Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

best strain for headaches/migranes?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by oceano, Jul 15, 2011.

1. Usually white widow works for me.

What about you?

2. Hindu Kush.

3. I have never thought about specific strains and there ability to cure my migraines. All i know is it provides relief, but doesnt cure it... at least for me. IF i dont pop an advil, it'll be back with a vengeance (usually once i burn out).

4. Some people say sativa's are vest for migraines, but i find sometimes the head high can make it worse, or give me a rebound headache when I come down. I prefer at least a 60% indica for them personally. Also, I've found white widow to work pretty good for them (although I believe it's 60% sativa)

5. Blue Dream and Headband work very well for my migraines.

6. Blue Cheese is the bees knees when it comes to migraines!:smoke: If I smoke or vape an indica dominant strain at the first sign of a migraine, for me it's an aura spanning 15-30min., it completely aborts the headache stage about 95% of the time. However, heavy sativas don't show any positive effects for me in regards to pain.
    If I wait too long and the headache stage is already started, smoking will lessen the pain dramatically for an hour or so but not completely.

I've been on Imitrex, treximet, 2 types of daily preventative pills, muscles relaxers, and a few other pharmaceuticals I can't remember right now. At their best the pharms don't even come close to the reliability and effectiveness cannabis provides me.

GO WEED!!! :hello:

7. I get a headache when I come down on white widow.

8. Anything that is a nice OG, currently have some Jedi OG that destroys all pain, some Pot Of Gold that mellows any intense edge, and some strawberry cough that makes pain feel like a pillow is causing pressure in the once painful area.

Smoke anything, it will be great, OG's help me sleep but heavy indica's in general are good for pain

also check out places like leaf.ly

9. any dank weed will work aha....

10. Afghan Kush

Without a Doubt
    :smoke:

11. Sometimes I try white widow, but I did not see improvements all the time

12. pakistani kush

13. Any heavy indica will do the job for me.

14. Some haze strains like super silver haze they relax you and put u in a mellow mood ,cheese is also great very nice smell one lil bag will smell out your whole room.. so i'd go with some haze