Hows my first grow looking? (6-way LST, cfl, 3 weeks flower) sorry 56k

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by mystic1, Dec 29, 2010.

1. This is a 'dewberry' bag seed I planted the original plan was to keep her as a veging mother and pull a couple clones every week or so but plans have changed and I need to flower her out:

Aprox 14 weeks veg time
    Newest pics are a couple days from 3 weeks of flower
    Box is 15" x 15" x 36"
    12 x 26w cfls(12 x 100w = 1200w eq) (currently 9 x 2700k and 3 x 5500k)
    Organic super soil used from seed, re pot 2 weeks before flower started
    1/4 indoor strength MG bloom fert every 3rd watering. Last ferts where given 3 weeks in to flower. Now just filtered water till harvest.
    70ph average and 77-82f day 50-55f night

Any other questions I will answer as they are asked. Every thing I learned about growing was from reading here. This is my first time ever growing MJ and I have only even seen a couple small grows in my life. So if I'm doing anything stupid please be kind and let me know.

Some of these might not be in order but you will get the idea:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    .I had to untie it at this point. It was growing so fast it started to break the trunk
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. #2 MagikWand, Dec 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2010
    wow! intense light! different to see it like that cuz usually leaves start to droop in flowering but with all those wattz, impossible! the tips are staying perked up like a fat guy strugglin and tryin to reach for the top shelf! thats a healthy lookin plant bro. btw how did you mount youre power strip up top? got a micro right now and need some mounts for mine to put up top just like that!

3. Very nice, i see some purps in your later pics, if you lower your temps now it can get gnarly purple! It's weird how similar our plants are, i have a micro grow as well, 3rd week flowering, and it looks almost identical to yours.

4. First off, thanks for all the kind words.

Actually I didn't use a power strip. What I bought where the clamp on shop lights with the metal hood and a 150w socket with a fairly heavy cord. Got them at Walmart for $6/7.

They are hung from the top of the box by simple screw in hooks and I use heavy paper clips to hold them at the hight i want. In each socket I have a splitter to hold 2 bulbs. Because of the splitters shape ' V ' it puts the bulbs at about 45 degree over the plant giving great side use of the bulb and to get the sides of the plant covered a little better (IMHO)

The box I am using is an old utility cabinet on rollers that had a big main compartment with a drawer on top. I removed the drawer and put the screws in the underside of the top and lined everything with mylar. I hung a small fan pointing out where the drawer had been and made a shroud around the fan to promote the pushing out of the hot air on top for an exhaust. There are holes drilled around the floor that act as a passive intake bringing in ambient air. The cool air rises around the pot and threw the leaves and into the bulbs letting me run more bulbs with out the crazy heat hitting my little girl.

Personally I don't need to worry about smell so I have a simple fan/carbon filter set up in the small room that keeps the smell fine for me so far.

Here is a pic of the lights in relation to the plant and you can see a fan blowing on the bulbs:

[​IMG]

This is looking threw my access hole where the drawer used to be. down low you can see the top of the sockets. You can follow the wires up an see how there held:

[​IMG]

On the other side of the drawer opening you can see my shrouded exhaust fan. Light is not an issue as I live alone but i don't need a glowing room.

[​IMG]

If I'm gonna pull out the camera here are some fresh pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Real nice look plant. Those buds look real fire. +rep :D

6. This is looking great man! Much better than my first 2 attempts. I kept having issues with too much heat due to poor grow set up. Now I think I have it fixed (hopefully) with my new little micro rig (its a cats litter box :V).

Keep up the good work!:hello:

7. its nice seein someone with a rigged up grow like myself. i hope mine turns out as well as youres! im having heating issues in my micro right now. i think its gotta do with the fact that im using a file cab with the drawers taken out...made of aluminum or some type of metal im sure holds heat like crazy. didnt think it through entirely but i think it can still work. just gotta figure out some exhaust.

8. Good Stuff ;)

9. that is sick man... keep up with the pics ill be watching..:cool:

10. real nice man

11. Wow good job on the grow im impressed. =)

12. Perhaps some people are natural weed-growers.
    Perhaps you are one of them! +rep, amazing plants!

13. do you know how tall your plant was just before you started flowering? and how tall or large your pot size is?

14. I didn't measure it. Probably should have I would say it was about a foot above the soil but I was constantly tying it back

The pot was a lot bigger. I used my dremal to make it fit the box by cutting 6 inches off the top and I never measured the soil I eyeballed everything.

And thanks every one for the great words. In a couple more days I will take and post more pics.

15. Love your grow man. since your not using any nutes i would go to walmart for the 9 dollars and get this stuff BLOOM PLUS my homie has it and it work almost as good as Fox Farm

16. looks like a great success nice job and nice cabnite

17. damn this grow is legit! u got mad tops man u sure did your first one right. i subscribed to this thread cant wait to see how much weight you get

18. where did you get the fan in your picture?

19. They are both little 4" Massey metal desk fans I got at walmart for about $5 each. So far they have lasted near constant use from seed so i'd say I got my money out of them.

20. Thank you very much :hello: