Stealth grow ?? :)

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by zEsToNeR, Aug 3, 2010.

1. #1 zEsToNeR, Aug 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2010
    Hey guys I have been doing alot of research on growing. I need a stealth way to grow so parents do not find out ;). I have plenty of cfls including 42 w and higher bulbs. My first thought was to grow in the attic but after I realistically thought about it its way too hot up there and way too cold in the winter. I have an old pc case but its only 1ft tall. I also had thoughts of making a grow environment out of a card board box. If anyone has past experience with stealth growing or good ideas or tips let me know! also any grow stories or problems you have ever had would be interesting:)

2. dude, either do it in your closet with 1 or 2 plants or don't do it at all. I have 5 growing in small spot with 8 CFL's. Its nice and covered, have it in my garage with a small fan.

3. thats nice Hmm what about the smell?

4. I like the garage idea but I live in desert climate so I might want to go to the closet even though it's not as low key. What do you think?

5. I purchased this odor nutrializer. I also heard arm and hammer freezer or refrigerator smell obsorbers also work well but I havnt had a reason to buy them not including the fact I don't want to drop money unless I need to. I have 1 bagseed and 1 seed that is supposedly an indica sativa cross strain called thc bomb.

6. Hey mini farmer . how long have you been in veg and in your garage do you use a growbox or something or just have the pots? Also for that many plants what wattage and quantities of cfls or other lights do you have and do you know if they increase the utilities bill by alot?btw what strain are they dude?

7. Older Person with a Moral issue Warning

If your afraid of your parents finding out about you growing in their house, then maybe you shouldn't do it in their house.
    Not only are you risking your life / freedom, your also risking theirs unknowingly.
    Worst case being if your found out depending on your state your parents could possibly go to jail, be fined or even loose their house. Let alone if your grow goes back and starts a fire.

Not only that, if your parents find your grow, Odds are they will be pissed and you just gave them one good reason not to trust you. Trust is a huge thing to have with your parents and loosing your parents because of your own stupidity is something you may not be to happy to think of when your older and realize you had spent more time with them.

Security and the risks that follow need to be in your mind anytime you grow.

Best thing to do is research, then move out and grow under your own roof, or at-least do an outdoor grow next spring.

8. I like the garage idea but I live in desert climate so I might want to go to the closet even though it's not as low key. What do you think?

9. Thx for your concern. I have already thought thouroughly about everything you mentioned But my situation is flexible. I definately will Start when I move out but feel like I'm wasting time and could be gaining xp and grow clean high quality bud from home wich is much less risky than meeting dealers for my goods s well as the money going farther. Btw I love the boondocks! Especially uncle ruckus:)

10. Ps imma whoop yo ass belt style niiigggaaaaa

11. #11 Etchi, Aug 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2010
    I was lucky as in I didnt smoke pot until I moved out of my parents house. That was also when I began to grow. I how ever did not have the internet to go to to learn how to do things correctly. I ended up having to trash a 5 foot plant because my roomie got a girl friend who well, wasnt to keen to pot and didnt mind me smoking but did not want her BF to smoke or even be around it. So he asked me to get rid of my lady in the middle of Jan where I couldnt take it anywhere else. I was sad, but not pissed at him. It was his house, and his Gf (now wife) so I had to respect his choice.

After that heart breaking event I decided to wait until I got my own place where I could make the rules. That was 10+ years ago, and Im finally to the point where I can grow. This is also the same guy(me) who at one time had to drive almost 2 hours round trip (every week or two for almost 2 years)to go pick up an ounce from my "trusted" dealer because I refused to deal with the shaddy mother fuckers in my local area.

However.... I still have my family over almost daily. So I'm kinda in the same boat. I need to keep things stealth and odor free unless risking pissing off my Mom and dad (who are in their late 60s- early 70s). At at this stage in life, that's one thing I'm always going to be worried about. Im not a mommas boy, but through out all of my stupid mistakes Only 3 select friends and my family has stuck with me through to the end. That deserves their respect until the one day they pass away.

The funny thing is I joke with my mom all the time how I could make an extra few grand a month if I turned my spare bed room into a grow room. Her only response is a chuckle and tells me Im nuts, Growing is hard work. Plus she never has even smoked a cig. so I always tease her how Im going to slip in some special brownies to help her with her glaucoma.

Also for help. the best thing I could offer you is to click on the link under my sig pic. This will give you a page with the best Stickies and other misc non stickies to help you with every step of your growth.

and PS>
    I read the newspaper comics back long before the tv series. So Ive been a fan for a long time. I picked this Ava-Sig set because of the Grandad pot episode last week or so. If you haven't seen it, go look for it, I believe its Ep 12.

12. Thats too bad that she has glaucoma especially since she is not an advocate of medicinal cannabis which is normal because my mom probably would be the same because of the way she was raised. Its too bad that our country is so fucking greedy and condones the killers alcohol and tobacco but produce propaganda shielding the eyes of the majority from the truth and sooooo many benefits of Maryjane! The site that angered me was when i saw a youtube video of the feds raiding MEDICINAL grow facilities. :eek: FUCKING PORKERS :) :smoking:

13. Helpful sticky BTW :hello:

14. I got them as clones from the clubs here in cali, they were tiny when I frist got them, they have been flowering for the past couple weeks. They grew pretty fast, I have them ging 18 hours will all CFLs (42 watt, 2700 Lumens), most reg light bulbs are double that. I have 8 lights going for 5 plants. I also purchase reflective covering for the lights and covered the entire thing. I haven't noticed much in elec. bill since all I use is CFL's. I have Grandaddy Purp, Sour Grapes, Gorilla (never head of), and grapes. All are doing very well. I have them in pots.

15. Danger Will Robinson Danger!!!

During my first grow I was absolutely unprepared for the sheer amount of pungent sweetness these ladies can give off. Odor control must be in your equation.

Don't make the same mistake I did.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Crazy that 2010 was 7 years ago!
    Dudes parents prolly in a nursing home by now

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

17. lol I'm an idiot I didn't even notice the date