Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Do you have to deal with insurance or anything when applying for you cannabis card?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by bjdguy, Jan 18, 2009.

1. I'm in the bay area of california and i'm ready to get my card but do i have to worry about insurance? i'm 18 and still on my parents insurance. Will they be contacted by the insurance company or anything because i would like it if they did not know about it.

2. No, your insurance won't/can't do anything to help you with the fees for your card so they won't be contacted at all.

3. thanks man. that was the only thing stopping me from getting my card. guess i'll be getting it sometime this week then SWEEEET!

4. Damn i wished i lived in California. Whats your sickness?

5. cottonmouth

6. Come on, let's be a LITTLE more serious please? I'm all for fun, but not in important threads.

There should be a sticky somewhere that talks about insurance, it comes up often enough.

Your standard HMO/PPO Health insurance will not cover your Medical Marijuana Recommendation nor will it provide funds to buy Medication from a dispensary. Period.

There MAY be a small health insurance company that is supposedly offering reimbursements on meds, but I haven't heard anything from anyone actually enrolled as to how well it works. I'm not even sure they still exist, but I have seen ads for them in MMJ related magazines.

The ONLY insurance related connection is that if you are currently on Medi-Cal you can get a DISCOUNT at certain recommending doctors and also a discount on the State/County ID Card.

Otherwise, for hopefully the last time, no your standard Health Insurance doesn't want to have anything to do with MMJ.