First Grow - Hydroponic Grow Box Build

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by WafflesMcBong, Mar 20, 2011.

1. Whats up GC just wanna say thanks for all the useful info the members post on the topic
    After reading alot and stumbling upon this PC grow idea im hooked.
    so i decided to build my own setup and get things rolling.
    i will be adding alot of photos along the way so stay tuned,
    any imput or suggestions are much appreciated!

What im working with?
    NZXT GAMMA ATX Steel Chassis
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The first thing I did was completely gut the inside. and install intake fan and rear exhaust fan.
    [​IMG]

Rear Exhaust fan
    [​IMG]

Intake fan
    [​IMG]

I then lined the entire inside with aluminum tape for the first layer of light protection, being that this is going to be a super stealth mission....i figured this was important.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Front Cover Lightproofed.
    [​IMG]

2. -Update-

Tonight I will be making light traps for the fans and i will also be making fixtures for the cfl lights to screw into. I will post pictures later on tonight of the progress.

3. Keep up the good work. Hurry up I want to see more pictures :]

4. I can already tell this is going to be another superb setup haha

5. Looks like you are off to a great start!

6. ok so heres a quick update
    let me know what you think of the setup now
    nothing is permanent yet i just mocked it up to get
    an idea of how im wanting it to look..

first thing i did was make the light trap for the intake fan and created a fixture for two of the CFL's
    [​IMG]

Then installed them both
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Notice the green wire...thats a ground..should i use that kind of cord for the lights or just a two prong cord, like a extension cord fan? kinda stumped on that one any imput would be mucho appreciated!

Two of the CFL's on finally!
    [​IMG]

7. also sorry for the huge photos...
    havent figured out the thumbnail option yet hah

8. Will it actually be worth it to go with a hydroponic setup in a pc case or just go soil?
    If so what would you guys recommend as a good soil to use? Idk yet...i really like the idea
    of the hydro though..

9. looks awesome. gonna be awesome.
    what plants are you planning on working with?

oh, and what method did you use to take the drive racks out so smoothly? ^^

10. Thank you sir

Not really sure what the exact strain is but i managed to only find 2 seeds from this half of dro i got, was some danky dank...figured since this is my first grow there will be those dreaded mistakes that we regret..altough i feel i can pull this off

If all goes well with this grow my next one will prob. be either northern lights or white widow...not sure yet...open to all suggestions for a nice indica blend..

Im actually gonna get off here now to go find mylar so i can finish lining the inside
    and im also going to pick up the materials to make my hydroponic setup..
    Super stoked and cant wait to get this going!

there will be another update later on tonight once I get everything working!
    its sure to be badass so stay tuned..

11. Wow this is truly an amazing set up so far! Great job man. I was looking at that pc case today because I want to do a stealth grow, but I think I'm gonna use this decent sized speaker cabinet I have :p can't wait to see your progress; hopefully the setup I am about to make will be of comparable quality!

One question - how much have you spent/do u plan to spend on the project?

12. If ur thinking indica, I'd definitely recommend the Cheese from GHSeeds. Worked great for me, very resistent plant, easy to train and fuckin class A smoke with great yield. I'm growing 2 sativas now, first time in a PC-box, we'll see how it goes.

13. Right on.. i was thinkin about a speaker box too actually but thought the pc would be more stealth..so far i have only spent about $70 and technically it is grow ready, given that it would be pot and soil right now...really conisdering making this strictly hydro though.

I picked up everything to do a nice hydroponic setup yesterday for under $20, res., pump, airstone, valves & tubing and what not. The only problem I ran into was the container i got for the res was about an inch to wide and wont fit in the pc. Cant seem to find a nice sized container that would make for a good 2 plant setup.

Anyone with any imput on this would be great.

14. Hell yea thats what im talkin about..how much would you say they yeild per plant? This is prob. only gonna be a two plant max setup. This will only be my first grow and it will be in a pc also so im gonna take a couple seeds i found in a bag of dro n try that as a trial run. Then i will order those good seeds. Thanks for the suggestion though.

15. I did 2 plants too, under a 250w HPS lamp, I scored 95g-s from them at harvest, but I kinda couldn't wait till the end of flowering and lost about another 20 grams from the total achieveable. also, I had space issues (height...) and I had to keep them short. after 5 weeks of flowering it just looks soooo yummy you can barely control yourself, but it's worth it to wait out the total 9 weeks... booyaaaa

16. 95 net weight, that is (dried out)

17. Thats whats up. Im gettin excited already ill b sittin there droolin lookin at those buds haha
    Cant wait

18. are you germing already?

19. I was thnkin bout going ahead and growing with the decent bagseed i have with soil
    after i get the hang of the first crop then order some good seeds and then do the hydro setup
    but i would really prefer to just have the hydro done before i start actually growing.

what would u say?

20. 95g? from a pc or a full sized operation? I dont know much about small scale yields but 95g sounds like a major success!