Hazin's first PC grow - CFL - GOD BUD(PICS)

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Blazinhazin22, Jun 11, 2011.

1. This will be my absolute first grow. I built my box from scratch and took me hours of time so i hope it does the trick..

I'm pretty proud of it so im posting up a bunch of pics. I'll keep that up as long as i get some subscribes and advice.. tannkss

my box dimensions are about 24" x 24" x 6.5"
    Growing some GODBUD i picked up from a local supplier

im using 3x 23 watt CFL's, 1600 lumens each, 6500k daylight bulbs
    I haven't decided if ill be switching out 2 of them for 2700k's for flowering or switching out all 3... any input on that would be grreattt!

i need to figure out my SOIL TONIGHT and pick it up tomorrow cuz i have my seeds germinating as we speak (2x in paper towel on plate saran wrapped between a heat pad)...??

as much help is possible will help me become a better, more experienced grower and then i soon can help you newbies, as i have been already.

MY BOX IS SICKKK

:wave:

Attached Files:

2. Fox Farm Light Warrior for seedlings and Ocean Forest for the rest of the plant's life.

3. You can use Ocean Forest for seedlings. Just make sure to not fed nutes for a good 2-2.5 weeks.:)

4. #4 greenbudguy, Jun 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I usually always use FFOF soil for clones and only the past 2 of 3 in last cloning batch got slight nutes burn. Wasn't too bad but I think I'll at least be flushing the soil a little with some RO water

5. Yeahh, FFOF soil is the best I've use so far. On another note, I'd advise OP to somehow fit another power strip in the pc case...Add another 3-4 bulbs...?

6. #6 Blazinhazin22, Jun 11, 2011
    Thanks for the help. I think I'll just do it proper and get both, what do you think?? I payed a hundy for 12 non-fem. Im being conservative. What's RO water? Lol

Huh, OP? Are you recommending more bulbs?

I'm picking up a thermometer and soils tmrw. Seems nutes are almost a must in a micro.

One step at a time, still waiting on the seeds to bust.

Tankss fo the help guys.

7. OP = original poster, which is you :) With CFLs you want to have as many bulbs are you can fit..the more light the better and bigger the buds.

Oh and nutes are a MUST for any grow:D whether you go organic or not, definitely a must...

8. #8 Blazinhazin22, Jun 11, 2011

Im going to try and add a forth bulb, splice off the third one. Do you think it's worth the hassle really? I mean I don't mind but will it make that much of a diff?!

I can't find any foxfarm here in Canada.. Any other recommendations?

9. Hydro.

Get some rockwool, reverse osmosis or distilled water, a bottle of FloraNova Bloom, and you're set.

Feed your plant 4ml of Bloom per gallon of distilled water for the first 4 weeks, twice per day with pure water in between. Step up to 8ml per gallon after that. Still twice per day with water in between. Simple as that. Questions?

10. god bud is such a divine strain! cant wait to see this

11. #11 Blazinhazin22, Jun 11, 2011
    I don't think ima make this a hydro grow... Unless I find the stuff I need at the hardware store. But dirt is the route I will most likely go.

What kinda dirt do I use for the seedling? Its about to pop and I need to move fast.

12. be careful with that case, not very good airflow when using it as a PC, keep watch on that

13. So I picked up some soil.. What do you guys think..

Attached Files:

14. Time release ferts, and not enough food to make it all the way, you're going to have to supplement

15. #15 Blazinhazin22, Jun 11, 2011
    You mean because I have the front side on and it's covering the fan?

16. #16 Blazinhazin22, Jun 11, 2011
    I needed anything. So I picked something for the seedlings, I'll still probably transplant. I picked that because it seemed pretty neutral...

17. Sounds good

18. #18 420smurf420, Jun 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2011
    no the way the case is designed the airflow is really bad, i'd add another PC fan or two is you have the room, one other concern is do you have enough room for your lights with the side pannel on it , looks like the lights might hit the top of the side pannel, or do you have that figured out and there is enough room already

19. #19 Blazinhazin22, Jun 11, 2011
    The lights fit just perfect. Im adding a forth one I think today. Also, I was kinda worried about the airflow. It seems to pull a good amount of air out. It's going to be in a basement which is cool mostly all year. I still need to get a thermo to see what temps I'm sitting at.

20. i have a pic of the thermometer i'm using it cost around 5 bucks at wally world, works great plus tells the humidity, best 5 bucks i have ever spent

Attached Files: