4-55watt CFLs and Autoflowers

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by brickkmklife, Jun 1, 2011.

1. #1 brickkmklife, Jun 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2011
    i have a small closet grow with 4 55watt CFLs 2700K growing autoflowering strains. Dinafems' RoadRunner1 and LowRyder's Easy Ryder. here is the Dinafem Roadrunner. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WHsKau1U6c"]www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WHsKau1U6c[/ame]
    The yield on the RoadRunner was almost three times more than the Easy Ryder. Tomorrow Attitude's Summer Promo starts and im gonna order a 3 pack of RoadRunner from Dinafem and i'll qualify for the 10 free seeds, the 2 UFO's and Dinafems free Critical + giveaway. i'll be getting 16 great seeds for about 60 bucks US. Cant beat it!!!

2. #2 greenbudguy, Jun 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Nice! If I had $60 I would too. Stupid rent...

3. You're going to veg with 2700k CFLs? 6500k CFLs are the ones for vegging

4. Ruderalis plants have a very small veg window. In fact, most autoflowering plants just skip the veg stage if I recall correctly.

5. #5 greenbudguy, Jun 2, 2011
    O okay. Sorry. Never grew an autoflower before. Saves you money on having to buy two kinds of bulbs haha

6. Correct - no vegging on Autos.

plants looking great tho

7. autoflowers dont necessarily have a 'veg' cycle, altho 6500K will work. there is no need for veg lights in autoflowers unless u want to.

8. #8 brickkmklife, Jun 2, 2011
    wrong line i tried to quote. sorry

9. yes you are correct sir, autoflowers have a virtually non existant veg window. it takes only 3 weeks b4 they show their sex. thanks for the kind words and thanks for helping explain to the others about autoflowers. Keep'm Green, Keep'm Danky! later bro:smoke:

10. That's pretty awesome. Can you keep an auto from flowering? In case you wanted her to grow larger and veg more

11. #11 akhans, Jun 2, 2011
    Nope. Because of this, you can't clone them either. They can even flower in 24/0.

12. #12 greenbudguy, Jun 2, 2011
    That kinda sucks.... I like my bagseeds. Sucks when I get males but its fun to guess which are which :)

13. in my experience the males always outgrow the female's exponentially. the reason for this is that MJ has no natural pollen transferers (bugs bees etc). therefore, the male must get much taller in order to cast his pollen in the wind and hope it lands on a lower female. (This is not an exact science, but in my experience, the tallest ones in VEG are usually your Males)

14. #14 greenbudguy, Jun 3, 2011
    I had the same experience and I remembered reading that in the bible but I had one that was short, lots of branches, and I swear was going to be female but it grew balls not pistils. Overall tho, males do tend to be larger

15. on the short plant did it have only pollen sacks, or did it have buds with pollen sacks? if it had buds with pollen sacks, you had an experience with a Hermaphrodite. Some people will use colloidal silver to 'Hermaphrodite' a female plant in order to use the pollen to make seeds with a seperate healthy female. This is one method of making 'Feminized' Seeds. I have used the colloidal silver method and i can vouch that it works. 100% of the seeds that germinated were female. i had about an 80% germ rate. i hope this helps growers with their seed stocks! it will if you let it!

16. #16 greenbudguy, Jun 3, 2011
    So you made your own fem seeds?

17. yes, a friend and i made fem'd seeds with colloidal silver that we made also. the CS was so thick it was black, we foiler sprayed the donor mother 3 times during the first 3 weeks of flower. worked great!!!

18. im looking to by some autoflowering seeds and im wondering what lighting cycle you use for them? do you keep it high like 18-6 but with the flowering lights instead of veg lights?

also are there any changes to what nutrients you use and at what time you use them? im going to be buying fox farm products(i lucked out and the little garden nursery in my podunk town carries them;)

any other pointers would be great as well

19. its best to follow the instructions provided on Attitudes site. From my experience, most auto's grow best indoors under 20 hours of light from day 1. Veg spectrum lights can be used if you want but are not necessary. i myself do not use veg lights at all. i run 4-55 watt CFLs at 2700K. This is more than enough for my small cycle of autoflowers i run. i grow 3 at any one time. i start one on every 1st of the month and in return, harvest one every month. ( roughly 1 per month because indoors under 20 hours they will usually grow 75 days as opposed to outside and 60 days due to not enough light). my fav strain and also one of the easiest to grow due to its hybrid vigour is Lowryder Seeds 'Easy Ryder' i absolutely love this strain, and its been out quite a while, its an oldschool OG autoflower in every sense of the word. Nutrient requirements are minimal. go easy! you will typically have 3 weeks from seed till it 'sexes' and you want 2 weeks at the end to flush the nutrients, there isnt a huge window there to feed so be careful. Peace and Pipes :smoke:

20. thanks for the info