Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can you smoke weed while taking Prilosec OTC? (Heartburn treatment)

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by RICHMYSTER, May 21, 2011.

1. This is not a prescribed drug I have. My doctor gave me the pills to take for 2 weeks. Its been a few days since I've had these nasty stomach pains and a little nausea. I don't get much of an appetite so I wasn't eating as much. Just yesterday I smoked a joint and felt no pain and also got the "munchies" so I ate and felt good :)
    Once my high went down I started feeling the stomach pain again..
    Tomorrow will be my first day taking Prilosec but I want to know if its OK to smoke marijuana while taking it?

2. You can smoke weed with anything.

3. naa...I've tried a lot...and find telephone poles just won't take a hit...:laughing::laughing:

Seriously though, it will help ya more if you had an edible or tincture, vape maybe...but toking if ya have too...weed won't react to anything I've heard of, yet.

(as a science minded person, I have to think it reacts to something out there...we just haven't found anything in 10,000 years of it's usage by us silly humans):D

4. No it wont bother a thing.

I got two 2 week prilosec boxes to help with nausea and whatnot and as soon as I stopped taking them the problems came back. I found out tho that weed did a much much better job at handling my stomach nausea and eating problems.

Sucks dick I cannot get a card for that though, mmj would be a godsend for my stomach pains.. but eh.

5. #5 RICHMYSTER, May 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Yup, exactly. The weed does a much better job at that. I've been staying medicated all this time since I made the thread xD

6. I knew a dude who toked and used Prilosec as a prescription. No problems.

However, I feel I have to enlighten you dudes about drug interactions with cannabis. 99% of the time there are no hassles. Here are some exceptions that I know of-

Opiates and NSAIDS work better with cannabis, so you may want to cut back your dosage of the pills.

[FONT=&quot]Haloperidol's and [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Valproate[/FONT][FONT=&quot]'s effects are made stronger by cannabis.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Indomethacin [/FONT]blocks some of the effects of cannabinoids, and the reverse may be true.

[FONT=&quot]Tricyclic antidepressants [/FONT]and cannabis have generated a few case reports of adverse reactions.

[FONT=&quot]The multidrug transporters ABCG2 (BCRP) and [/FONT][FONT=&quot]ABCC1 (MRP1)[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]are inhibited by cannabinoids[/FONT], so your drugs may not get in your system as they should.

If you are having an operation and they are using [FONT=&quot]Propofol, you may need more of a dose to be completely under! [/FONT][FONT=&quot](You don't want to wake up in the middle of your operation! :eek: )[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]So take it slow and easy when combining cannabis and other drugs. Most of the time there are NO PROBLEMS, but there are a few exceptions, as you see.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Granny [/FONT][FONT=&quot]:wave:

[/FONT]

7. You should be fine! I have the worlds worst GERD problem, I SWEAR! And as long as I take my meds & DON'T eat trigger-foods past a certain time without extra medication, I'm fine!!! It helps GIVE me an appetite if anything, as mentioned by others!

8. I've been taking that stuff for about 10 years... since before it was OTC and could only be gotten with a script. And I toke everyday... ALOT!

No problems. Spark it up man.

9. #9 RICHMYSTER, May 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Thanks, bro. But I already know xD I've been toking it everyday, haha.

10. Dude prilosec sucks! I tried it twice as soon as I was finished the nausea returned not since I went on a 3 month 9 times a day bid bud binge haven't gagged since :)

11. the weed will help the nausea, and possibly help prevent the heartburn (unless you eat too much maybe). but if the heartburn is active itll just hurt more - from my experience anyway. ive been on prilosec for 10+ years and smoke for the past 4.