trunk CFL grow box

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by greenbudguy, May 22, 2011.

1. I've been building and getting the temps right. I bought my clone today and the three little guys are clones from a buddy of mine. The big clone I got at the dispensary and its a kryptonite. Two of the small ones are indica hybrids and a duckfoot clone from a plant I had asked about on here. He gave me a clone of it because I thought it was so strange. I'm going to make it into a mother and take clones. I'm going to veg in here for now while I finish up the lighting in the closet and then I'll use the trunk for flowering. I'm going to keep two mothers in my closet and clone repeatedly, veg a week or two, and put into flowering. I have a couple more tube florescent bulbs I'm putting in soon and a couple more CFLs. Temps around 80, using Fox Farm Ocean Forest and Fox Farm nutes trio.

Attached Files:

2. excited to see the beautiful buds of that "strange clone"

3. This looks nice, my girlfriend and I are looking into something similar.

4. Sweet setup dude! How many watts are u planning on putting in?

5. #5 greenbudguy, May 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    The "duckfoot" clone? Me too! I'm going to turn her into a mother. I might try breeding a clone to get more duckfoot seeds.

6. #6 greenbudguy, May 22, 2011
    It was really fun setting up and not too expensive. Fans, lights, fixtures, must have been around $100 including the $45 for the trunk

7. #7 greenbudguy, May 22, 2011
    I'm going to try and get over to the hardware store if I have time and a few extra $$$ but I might wait a week or two for more lights. I'm going to probably pick up a couple and then more in a bit

8. I'm going to keep the kryptonite as a bonsai. I'm going to veg her for a few weeks to get her established and strong, top her, and make her into a bonsai mother. I'll take a few clones at a time and flower the clones. After a few cloning cycles, I'm going to flower her and get a different clone and repeat :)

9. So my girl and I decided to switch mothers. One of my bagseed plants is growing bushier and strong and has a lot of branches that will make good clones and is shorter and even looks like a bonsai

Attached Files:

10. I added two more CFLs so I'm running 138watts for the mother. I also have three little clones that I'm waiting to root. They seem to be doing great. They look like they might Have taken root already. I'm going to do some LST on her this weekend and then let her veg until the plants in my closet are all harvested. Probably another month or so.

11. Suggestions?

12. Pulling up a chair

13. Haha sweet. Not much to update today. The clones seem to be doing well. The tips are yellowing slightly along the edges of the cut leaves but they always do that. The newer growth is green and growing. The mother is doing well too but she seems to be a little droopy. Not much at all but just some of the leaves are a little curled. I'm going to check her root system when I get home tonight to check to make sure she isn't root bound. I have a bigger pot if she is so no worries there. I don't think its from the temps because they are between 75 and 82 which is safe for vegging. She is getting FF trio for nutes which she'll be getting tonight. I'll update with some pics when I feed her tonight and I'll also do a soil test to make sure the levels are safe

14. Here is my trunk and my young ladies. The largest is doing well. The leaves seem to be stiffening up more and less droopy

Attached Files:

15. The mother smells so good. She fills the bedroom with a sweet smell. I don't even worry about trying to stop it. I am not using any odor control for either of my grows because I love the smell

16. Where did u get the hanging light fixture at bro? I need something like that!

17. #17 greenbudguy, May 26, 2011
  18. #18 greenbudguy, May 26, 2011
  19. #19 imwright9, May 26, 2011
    NICE! I love gc! I wouldn't even know where to start without this community, thanks for the info

20. #20 greenbudguy, May 26, 2011
    Fosho! They are exactly like the ones at pet stores but like 1/4 price. I think they were $6 each. I've got 4 or 5 in my closet and one in the trunk. They work really well and have different sizes too