Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking after surgery. Bad?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by evilidiot, Dec 11, 2008.

1. #1 evilidiot, Dec 11, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2008
    I got three wisdom teeth taken out and it hurts like hell. I want to smoke tomorow but I don't think it would be good for me so I looked online. All I found was that it would be a good painkiller and also something said it dialates blood vessels and would help people heal. I also read things that said the exact opposite and it would be really bad for me and clog my blood vessels making it take longer to heal.
    :confused::confused::confused:
    I want to know if any of that is true, can you guys help me?

Also, they gave me some vicodin as the painkiller as well as some penicillin to fight infections; if I smoke and take the pills would that not be good?

2. I have no specific knowledge of the subject, but as an athlete Ill say that it works wonders after a pulled muscle or broken bone

3. I smoked after my knee surgery, and i'll tell ya it takes ALOT of the pain away.

Didn't hurt me man, and my knee surgery was probably alot worse than having wisdom teeth pulled.

I say go for it.

4. Smoking after oral surgery is bad because it causes pressure in the mouth, which can cause your wounds to bleed again.

That being said, I have smoked shortly after extractions on several occasions, and not had any extra bleeding due to it. I usually avoid any smoking method that causes me to have to suck real hard, like a bong, or joint, and use a bubbler pipe, which I can hit very softly.

Cannabis should not dull the efficacy of your other meds.

5. my buddy had the same thing done awhile ago, to skirt the whole mouth pressure problem he just bought one of those cheap electric pipes that push the smoke out using a little fan

I think its called an erbo or someting like that

6. What about a gravity bong? I made one of those and I am eager to use it; would I be fine using that?

7. Well, I went threw with it and Id say that I am perfectly fine and that shit got me high ass hell. :smoking: