Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cannabis Lip Balm

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by rosealfanso, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Can we have cannabis in our lip balm? have anyone heard about such balm?
    Recently i was watching "Super High Me" and i thought why can't we make it..

2. I've been using cannabis lip balm for about a year now. I love it!!
    And it's good for rough spots on the skin.
    Smell? Nada-
    DebbieDoes :)

3. That's great, do you prepare it by yourself?

4. No, I got it from a dispensary.
    Let us know how yours turns out!
    Debbie

5. #7 BadKittySmiles, Apr 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2012
    We make ours using coconut hash oil, with a glycerin hash tincture as a base (the primary ingredient),
    and shea, jojoba and cocoa butters, with some vitamin E.

Using food grade flavorings, you can scent and flavor your balm any way you like, if you don't prefer 'original'. :D

I have also made 'luxury blends' for clients, using certain fancy name-brand balms and sticks as a base
    ingredient, rather than the simple shea/cocoa/jojoba. :)

The coconut hash oil is why the 'Lip BOMB' below, is darker in color than the sprays (it also doesn't need the
    few drops of golden dragon ((or even simple water, if you can't tolerate grain alcohol)) to thin it out, like
    the sprayers).

You can make solid blends as well, by simply altering the ratio of ingredients (mainly the coconut hash oil,
    and the glycerin tincture) and if you don't feel like buying empties, you can easily re-fill most common
    chapstick dispensers.

The 'secret ingredient' is lecithin.. particularly in the liquid version!

It's very good for you and it helps facilitate absorption, but it also is a powerful emulsifying agent,
    in other words it homogenizes or evenly blends and distributes a mixture that, otherwise, would separate into
    layers... :hello:

Here are a few shots.. but apparently only the glycerin tutorial, e-cig recipes, and sprayer tutorials have been
    shared so far, it seems I haven't got around to the Lip BOMB like I'd thought I had!

The above pretty much says it all, though. :)

For the oil/s..

-Medical Grade Cannabis Concentrate-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(Makes the above, into..)

[​IMG]

(Caps can be used topically as well, by simply twisting off the top and squeezing.. the remaining cap and trace
    contents can be eaten by the patient, or discarded.)

[​IMG]

BadKat's Highly Activated & Bioavailable, Med-Grade Hash Oil (starting with dry-sift hash, same as capsule recipe, oil can also be used for cooking)

Med-Grade Hash Oil

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(And the above, into....)

[​IMG]

And the glycerin tincture...

Glycerin Tincture

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(You can see the little 'roller' applicator in the top photo.. these are fabulous for topical use even beyond the
    lips, and for discreet public medicating... the more 'forward' people are a bit less likely to ask to use a lip balm
    or chapstick, than they are to ask if they can try your 'spray candy' :p )

[​IMG]

Hope this helps! :wave:

6. Thanks a lot BadKittySmiles, :D
    This is what i wanted, Thanks a lot....;)

7. Cannibis lip balm, bath salts …already available IF your in Colorado!

8. And available in NorCal!!!

9. Lol reported for advertising/spam.