Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Law Student Fighting for MMJ NEEDS HELP!

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by lovepeace, Aug 28, 2011.

1. Hi all -

I am law student, writing an article advocating for legal MMJ.

I am focusing a significant section of the article on the advantages and disadvantages of the two different MMJ state law models: DISPENSARIES v. GYO (Grow Your Own).

Can anyone with links to articles or information that I can use to learn about the pros and cons of these two systems PLEASE EMAIL ME the links or the articles or information itself, OR POST IT ON THIS THREAD???

Any point in the right direction CAN REALLY HELP! I'm on a tight deadline.

THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH FOR ANY HELP YOU CAN GIVE!!!

-lovepeace

2. You want to be a lawyer???:confused:

honestly, you seem a bit to lazy.;)
    lawyers have to do research...us search tools...read....think.:eek:

you display a lack of the willingness to do any of the above.:cool:

Look at the stickies, check out the search tool...there is even an entire section of GC just for videos....:rolleyes::smoke: :D

BTW, GOOGLE can help as well.;)

3. This is a hard thing to help with. Different states have different laws.

In my opinion you need BOTH to operate efficiently. The GYO model brings no tax revenue to the state (or very little) and does not create very many regulations nor does it make it very easy or convenient to get.

A dispensary model creates jobs, it's usually much more secured than an at-home grow, and it gives a lot of tax revenue back. The ease of getting the medicine, the large selection of medications along with other by-products (hash, oils, edibles, butter, etc).

As for links, I won't do your work for you. I'll simply give you any information you need to know on the subject, but you'll need to verify/find the resources yourself.

4. Thank you for your replies so far. I appreciate your time!

@cball -- yes, being a law student and lawyer requires a tremendous amount of research, writing, motivation, patience, drive, reading and extremely critical thinking. No one in my family is a lawyer - no one has ever obtained an advanced degree in anything. I never expected to -- but recent cancer deaths in my family compelled me to suddenly go to law school, where I intend to fight for patients rights and civil rights throughout my career.

I know you were kidding, but make no mistake, I am working my ass of in school and holding down several jobs to boot. My work on this current project has included countless hours of research resulting in 40+ pages of honed, novel, information, crafted in a way that injects into the intellectual community, the positions that all of us here agree on. Many say - "we've got to legalize!" But guess what: Until we shift the tenor of the discussion among lawmakers and judges to do so, it ain't gonna happen. By people like myself, making scholarly arguments for why the CSA is messed up and why and HOW we need to change things -- the arguments are published in law reviews, read my lawyers, judges and legislatures and even CITED when decisions are made, because and article like mine will help the decision makers MAKE THEIR decision!

@spaced -- thanks for your comments - I'm certainly not asking anyone to do work for me. In fact, FINDING the material is only maybe 10% of the work. The real work is crafting it, massaging it, supporting it, writing it, structuring it ect... I was just asking for some specific places where I could find cite worthy opinions on the DISPENSARY SYSTEM v. GYO/COOP SYSTEM. In Arizona, Prop 203 provided for dispensaries. The state is challenging that law and it is possible that as a result, AZ will become a strictly GYO model with major obstacles for why it will never allow any major co-ops or caregiver networks, considering the fact that law enforcement will be staunching against the law. Patients under a forced GYO model, which was not intended, will thus have no practical access to MMJ because they will literally have to grow their own.

Real practical: A patient with cancer discovers a half dozen anti-nausea drugs fail to help, but can't walk into a dispensary to get cannabis. He's got to plant a damn seed and wait for it to grow. That is asinine and I want to stop it from happening in AZ. GYO can be very successful in other states -- It won't be in AZ so long as Joe Arpaio runs things.

Anyway, my thought was that people in this community would be more than willing to share links, docs and info to further the cause. Really no need to hide the ball - were on the same team.

@dirty -- granny's list is AWESOME. tremendous work!!! Thanks for the link.

Anything else you all can think of would be great!

Thanks again!

lovepeace