Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

So I have just moved to Cali and I have NO IDEA.

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by bon idee, Jul 1, 2010.

1. I'm in San Diego and I want to get mmj. I have glaucoma in my left eye, and I'm also diagnosed with an anxiety disorder that I'd prefer not take xanax for. I'm married to someone in the Navy and have Tricare, but I doubt any military doctor would hand out a script for mmj. I would have to pay out of pocket if I went to the appointment I'm assuming...

So how much does the card cost? What are the average costs for the bud you get? Do you just walk in and buy it?

2. #2 budluver, Jul 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2010
    You pay for the "meeting" not the card. Mine cost $150 with medicann and I used to renew it every year for $90. And yea you basically walk in and have a 10 min meeting with the doctor and they give you your rec and your on your way. You'll get your card a couple weeks later in the mail. It's a business first in foremost so if your money is green you will get your card.

3. So how do you find a doctor that specializes in something like that? I'm not going to be here a year, we're moving to Georgia in November for some of my husband's training. Then we might end up back here or in Virginia, but I want to take advantage of mmj while I still can.

4. And do they give you anything you can use in lieu of the card while you're waiting on it in the mail? Or do you have to wait the whole two weeks before you can get your bud?

5. Go to MediCann.com and schedule an appointment. You either neeed some medical paper work or a pill bottle to verify your condition. They give you a piece of paper with the doc's signature on it, your drivers license pic, and other stuff on it.

6. You're in San Diego? OK pick up a READER newspaper that comes out on Thursdays. There should be a number of listings for Medical Marijuana doctors. Just pick one, glaucoma is the one thing no one can say boo about, you qualify. Alternately just google search "Medical Marijuana Doctors in San Diego"

These days you can find docs for under $50 for a new recommendation, and there's NO CARD NEEDED. You will walk out with paperwork that will allow you to go to any dispensary

7. You actually get a paper recommendation that day, so you can go straight to a dispensary. At the dispensary, you'll fill out some basic paperwork, and then go into the back to pick out your goods. It was a little strange at first. Look around in your area to find the highest rated dispensaries. They usually don't feel so 'fly by night' and are more comfortable. Many give away freebies to new patients, too.

Most of the time, 1/8 ounce will be around $50-65 depending on quality and strain. Edibles are about $8, lollipops $3. Btw, the lollipops are usually good, but even with very low tolerance they only give a slight buzz. It's not enough to help with the pain, maybe to 'top off' if you're somewhere you can't smoke.

8. Also go to weedtracker.com to look for dispensaries and their menus.