it came to me while smoking

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by 420smurf420, Jun 4, 2011.

1. has any one heard of using an aquarium air pump to pump cool fresh air to the bottom of the plant's leaves, any benefits to this or would it just be a waste power and space

2. Do you have an exhaust? If you do then there is fresh air being pulled into the grow room. It is called passive intake. You don't really need to pump fresh air in.

3. i have both intake and exhaust fans, and a crossblowing 6 incher on one side, just a thought to get air directly to the bottoms of the leaves

4. I keep a fan blowing towards the plants to keep them strong and cool

5. i have one blowing across the plant, so i got that covered. tomorrow i will post pics of my from to show my grow box

6. #6 greenbudguy, Jun 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Sweet. I can take notes. I'm having a bit of a heat problem with my trunk grow. I'm going to try and get some work done on it tomorrow. I'm going to drill a bunch of passive intake holes on the side opposite the exhaust fan to try and keep exhaust from being recycled in too soon before cooling

7. i have 6 80 mm fans and a 6 inch fan planning on getting one or two 4 inch fans not sure temp is around 80 to 83 for a high during light and stays bout 60 to 65 for a dark temp

8. #8 greenbudguy, Jun 4, 2011
    Nice that's pretty good! Mine is about 85 during light hours. I keep it opened tho. I can't close it or the temps will be way too high. Gave heat stroke to one of my girls

9. i will give pics of my set up and my idea, and will keep posted how it works

10. #10 greenbudguy, Jun 4, 2011
    Sweet that'd be great! Can give me some ideas

11. on thing i can think of is adding a couple more PC fans and maybe a 6 incher or two( if your talken bout your temp. prob)

12. #12 greenbudguy, Jun 4, 2011
    I was thinking about drilling a lot of holes for passive intakes on the side opposite the exhaust

13. ok GC heres some pics of my box and my plant, 18/6 right now and next friday going to 12/12

Attached Files:

14. #14 420smurf420, Jun 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2011
    started LST today, had a power outtage the other day so was in the dark for 36 hours,hopefully that wont screw any thing up, on 24 hour time for a day to regain my light cycle, tell me what you guys think bout how it's going

Attached Files:

15. Are you going to keep them on 24 hours from now on?

16. possible for a short time longer not sure, i may just start the 12/12 schedule tonight when i shut the lights off

17. #17 greenbudguy, Jun 5, 2011
    You want to be careful with changing the light schedule so much. Can cause some stress on them

18. i'm aware of that, thats why it's on 24 hour light after the power went out for 36+ hours, thats why i may just go to a 12/12 schedule tonight, so i don't have to worry bout stressing it because of switching the lights to much

19. #19 greenbudguy, Jun 5, 2011
    That's true. I'm sure it'll be fine

20. so am i just gotta make up for lost light time, any ways it's bout 2 weeks old, the last pics i took were this morning, will continue to post more each day or every other day to show progress, any suggestion on any ways i could make my box better? besides adding another fan or two?