The Yeti's Stealth Grow

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by theyeti, Sep 7, 2010.

1. #1 theyeti, Sep 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2010
    Ok, so lets see.. oh, where are my manners I believe intros are in order! Hello all, I am TheYeti! an avid toker and lover of Mary J and a first time grower... I have asked tons of questions and had (sort of) a trainwreck of a grow that never got past 3 weeks because of several reasons back in grade school, but I digress here I am more knowledgeable because of it.. So here I go again stealth Micro PC grow... this kinda started as an idea and then a joke and then some kid my friend knew was like my brother used to grow in a pc... So i decided to try it out!!! Here is my setup.. I really have no specifics I will get better bulbs I know these are 5700k and I have 1 more to put in there for flowering.. Its just some bag seed of this dank shit, Once I get a few of these under my belt I will upgrade substantially anyway enough talk here are the plants :)

EDIT:Oh yes, and I realize this is a VERY TINY place... I will LST this plant with all of my might haha if it all goes sour.. then I learned my lesson and I will upgrade.. no big deal but i thought I would try you know? It couldn't hurt!

Attached Files:

2. What soil are you using? And try using 12/12 and 2700k lighting to get fast flowering.

3. Fox Farms Ocean Forest (I believe this is what its called)
    and as for the whole 12/12 from seed deal.. I want to vegg for awhile and then LST/ScrOG it (as I have not decided which) and I have another 2700k bulb and I am getting another.. I had alittle mishap after it first sprouted I let it get to close to the light, so I took the big bulb out so I could keep the plant closer to the light to prevent stretching, I can already tell its sativa.. I want to order seeds soooooo badly but I won't let myself invest that money into this tiny space so I will learn here and then upgrade and grow some Easy Rider or some Widow :)

4. #4 Vanuzzaud, Sep 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2010
    Awesome! It looks great so far. you even covered the fan holes and everything!

Edit: Where did you get that soil at? I plan on starting my own grow and you are a great inspiration!

5. I actually have GC to thank for my grow box :) I followed everyones ideas on here basically and I wanted to have 0% light leak but after I found I could put it in this cabinet I wasn't so worried.. It is fairly tight I would say 80% only one noticable leak is the fan :/ but like i said no problem really :)

6. Why not lst and scrog? That's what im doing for my micro grow cuz i also didn't want to 12/12 from the beginning. But i'll definitely stick around to watch..

7. wait you do both?

8. You don't have to, but with that little space i'd definitely recommend it.

9. I'm abit confused... Would you lst and keep letting the shoots grow up till they were as long as the main stem (utilizing topping/fimming) and then put up a screen to keep those shoots in check?

10. Yup exactly. I have seen multiple grows on here after searching all weekend for small/micro grows and those that did lst also topped their plants at least once.

11. I was wondering where the starting point is for setting up a PC grow. You said you took all the advice from GC.

I have an extra PC case and about $150. Is this enough for me to get the rest of the equipment and get started?

12. @Sideshow- Yea bra, Honestly you won't even need that much :) I made my case for ~30$ I used cardboard to seal the holes up.. I had the fan in the computer.. The only things I bought were a powerstrip (6$) Soil, the pot, and the drainage plate (8$), the light sockets (2$ea) and the timer (~4$) Easy peasy Lemon squeezy!! I would however recomend buying a car sun shade and cutting it up as reflectors in your box... something I wish I did

13. What about the lights? Is that the same as light sockets?

I am a little unsure about wiring the powerstrip in the PC case too. I'm not trying to spend $300 on one already made though.

Is the fan that was already in the computer enough to keep it cool?

14. The lights.. as for the sockets you they are at home depot (ask someone that works there)
    the lights just go over and look at the bulbs it will say something like 2700k spectrum or 5700k spectrum (or something else) these are the two you should look for... They are cheap BUT MAKE SURE THEY WILL FIT and as for the wiring.. I did no wiring man.. I will post a link to a guy that did but I just ran the cords out of the front of my computer to an extension cord and made the hookups.. Eventually I hope to be able to wire it like you are thinking with everything inside the case.. and the fan... Yes actually the fan is one I had lieing around because when I striped the case I sold all the parts to a guy (for hell knows what) but I am about to add another just as a procaution

15. I started gathering supplies today.

It is a little costly. I'm looking at over $150.

I am following you though and cant wait till I can get started. I'll get to light proofing and building my box next week.

16. #16 theyeti, Sep 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2010
    Ok, so after the first day my box got alittle too hot and the poor little sproutling was very minutely damaged.. just the first round leaves sortof died.. I didn't really worry about it because I figured it would bounce back... It did but now the tip of one leaf is yellow... Once again I blame the heat.. I am adding another fan NOW!

EDIT : Ok, everything is all good :) I added a much stronger fan.. MUCH BETTER! I watered her today and she comes in at just under an inch and a halve! hehe I'm so proud of "it" ( I don't want to start calling sexes... its bad luck :) )

Attached Files:

17. Where were you able to pick up a fan real quick and where did you install it?

18. @Sideshow - Well I kept the power supply from the computer I used and it just so happens that the power supply has a fan inside it so I jacked it and ran an old charger to it :)

Ok, so today is day 8 I believe and now I am getting impatient, haha this is probably the worst part about growing.. the wait... your here to give it water and love but other than that there isn't much to do...

19. I hear ya man. Your about 3 days ahead of me and the wait just sucks haha

20. I'm diggin' this thread. I'm loking into micro growing also (Personal) :eek:
    Please tell me the lighting you have on "it" hope your grow is superb! I'm also gonna follow this :devious: