Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

MMJ and Insurance

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by WEEirDo, Jul 28, 2009.

1. Okay, Im only 19 and have little know how on how insurance works, but does anyone know why (or maybe it does) it doesnt cover MMJ stuff?

Maybe it does and I havnt heard of it, but I mean, why shouldn't it?

2. I have worked in the Medical Insurance field. MMJ is NOT covered by any major HMO or PPO. There is a SMALL company offering to reimburse for meds, but I don't really know much about them.

As to WHY the major insurers don't cover it, it's basically because it's still illegal at a federal level, AND it's what's called "alternative medicine" which isn't covered anyway. Most of the time acupunture and chiropractory isn't covered by regular insurance.

Doubt that it ever will be covered.