Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can a pregnant woman ingest high concentrated THC oil?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by apogee91, Oct 9, 2011.

1. As I couldn't find any research online, I am reaching out to the knowledge of the members of this cool forum :)

My simple question is: Can a pregnant woman ingest high concentrated THC oil?

My wife is suffering from Crohn's Disease (over 14 surgeries) and I really want to try Rick Simpsons / Shona Banda's hemp oil, but I don't know if it's safe while pregnant.

Thank you!

2. No never,entering THC to the baby as such a small age into his body is not safe.Studies shown that children who were exposed to marijuana during pregnancy sometimes have problems focusing their attention and solving problems.If it's a small quantity it may not matter,but definitely not a high quantity of thc.

3. Please give reference to those supposed studies...you can bet your ass that it wasn't a real study, just an opinion based on other unrelated substances/things.:cool:

OP, Check out Granny Storm Crow's stickie, has info on MJ and preggers.:wave:

4. errr....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igIXMe0YtZU]Marijuana Saves Baby with Brain Cancer! - YouTube[/ame]

this baby would be dead without the "unsafe" THC you speak of.

I can't say the same for babies in the womb...but cannabis is one of the safest psychoactive compounds on earth.

I suffer from UC which is similar to crohns...the disease is bad enough on it's own, I can't even fathom the pain and discomfort during a pregnancy.

All I know is that pregnant women are often prescribed anti nausea medication during pregnancy which more than likely has more side effects than cannabis.

this might help you more

Pregnancy and Medical Marijuana: Can Pot Help Pregnant Women With Vomiting and Nausea?

MMJ just has this negative stigma surrounding it. They'd rather shove big pharma drugs down your throat

5. Lot's of people don't realize the Hugh difference, between Bud and Hash. That is where the problem lye's.

Doctor will say, a woman who smokes Bud during the first trimester, will be able to coup with nausea. Though after the first, they should not touch it at all.

The confusion is knowing, how much is too much. Bud can be between 3%-25% THC. Hash on the other hand, is much higher. I have seen it as much as 52%. Hash that strong, shouldn't be used by moderate users, let alone Pregnant women.

6. Cannabis Oil is considered hash?

7. I dont know the answer to the question. However, I know a Sociologist who obtained a Grant to study the effects of Ganja on children of smoking moms in Jamaica. Her three year study showed that infants of daily smokers slept thru the night sooner, doubled birth weight more quickly, walked earlier and had virtually no "colic". However, these mom's were tokers, NOT ingesting more concentrated THC in the form of oil.

TigerLilly

8. Basically concentrated THC. Very high content.

9. apparently smoking while pregnant completely reduces the childs "chance" of "getting" ADD and other forms of attention 'disorders'
    just read emperor of hemp. very good book.

10. My friend's mom smoked weed while she was pregnant all the time. He was born with a 3rd arm. LOLOLOL.

But in all seriousness, I don't think it'll really do much harm. Hell, my mom smoked weed when I was in the womb, even did meth once I think, I turned out okay.