Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Pennsylvania to Debate Medical Marijuana Bill

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by freepa, Nov 10, 2009.

1. #1 freepa, Nov 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2010
    The Pennsylvania House of Representatives' Health and Human Services Committee, a 26 member committee, will hear testimony about HB 1393, the Compassionate Use Medical Marijuana Act.

Patients, doctors, and advocates are welcome to testify.

Visit http://www.pa4mmj.org/pages/submit_testimony

for details on how to testify as part of Pennsylvanians for Medical Marijuana's efforts. Everyone is welcome to come in support. Details on exactly where it will be held will be posted soon.

To submit Testimony here is an outline you can use

TESTIMONY OF [NAME]

BEFORE THE PENNSYLVANIA HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

COMMITTEE ON HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES

ON HB 1393 COMPASSIONATE USE ACT OF 2009

Good morning, Chairmen Oliver and Baker, and Members of the Committee. I am [name] from [city and county].

I am submitting this testimony to urge passage of the Compassionate Use Act of 2009 by this Committee and the General Assembly.

[Summary of my personal history and story]

[How this Bill would help me and others in a similar situation]

[Why I believe this is "an idea whose time has come, for a new, honest view of marijuana, a time for cures, not wars on patients."]

My testimony is submitted according to the law of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and the Rules of the House of Representatives. Thank you for this opportunity to be heard.

Dated: September __ , 2009 ______________________________ ___
    [Name]
    [Address]

A good example of Written testimony

http://www.medicalmovement.com/uploa...ement_rev1.doc

Please email it to Patients@Pa4MMJ.org

Or mail it to

PhillyNORML
    1234 Market St
    PO Box 36687
    Phila. PA 19107-9997 [/FONT]

2. Just the fact that the issue is being discussed in my home state is wonderful news. I pray that our legislature will see reason.

3. I hope you can come to hearings and support us at least enter some written testimony if you can't be there.

4. I'm not sure if I'll be able to make the trek to Harrisburg that day, but I'll certainly try. At the very least, I'll send in my written testimony.

5. Please email it to Patients@Pa4MMJ.org

The guys at Philliy norml will look it over make corrections and add suggestions

When it is final you will sign it and they will hand it at the hearing for you if your not going.

6. can people just show up and be there in support and attend the hearing

7. yes you can come and just stand there you do not need testify or speak

We do need as many people to come as we can find the more the better off we will be

Remember Colorado's success is because of there strength in numbers

When there is a hearing or meeting the people come out.

8. Yes! Finally! Took H&HS long enough to set a date.

9. Darkest Ties

Do you know any other activists in your area

Have you seen any flyers ect floating around ?

10. This is a good start.

An actual letter, written by hand, will have more of an impact.

If you have a few minutes to write a letter, and send it in to your rep, please do it... And encourage your friends to do the same.

Also, showing up at the hearings is VERY important!

I wish I could come to the hearings, but I'm moving across the country in 6 days, so I kinda can't.

I really hope it passes, though.

11. No. For the amount of smokers we have around here (Erie), there doesn't seem to be a lot of actual activism. The most I can say myself is that I've forced all of my friends to call and write letters.

12. is it gonna be a big thing, or if i show up will it be kinda awkward

13. It shouldn't be awkward. If you show up, you don't have to speak. Just you being there shows your support, and makes a statement.

14. i never thought my conservative-as-hell state would consider MMJ this early but it is a pleasant surprise.

15. You can bank on at least 50 people being there for sure you won't feel out of place

Grab your friends and take a car ride down figure 5 people in a car.

I know I'm going with 10 people right now could be more 5 are cancer patients.

Just dress nice and be clean cut please save the Ty dyes for another time.

16. #18 Kevin, Nov 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2009
    If anyone from PA is going to this send me a PM, I'm gonna attend if any of my friends wanna take a drive

freepa, any estimate on how many people are going to be there? and do you think there is a real possibility of mmj coming to PA?

we have some harsh mj laws, I'm pretty surprised there's even a debate so soon

17. We really have no idea how many people will show up on that day

All the folks from Phillynorml, PittsburgNorml, The medical movement will be there for sure. Plus all the independent activists

The more people that come on down the better chance it will pass

You ether email, call, or show up to support it or it doesn't pass

If you can't go or don't want to go at least submit testimony see post #1

18. o fuck its in the middle of the day on Wednesday, and i was legitimately planning on being there. tomoro ill get around to writing something