Thoughts on cloning during flowering

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by sloburn, Jul 10, 2010.

1. Step up

FFOF soil, 600w hortilux hps, power flower nutrient.

Its my first grow and i used bag seeds. I didnt want to use my $40 seeds i purchased online yet till i saw how i would do with this grow. As you know im not sure of the genetics or sex. so i didnt want to clone. i am 2-3 weeks into flowering and it seems like 7 out of the 8 bag seeds will be female.

I wanted to know if its too late for me to clone? and if i do clone will it effect the growth and flowering of my current flowering plants?

(I will like to thank everyone who has helped me through this process. This grow wasnt as hard as i thought it will be. It was fun)

2. It's not "to late" to clone. Taking cuttings from a flowering plant then revegging them is called (super/ monster cropping) A Complete Guide to Topping, Training and Pruning - International Cannagraphic Magazine Forums

that link kinda talks about it with some other good info.

But to answer your other question. Taking a cutting during flowering WILL affect your overall yield because you are taking away bud sites (3 nodes worth). But it all depends because you are wagering that cutting is going to produce when you super crop. I know Mrs. Ed has a super crop plant going right now

http://forum.grasscity.com/hydroponic-grow-journals/596448-mrseds-pimped-out-condo.html

3. its not too late. go along with your harvest then re-vegg and take a clone.
    "Regenerate - AKA re-vegging, refers to the act of putting a plant back into the growth cycle after harvesting the flowering buds off of the plant, in order to bud the plant again or to take clones off of the plant."