Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

The US Dept Of Health Has a Patent on Medical Cannabinoids WTF

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Synned, Jul 25, 2009.

1. Fuckers. Does that mean that every grower will now also get charged with copywrite infringement?

2. Wow, first time I've heard about this. This could be great for debates. I wonder if MPP and NORML know about this.

3. #4 iLoveWaterBongs, Jul 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2009
    I'm guessing they thought it was getting close to legalization time so they decided to pick up a patent just incase they wanted to make some cannabis medicine, and have no market competition =P

Not really though, I don't think, but honestly; I have no idea how that effects anything related to marijuana. I'm a little blazed, someone care to explain it?

Edit: I just read this comment at the bottom.

4. uplifting news! i can just picture it now... dea all tongue-tied trying to explain it, then just says fuck it- Marijuana: LEGAL!!! just like in the beginning of pineapple express haha.. ahh wishful thinking but now back to reality :( ill just have to use the governments finely patented product to take me back :bongin:

5. Breaking news everyone. :rolleyes:

This patent was issued way back in 2003. Yeah the government is very hypocritical, whats new?

6. lol it was originally filed in 01! its just such bs, wish things would change..

7. Marinol is a schedule III drug, which means exactly that "the drug or other substance has a currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States", so that's how i guess

But what makes me even angrier is that just a few days ago our own drug czar was quoted saying marijuana has no medical benefit when our government owns this patent!

8. exactly.

9. From what i hear you can't put patents on plants....

10. :laughing: I just burst out laughing at that, hahaha

11. yeah but you can patent the use of a chemical or substance for a specific application.. as the us govt has done here..

12. wowowow lemme get this straight.

The government has a patent stating that Canabanoids or however its spelled have medical purposes, and could be used in medicine....

Yet, they state marijuana has no medicinal value????

What The Fuck????? :confused:
    And of course, they would make it into a pill, and pills always have other substances in them, and then i could see these pills turning into a street item.

Why not keep it simple? And let a natural herb do the trick?

Somebody tell me, what the fuck is wrong with America?

13. correcto mundo! theres so much wrong with our country right now, honestly where do you start.. lol

14. Our government makes me so damn angry. Full of Lies and Deceit...

15. The government has never been consistent. How in the hell can they make (rightfully) legal in all 50 states the right for a woman to have an abortion on the basis that such disiction should be between a woman and her doctor, and in the same breath condemn MMJ?

They have guns. They don't need consistency.

16. Only in america.
    -nugbuzzed:smoking:

17. I'm tellin ya...
    the reason we can't have Cannabis is because the oil company feels UBER threatened by how useful, and efficient it is. Also, the close-minded part of this planet is terrified of our minds being opened, and us finding ourselves. America wants to make the EXPENSIVE pills, that are time-released (You got it, more chemicals), which have more potential harm so that Cannabis can be blamed yet again.

It has HUGE medical benefits! Huge! I am bi-polar, and have been smoking, its done more than any drug the doctors prescribed to me...and its a million times safer..It won't hurt my liver, the smoke damage is very mild (Like breathing the air in a big city), and its really not a killer...Everyone here knows this of course! I've been a lot happier ( I smoke a small bowl each night), I feel more confident than ever before, and I'm MORE motivated...So, I'mma keep doin what I do... :bongin: