fans, I think one as intake one as exhaust keeps it pretty cool, havent tested the temp to be certain yet could always switch them but i need a way to lightproof without tampering with the outside of the speaker yet still let airflow through. I'm going to run a power strip across the top with 3 cfl's so far i have 3 60watt 900 lumen 2700k because i've read that you can plant a clone and basically go straight to 12/12 not sure so input is always nice, I could get the 6500k's for vegging but might just try straight flowering with some lst first to see what happens...let me know what you all think. Thanks for checking it out

4. this is the same exact type of speaker im starting in a couple days.

5. Post pics if you dont mind, interested in seeing your layout...

6. looks good, I'd like to see a full stack Guitar Amp Cab grow

Veg cab up top, flower cab on the bottom.... :metal:

7. nice concept. I might add one more intake fan at the lower speaker grill cover. nothing against those fans, but they are really small and won't move a whole lot of air, especially with the mesh in front, you'd be surprised how much that impedes air flow. But anything is better than nothing. Usually u want to have the exhaust fans at the top blowing out the hot air that collects higher up in rooms; so maybe add another intake fan down lower at the speaker grill cover?

You might be okay with just 3x60w CFLS, but theres no way they are only 900 lumens, more like twice that actually. You should be fine going 12/12 with 2700k, you don't have too much room for vertical growth anyway which is what veg is all about.

One more suggestion, I would coat the inside of that box with some type of flat white paint, preferable flame retardant. that wood will just soak up so much of the light when it could be reflecting it. if you do that, you should definitely be okay with only using 180 watts of CFL. look into LST and supercropping to try to spead the canopy to fill the whole box and keep things low. With only an overhead light source you dont want the taller tops blocking most of the light from the lower nodes.

8. Thanks for the advice, Yeah i think i am actually going to make both top fans for exhaust and maybe leave a bit of the bottom hole uncovered for some passive intake, from what i hear intake isnt too crucial. I just put mylar all over the inside for reflectiveness will post pics soon, I'm trying to get it basically set up before too many pics. I will do LST, havent heard much about supercropping so will look more into it

9. only thing about mylar is that it also traps the heat. it would be like walking around on a hot day wearing a trash bag under your clothes. lol. better for bigger grow spaces where you really need to reflect the light and have ample space for cooling. worth a shot, but I would go w/ the flat white instead. the wood can at least act as a heat transfer then.

10. im running at about 83-84 temp.. with about the same speaker.how are you planning from keeping the light from leaking thru the mesh type screen on the front?

11. I may switch to the white paint if i cant regulate temps properly, To cover the mesh i just put the mylar over it, for the top fans though i think i might just put like a pantyho over the fans to block some light but where it will be doesnt get light really so i figured just turn the mesh side towards the wall or something to light cant reach it...unless there are better idea out there

12. So it's looking like the mylar is indeed keeping the heat in, last test was 90 something degrees...wayyyy too hot, so im trying one more test if it doesnt work it looks like i'll be switching to white paint and testing that

13. You need to get another intake fan in there

14. I could maybe put one in the bottom speaker hole, but idk how to cover the fans so light isnt getting out/in because they are along the mesh speaker face..any ideas?

15. maybe add some ducting or pvc that leads to somewhere dark but can still pull fresh air.

16. Ok so i figured out all my lighting problems, i kept the mylar, i have a 100w and a 75w cfl 2700k each lights, the temps are highs are like 72-74 lows are 64. humidity is about 52%, just put in a lemon kush clone and am going straight to flowering no veg, so 12/12 right away. Will be doing LST and i guess we will see what happens haha