Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Who dispenses the buds in the case of medicinal maryj?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by dustyhaze, Mar 26, 2009.

1. I just started pharmacy school and was wondering who exactly dispenses the weed to the card carrying patient? Is it through a pharmacy, or is it a special shop? Also, are the ones dispensing licensed pharmacists or somebody else.. If there is any way for me to become one of these herb dispensing pharmacists that is so what I wanna do.. Any info on this would be excellent :smoking:

2. It's a special shop. They're called dispensaries and the only medicine they carry is marijuana-related

3. Ok, that I sort of thought already, but can anybody work at one of these dispensaries? It sounds like a great job. Weighing buds, and rolling doobies all day... Well I already do that, but to get PAID for it :metal:

4. That's the problem with most clubs I've been to, the people working there have NO clue as to the medicinal therapeutic uses of MMJ. I WISH there was more knowledge in the budtenders at most places, and the clubs I go back to are the ones who DO know their stuff.

5. Yeah it's really the plant with a million uses but people are so closed-minded it's absolutely rediculous. Besides medicinal use which we haven't even began to tap into the potential of, the hemp plant has hundreds of uses and probably hundreds more that we haven't been "allowed" to pursue study of because of its status according to all of the good men and women down at the DEA. I mean I don't care a much about that, I just want to smoke it myself. If they legalized it and taxed it, we could pretty much wrap up this depression.. maybe not but it would sure bring change... sorry this isn't a blog. thanks for the feedback fellas

6. I'm more curious to know where the dispensaries get their weed from.

7. Growers obviously

8. Well no shit.
    I meant where are the grow-ops situated?
    When was the last time you drove past a government sanctioned grow-op?

9. In the US it's all done privately. You won't ever find a grow-op in the open, regardless of status.

I've seen documentaries where they go to the Canadian ops, it's different than it is here.